A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 311,407
Currently Running With Scissors:
641 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Elements Swap Round 2 Gallery of Elemental Glory  (Read 7942 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009 07:05:05 PM »

That scarf is beautiful! And the bells are such a good idea. I wish I had thought to use bells in my package. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009 07:29:11 PM »

I was beyond spoiled in this swap. Everything Innaura sent me is so well thought out and beautiful. Prepare for entirely too many photos.

I need to take action shots but not today. I look like death warmed over between allergies and lady time...  Roll Eyes

When I opened the box there was a note that said 'open this first'. I picked it up and there was a pile of small cranes beneath it. The letter told me that each crane held the description of one item in the box and I had to find the item and match it to the crane. A package scavenger hunt!

A gorgeous water (my strongest element) necklace! It's all stones and this photo does not do it justice:

(there will be an action shot of this one)

Beautiful and extremely thoughtful extras:

A small aluminum rectangle pendant with the elemental names stamped into it, the planetary symbol for pluto (my favourite planet and a secret point of bonding between Innaura and I.. Wink ) and a necklace beaded with itty bitty beads in a very specific manner - it's my astrological birth chart! There are coloured beads to represent the planets/moon/sun, gold beads to mark the houses and silver beads to mark the signs. She took it a step further and made it have one bead to represent each degree of the zodiac... 360!

Amazing Elemental charm bracelet:

I want to raid Innaura's stash as badly as I want to raid Ronda's. Wink

Mismatched (my socks rarely match too) wire-wrapped elemental earrings:

A really intricate elemental catcher:

I'll take an action shot of this once I hang it over my bed!

Elemental candle Plates for my altar. These are her first ever attempt at doing mosiac work and they turned out awesome!

And finally, just in time for the autumn chill to roll in, a colourful snuggly scarf!

This is just a detail shot. I have to get an action shot of this too.

Thank you so much Innaura for being such an amazing partner!  Kiss
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009 12:44:08 PM by DanniQuee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009 06:40:52 AM »

wow
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
RubyTuesday
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009 11:59:38 AM »

What a beautiful water necklace Smiley and i adore the astrological birth chart necklace - such a lovely idea, i'm just going to set up the wist thingy on my pc so that i can wist it Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spazgirl1981
Betsy Snow White

I took up croquet today and I'm on fire!

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009 03:08:08 PM »

Wow everyone, such beautiful elemental items. I wish my dying computer supported wist, because I would be wisting.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009 03:10:02 PM by spazgirl1981 - Reason: I can't spell... » THIS ROCKS   Logged

phnxreign99
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2009 04:14:02 PM »

I second Ronda ... Wow ... everything is awesome!  So many great ideas!

Phizzy - who wouldn't want to receive some of your paper crafts?!  Love the element book.  Evilsarah, your claywork is amazing.  cat9 - what a great idea for air, I'm inspired to hand some bells and love the curvy scarf.  Innaura - your jewelry is wonderful - love the idea of mix matched earrings. 

So many beautiful pieces of art -  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
phnxreign99
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2009 05:06:47 PM »

So ... I just received an awesome package from the beautiful and talented groperesponsibly!  She actually said that she ran out of time for some other things she wanted to make ... silly girl ... Look at how she spoiled me!

First, a candle and clay base for each element ... and some awesome clay beads ...

Next, a book I have wanted, but of course, will never buy for myself (I sent her my very first amigurumi and I can't wait to make more!) and some beautiful stitch markers for each element (of course, the pictures don't do them justice, they are so cool.)

Next - Each element had a set of goodies which included a necklace, beads, a resin heart pendant, a bracelet, plus some extras ....

Earth - check out the Tree of Life pendant, fantastic!

Air - I adore the little feather in the heart!

Water - the picture does not do justice to the necklace, it really is wonderful ...

Fire - check out the little tiny goddess and the glitter/clay filled bottle!  And the necklace is a beautifully wrapped gemstone ...

And, I'm guessing since my favorite element is Earth, I was gifted with additional Earth goodies (totally spoiled!) ... 

Now you can take a deep breath, my little newbie swapper - you did a fantastic job!

Joy Rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
Innaura

Here I am, doing science.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009 09:16:47 PM »

Get ready for another picture-heavy post-- but this one comes with a bunch of text too!

I received my lovely package from DanniQuee today, and did she ever spoil me!  After how she gushed about the package I sent her, I felt spoiled already.  But of course I got a box, too!

First, I have to explain that I have a personal system of eleven elements.  I mentioned this in the questionnaire, but said that I didn't expect anyone to make me things for all those elements, because that would be way beyond the swap.  But DanniQuee liked the system, and after many messages and emails, made me this utterly perfect package!

(I should mention that it was shipped in a repurposed Hamburger Helper box!)

My system of elements goes Stasis, Metal, Earth, Wood, Fire, Lightning, Air, Fog, Water, Shadow, and Void.  (Stasis is bad.  It never changes.  Void is good.  It's the sum of all possible possibilities, and the place of enlightenment.  Shadow is the gateway, the door to enlightenment, where we must face our shadow selves, our doppelgangers, before we can proceed.)  This version is the progression, my personal hero's journey.

You can also make the middle seven into a nine-pointed star, and then place Stasis below and Void above the plane of the star... each element is related to its immediate neighbors.

So, armed with the entire creation story of this system (which is gift enough for DanniQuee to have read it all, trust me!), she made these beautiful things:

First, a necklace and bracelet with the colors I associate with each element, in the proper order!:

Next, the coolest pendant, inspired by something I have on my wist (at least, I think so!):

I told her that Void and Shadow were my favorites.  This one showcases Void, and is surrounded by the other elements.  It also has a steampunk flair which I really love!

Then, this:

...which contains all of these beautiful keys!  One for each element.  (I see the elements as dimensions, in a way.  Stages and metaphysical places.)

They're wood keys, wire wrapped with colors for each element!  I love skeleton keys.  I'm thinking of hanging them on my wall in a group...

And wow, I mentioned that I loved DanniQuee's books, and I got this gorgeous one:

Again with the key!

And just look inside!  I sent a list of correspondences, and I can't believe how many of them she incorporated into the book!
Stasis (broken out of with a labrys, a symbol I really love!) Metal, and Earth:

Wood and Fire:

Lightning and Air:

Fog and Water:

Shadow and Void!:

Pictures do not do this book justice.  I can't stop staring at it!  Every time I look, I see something new.

And as an extra, DanniQuee dug around on my wists and found out that I count the Red-Tailed Hawk as one of my totems.  (I tend to see them whenever I'm doing something right for me.)  She made this amazing shrine:

It's incredibly detailed, with dried leaves and grasses, something lovely painted like a red-tailed hawk egg, a flying hawk against a blue sky with puffy clouds, and a hawk perched protectively on the smallest branches of a tree.  (I couldn't get any better angles without obscuring my light source!)

I'm flabbergasted.  Thank you, DanniQuee, for such a phenomenal package!  I'm just glad you feel spoiled too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist, always a work in progress: http://www.wists.com/Innaura
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2009 11:11:22 PM »

wow

again
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2009 05:02:54 AM »

WOW is definitely right...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Classic Picnic Foods That Are Easy for Transport
How To Make Sweet And Savory Bacon Biscuits
How to Make Smokehouse Brown Sugar Baby Back Ribs
Chicken and Chorizo Hash Recipe with Orange Juice Gravy
How To Make Chocolate-Infused Barbecue Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...