A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ATL Craft Group  (Read 5527 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fiorinda
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009 05:36:26 PM »

Thursdays are definintely a no for me.  Weekends would probably be better--afternoons would be awesome.  ALso, I'm getting ready to start a girl scout daisy troop, and right now it looks like we will be meeting on mondays.  I can't host right now, my house is too messy Tongue, but perhaps in the future if there aren't too many of us. But I have 4 kids, so I'd need to get rid of them and the husband for the night Grin. My husband has a weird schedule of random things to do through oct, so I'll have to see what  is best for everyone else and then check with him.  I can't do anything next weekend cause he will be out of town.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nat_attack
"We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love." - T. Robbins

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009 07:25:43 PM »

I live in Douglasville, but I go to GSU in downtown ATL. I have a pretty hectic schedule but let me know whats up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't mean to seem like I care about material things, like a social status, I just want four walls and adobe slabs for my girls"
Animal Collective, "My Girls"
panda
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009 03:10:30 PM »

OK everyone,

I know schedules are hectic and I am open to just about anytime.  If everyone will PM me their addy.  We maybe able to find something suitable.....a library where we can work on project and visit or help with a diffcult project.  I will check into some to libraries in the area.  Maybe someones church will allow us to use a room for small donation. I will check the Mableton House too. These are just ideas.

I do not mind hosting, if you do not mind guinea pigs, husband and kids...LOL. 

Let's hope the rain let us....LOL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panda
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009 04:22:57 AM »

Ladies I hope everyone made it threw all this rain and flooding. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fiorinda
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009 05:32:17 AM »

We did okay.  Parts of my neighborhood flooded, but we are on the higher ground.  I just got a little water in my basement, but it was on concrete, so no damage.  My problem is that thousands of ants have invaded my dining room and kitchen.  and my car.  I spent all day yesterday vacuuming them up, and I am on my way to do some more.  Plus I'm in Cobb COunty, so schools are still closed.  My kids think it's great, but I am ready for them to go back to school. 

I hope all you guys are okay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panda
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009 05:52:16 AM »

I live near Sweetwater and they closed Thorton Road, Austell Road, Clay Road, and Flint Hill on Monday night.  I am luck I live near Austell and EastWest Connector...Lowes was out of shop vacs, sump pumps....go thing I only needed blocks....to keep things drier.

I to live on a hill so that helped some, we had water in crawl space and my downstairs.  But have learned when it rains like this to be prepared, everything of importance off floor or upstairs.  We have classes only cause I home school grandson.  Try put some cinnamon down...they do not like to cross it, on/around windows and doors. May work for cars too....smell not that bad either.

I hope everyone else is dry and safe.....now to get ready for the next rain fall supose to be coming our way from Texas and East coast. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nat_attack
"We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love." - T. Robbins

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009 07:17:00 AM »

Yeah my dad lives on Thornton Rd in Lithia Springs... Thornton road is an 8-ft deep river right now! I've missed school and work for the past 3 days because I-20 is impassable! Thankfully we didnt lose power or water, and no water got in our house... we're very lucky! Almost all my friends had flooded basements and lost power/water.  I hope everyone is safe!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't mean to seem like I care about material things, like a social status, I just want four walls and adobe slabs for my girls"
Animal Collective, "My Girls"
romancedinthepast

Little bit of a huge nerd and loving every minute.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009 09:24:46 AM »

I live in Kennesaw, I'd love to come along to a crafty meet up and bring a friend of mine! This sounds like a lot of fun!

Stephanie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always open to Personal Swaps!

Current Swaps:
Fill a Mug - Crafting!
Gothic & Lolita - Crafting!
Labyrinth - Waiting on Partners Cheesy
Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009 05:05:06 AM »

What a coincidence! I worked on Thorton Road for a couple of years when I first graduated college Smiley It was pretty sad the last time it flooded there, seems like an entire car dealership was under water Embarrassed

I'm glad to see new interest! As I said before, my place is always open. We have a good bit of space and no kids Cheesy I live right on I-20 close to where 75/85 crosses it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kevsbabe29
Kevsbabe

fav quote whats your point

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009 10:17:44 AM »

I can't wait for this to happen we will all have so much fun.....I have a big sun room but it's cold now if Panda,Koalascout and I can figure how to heat it up maybe one weekend we can get together before the holidays...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Guide to African American Hairstyles
Short Hair Styles for Women
How to Find the Perfect Hair Color for You
How to Cover Gray Hair
How to Look Less Tired
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...