A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,793
Currently Running With Scissors:
765 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: shelves for my drugs **UPDATED**  (Read 13198 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wtpdesigns
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009 02:01:18 AM »

wow... i didn't know... well ok i knew, but it never occurred to me i had a massive collection, or addiction, i would never ever spend more than 3 bucks, evAr lol but i've gotten some great stuff for those prices, i currently have about 250 bottles... and that chanel gold, omg you can get the same exact color for way less, i have like 2 bottles of it now and have seen more, sally hanson chrome line is one lol, i actually have way more than 250, but i also use some for painting, since the nail color goes away i paint other stuff too, and once you paint something large you can't really use it for nails, so i didn't count those bottles, quick nail lover art, take a piece of paper or board and swipe a few random swatches around, keep doin that it looks nifty and you can always see what the colors are later for ref.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I've got drinks piling up on my desk and a stack of pills I haven't even opened yet!"
"We're not gonna hide who we are, ok? I mean, we date, we're straight, get used to it."
http://www.myspace.com/wtpdesigns
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009 09:31:48 AM »

I have an ezthetics shop in my basement (its not a by-law here to not have businesses in the basement.  Don't worry I follow all the rules of proper sanitation.Smiley )  and right now have all my polishes in aa basket.  I may have to do this on one of the walls close to the pedicure bed...  just to choose which Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tularosa
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009 10:26:13 AM »

That looks really cool!

I LOVE turquoise nail polish, so I understand when you say that you cried over it! Just yesterday I was using turquoise acrylic paint to paint something and thought: hmmmm.... So I painted my nails with it. Of course it looked dull and yucky, but with some clear top coat... Smiley

Maybe some gold metallic acrylic paint with a clear top coat could save me $20? Hmmm...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." - Pablo Picasso
RCKFELLA
Tutorial Contributor

there's no substitute for time

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009 12:56:04 PM »

...quick nail lover art, take a piece of paper or board and swipe a few random swatches around, keep doin that it looks nifty and you can always see what the colors are later for ref.

that's actually really clever! i bet it would make a cute wall piece. that might also solve my problem of trying out colors at the store. i know i know! but i hate buying a color and then putting it on my nail and have it be not what i was expecting at all. also my nails are usually done so i cant just put another color over it.

That looks really cool!

I LOVE turquoise nail polish, so I understand when you say that you cried over it! Just yesterday I was using turquoise acrylic paint to paint something and thought: hmmmm.... So I painted my nails with it. Of course it looked dull and yucky, but with some clear top coat... Smiley

Maybe some gold metallic acrylic paint with a clear top coat could save me $20? Hmmm...

so is acrylic paint fair game for nails? i love doing nail art but those deco brushes only do so much, i always think i could do better with normal brushes and paint but didn't know how well it would hold up. i might have to give it a try.

and the chanel gold, i have to say i'm a whore for chanel and half the reason i buy it is for the brand. i just love it too much it makes me feel like a princess! Cheesy but i'm sure there's somthing similar out there...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gspinn

Crafting a girl's best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009 01:26:17 PM »

When I do nail art on my sister's nails I use a regular paint brush with my polishes because I don't like the brushes in the paint that is supposed to be for nail art. My favorite turquoise nail polish is Turned up Turquoise by China Glaze, it is perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starsandmelodies

Trying to find truth in words, in rhymes, in notes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009 01:52:45 PM »

I am so jealous. Normally I could just shrug this off as "those shades probably aren't that great in real life," but I have that same bottle of purple Wet 'n Wild polish (Wild Orchid, specifically) on the second shelf so I know you must have fantastic taste in colors. Actually, I'm wearing it right now. :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://wists.com/starsandmelodies
omgiitsoliviax3
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009 03:53:56 PM »

i have all the same NYC colors as you! i tought that was so funny!
great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iamdolleyes
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009 04:13:04 PM »

uhm, that is quite a collection there........a tiny part of me was very very pleased to see that I am not the only one who needs to organize in specific ways (by color grade, alphabetical, numerical....whatev er is most appropriate and 'organized')

tell me...have you seen a nice bronze polish recently?? i have been looking, but there are plenty of silvers, golds, and coppers....but no good bronze! i have been making do with a black base coat covered by shiny copper penny, but i would love a nice bronze

i just figured someone who is obsessed interested in polish may have seen such a color  Roll Eyes teehee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not even supposed to be here today"
gdeeaz
Look at me, Look at me, Driving and I won't stop, And it feels so good to be Alive and on top, My reach is global, My tower secure, My cause is noble, My power is pure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2009 06:02:33 PM »

nice, i also have an addiction to nail polish. i have about 60 bottles and most are China Glaze, Misa, Essie and OPI. I need to find a better way to store them cuz right now they are in a box.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gdeeaz
Look at me, Look at me, Driving and I won't stop, And it feels so good to be Alive and on top, My reach is global, My tower secure, My cause is noble, My power is pure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009 06:09:48 PM »

uhm, that is quite a collection there........a tiny part of me was very very pleased to see that I am not the only one who needs to organize in specific ways (by color grade, alphabetical, numerical....whatev er is most appropriate and 'organized')

tell me...have you seen a nice bronze polish recently?? i have been looking, but there are plenty of silvers, golds, and coppers....but no good bronze! i have been making do with a black base coat covered by shiny copper penny, but i would love a nice bronze

i just figured someone who is obsessed interested in polish may have seen such a color  Roll Eyes teehee

OPI has two colors called "Brisbane Bronze" and "Sonata in Bronze" I am not sure how they look IRL but I have seen a few swatches and they look pretty good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rotisserie Chicken Mac and Cheese Recipe
Fire Up The BBQ!
The Best Burger
BBQ Tips: Burger Meat, Condiments
Low-Fat Mac & Cheese Muffins Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...