A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
401 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween Costume-A-Long? (2009)  (Read 25631 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , halloween , costume , dress_up  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Feywalker
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2009 07:36:04 AM »

That sounds really neat and original.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can make that...
AcrophobicPixie
Resident Piximacated Person

Kneesocks of DOOOM! DOOOM, I say!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2009 12:20:30 PM »

Mkay, so it's rediculously cold lately, so traipsing around in a short skirt and wings is TOTALLY a no go.

So I'm going to go as the Black Swan from "The Record of a Fallen Vampire".

My best friend made me a modified kimono (there's extra panels at the bottom so I can move around and not do the Morticia Addams shuffle walk). All I need to do is make the fake tattoo's for my arms. I'm thinking of taking a couple of old knee/thigh high panty hose that have had their mates die, and draw the pattern on them in sharpie or the like.  I would also have to find a picture of the mask that she wears.

The little bro was stubborn. Mom was going to dress him up as Balloon boy, but the kiddo would have nothing to do with it. So he's got a store bought *gasp* Batman costume.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't piss off Pixie's... they tend to be mean when they swarm!
Feywalker
« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2009 06:00:43 AM »

I made quite a bit of progress this weekend. As a reminder, we're going as the TMNT's and the Dog's to be Master Splinter.

Squishy's costume:
Shell - done
jumpsuit - done
crochet mittens - done (in the proper 3 finger shape)
hood - done
booties - just have to sew on the bottoms and puff up the puff paint
Nunchucks - Hubby's making this week

Hubby's
Green shirt - have
green hat - done
shell - cut out
Spats - will do if I have time
Swords - bought, have to wrap handles in blue

Mine:
Dye shirt w/ hood - done
shell - cut out
Spats -  If I have time
Bo staff - Hubby's making this week

Max the dog's:
Kimono - have supplies

Bands on all and masks - have fabric, need to cut out and put pads onto elbow and knee bands.

Crochet Raphel - Will get to, I swear  (our 4th person is going to be out of town now and Squish's all upset there's no Raph, so I'm gonna have to make her one)

Whew, think I have enough to do this week?  At least I have friday off cause we have a Birthday party on Saturday and she has to have her costume for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can make that...
Kalanit
« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2009 09:07:37 AM »

So no luck on the librarian front, perhaps it was just not meant to be...but I did find a killer outfit to for what was my back up plan! drumroll please...a femme fatale. Think old school film noir, Barbara Stynwick, Lauren Bacall, Rita Hayworth style. I found a knee length pencil skirt with a slit up the back, a killer satin blouse with embroidery on the front, a small fur stole and the coolest hat from the late 1930s! I already have the perfect shoes, nylons (with the seam up the back) and my hair is long enough to do Bacall's killer waves. All I need it get a cheap little kids squirt gun and paint it black to keep in my purse, so when people ask what I am, I can pull it out and complete the visual image. I am going to 3 parties this year, one thursday, friday and saturday, so the look is easy enough to recreate over and over. So exciting! I will post a pic of Annie B (my dressform) in the getup soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2009 09:20:57 AM »

APixie: The Black Swan sounds really interesting - What's "The Record of a Fallen Vampire"? (Book? movie? manga?.... ). Can you link to a pic? I'm curious!

Kalanit - femme fatale sounds like the best idea yet! Looking forward to seeing a pic of it on Annie B. Wink

As for me.... my deadline is... TOMORROW! (Ack!). That's when I leave for New Orleans.

Costumes:
#1: Arkham Asylum Harley Quinn. Left to do:
- the 'corset' (did I leave one of the 2 hardest things for the very last minute? Yes, I did. I'm working on it now though!)
- wig fix-up. I've got the braids out of the German girl wig, now I just need to adjust the height/length/bangs. Hm.
- nametag (she wears a prison Warden nametag of someone she presumably killed)

#2: Baron Samedi - complete! Woo. Now I just need to figure out how to transport my skull topped cane on the plane. Ergh. Didn't think of that one.

Full pictures aren't going to come until post-Halloween, because I'm not getting fully outfitted until then.....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2009 11:58:34 AM »

I've finished most of my costume....although I've ended up buying most of the elements since it has to be ready tonight for the flight in the morning.  I like the vest I found a little too much I think.
Wig-altered and ready except for ribbon which has to be done after travel
Skirt-Pick one of 3 options
Vest/Top-Bought from Target and worn different
Petticoat-found one for $5
Sleeves-need to slice up some hose.
Boots-found in Mom's closet
Backpack-finished a project from a decade ago. Grin

Doing well...now off to do laundry and pack
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2009 05:17:25 PM »

I figured out who I'm going to be:
I'm going to crossdress as Mario Batali. http://archives.starbulletin.com/98/01/28/features/art.gif
I just need to buy crocs and hunt down a chef shirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
kynd_haze
« Reply #157 on: October 26, 2009 08:45:43 PM »

Last minute my  best friend decided that  we should go as Tinker Bell and Captain Hook. I get to be Captain Hook because I am the wickeder of the two. Wink
I got to fix her costume today, it was far too big on her, it was a hand me down from her little sister, I know she is terribly lucky.
I one the other hand have had some trouble finding awesome elements, until this evening, the boy and I went shopping found the gold ribbon i have been missing and a foam sword to round things out.
I have everything else.
I am also making a tutu/circle skirt. I don't know what they are called. lol.
But as of today I am excited and I will definitely share photos! I know this is gonna be a good set to see now. haha.
and believe it or not, hook hands are terribly hard to come by. Smiley I found something, the boy was gonna make one, but i don't believe we have enough time now.
I am excited to see everyone else's costumes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nothings for certain, it could always go wrong,
We could have us a high time, living the good life, well I know.
cassie_g
« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2009 02:02:19 PM »

I'm going as a 1918-ish suffragette. It's based off of the lovely teens outfit Koshka made (here). I'm making a pleated burgundy skirt and I am going to be making a Middy shirt in off white with burgundy cuffs and collar. I need to finish sewing the waistband to the skirt, hem it, sew on snaps and eyes and hooks. And cut and sew the middy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

N30Nb100d
« Reply #159 on: October 29, 2009 07:58:31 PM »

So I guess this is just not my year... I have had so many projects going on lately that I couldn't work on my costume. Plus I only managed to finish one of the two Halloween themed outfits I had to sew for this week.
I did have a finished blouse and skirt though for my main costume so I ended up wearing that today with some ghost makeup. It's not what I was hoping for, but it works. The blouse has a messy bow tied at the collar, and the skirt is shredded.

(Now that I see the picture, I realize my blouse rubbed the makeup off my neck. oops.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Concept of Exposure Latitude
Office Production Assistant - Job Guide
Set Production Assistant Job Guide
How to Get a Production Assistant Job
What the Art Department on a Film Set Does
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...