A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,684
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: shelves for my drugs **UPDATED**  (Read 13232 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RCKFELLA
Tutorial Contributor

there's no substitute for time

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2009 06:05:21 PM »

so i have a ridiculous addiction to nail polish. like it's abnormal. i have cried not once but TWICE at how gorgeous a bottle of nail polish was. first it was with this turquoise color i got at urban outfitters. I got it for $5 but it's an exact copy of a Butter London nailpolish that I just couldn't get myself to pay $21 [with shipping] for.
The second time was two days ago when I got my limited edition chanel gold fiction bottle. I traded my ipod for a $40 bottle of polish. I'M CRAZY!

anyway i only started my "collection" in april but i've been lurking polish blogs for years now. i owned a couple but over the last three months i've bought over 20 bottles and this is just the beginning! so i decided I needed better storage because keeping them piled on top of my dresser just wasnt working out. i got little plank type things of wood, sanded them, and spray painted them a shiny black. Then i had my dad drill them to the wall which was a hassle and a half since our heater is on the other side of the wall. it all worked out except we ran out of those little L shaped brackets and were only able to put four which is okay for now but I'm probably going to need more in the future.

the whole lot

these are my reds, pinks, and beginning of orange

orange through beginning of purple

purple through my 'neutrals'

clear coats

-karen

-----------------------------------------------
March 30 2011

hey guys just wanted to show you the other shelf I added since I totally ran out of room! I still need more but I don't know how to mount them myself and my dad is always busy  Lips sealed

i changed the ordering from color to brand instead because it's much easier and I remember them by brand better. sometimes pinks look purple but next to a purple they look pink and so on.

i asked my dad to put more shelves up but instead he thought this giant one would be a good idea. i hate it! i don't like that I can't see all the colors at once. I'm planning to put more skinny ones up and use this for make up or other crap like that

these are my poor abandoned ones that just don't fit

thanks for all the positive feedback  Wink

-karen
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011 01:32:16 AM by RCKFELLA » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RoxRock
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009 06:12:42 PM »

OMGOMGOMG nail polish is my "drug" of choice also.  These shelves are fabulous, and seeing them really makes me want to display my polishes.  They're in a bag all zipped up right now... but since they're so pretty they should really be out to be seen by everyone!  Wonderful job Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Someday we'll find it,
The rainbow connection,
The lover, the dreamer, and me...
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009 06:30:19 PM »

Honestly, this is enough to make me want to learn to paint my nails.  That is so cool.  I can't put my finger exactly on why, I just know when I look at it, it makes my eyes happy.

No way I could EVER afford a manicure, but I wonder how to go about getting good at it for myself.   Hmmmmm, might help me quit biting my nails, which I've done for more than 30 years since I was like a toddler.

Seriously, that just looks so freakin cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
x0xmanda
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009 06:58:02 PM »

that does indeed look awesome.

i'm also curious as to how the chanel gold looks?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moo!
RCKFELLA
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009 07:36:28 PM »

hahah you guys are so hilarious! but i'm glad to see that i'm not alone Cheesy

as for manicures I do them myself but sometimes I wonder if it would just be cheaper to go out and get them done since some products can get pricey. and aikibookworm you need to stop biting those right now! i cringe when i see my mom or my brother biting their nails/cuticles.

i got my chanel bottle two days ago and i just quickly brushed it over two nails to see what it looks like. i've been meaning to give myself a proper manicure to make my nails worthy of it Tongue but here are some of the blogs that i check religiously and the girls have awesome swatches of it:
http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2008/06/chanel-fall-2008-gold-fiction-company.html
http://www.stephscloset.com/blog/beauty/2008/07/268/chanel-gold-fiction-and-kaleidoscope-swatches/
http://www.scrangie.com/2008/07/chanel-fall-2008-gold-fiction-and.html
http://polishaddict.com/2009/01/13/retraction-chanel-gold-fiction/

thanks for the feedback  Kiss

-k
THIS ROCKS   Logged

limepuff
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009 08:00:23 PM »

I may just have to steal the yellow from you, all of my yellow nailpolish just doesn't work, what brand is yours?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gspinn

Crafting a girl's best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009 08:22:42 PM »

I am a nail polish addict too, I buy online mostly from Head2toe beauty because they have China Glaze nail polish for only $2.99 a bottle which is a deal, but I end up buying like 8 or 10 bottles at a time to save on the $8 shipping charge. Your display is awesome I just have my nail polishes in a plastic container right now. Recently I started shopping at Sephora and love their Sephora by OPI nail polish but it is $9 a bottle. What brand are your yellow and green that are in the same bottle, I can't really read it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dorkabrain
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009 09:34:01 PM »

My name is Nicole and I'm a fellow nail polish-aholic. Funnily enough OPI is my favourite brand, but it's just a coincidence they have a line of products called Nicole haha. I think I have about 25 bottles at the moment.
Right now I'm wearing Siberian Nights by OPI, what (if anything) is everyone else wearing?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

RCKFELLA
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009 10:01:55 PM »

The yellow and green are a brand called SANTEE, I got it at this random privately owned beauty supply by my house. I hate the formula and the smell of it but I adore the colors. The green is baby minty green in some lighting and almost neon in other...

My name is Nicole and I'm a fellow nail polish-aholic. Funnily enough OPI is my favourite brand, but it's just a coincidence they have a line of products called Nicole haha. I think I have about 25 bottles at the moment.
Right now I'm wearing Siberian Nights by OPI, what (if anything) is everyone else wearing?

omg i drool over OPI, china glaze, Rescue Beauty Lounge, Butter London and others but I'm just too poor that's why so far i only have cheapy colors and have splurged on only a few. if a bottle is more than $5 that's too much for me Tongue
and right now i'm wearing revlon peach nectar, it's the third one from the left in the second row. ah im thinking we're gonna get yelled at for not staying on the crafty side of this  Lips sealed

THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeccatotheMax
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009 10:27:29 PM »

This is a very nice way of organizing all of your polishes.  I end up keeping all of mine in a storage bag.  I feel like I should give you mine, however, since I haven't painted my nails in about 2 years haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in Nancy Drew, Harry Potter, or any kind of personal swap! Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Perm Hair
How to Choose a Perm
How to Get Rid of a Green Tone in Blonde Hair
How to Choose a Hairdresser
How to Make Your Blow Dry Hair Style Last
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...