A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
471 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ice Cream Painted Pants ~  (Read 1751 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

randomheartsx
« on: July 25, 2009 09:00:36 AM »

I painted an ice cream on my pants!

Close up of top:

Ice cream deliciousness:

I used some random acirlic (sp?) paints that I found around my house. I'm going to have to handwash it all now, because it'll wash out if I throw it in the washer and dryer. Does anyone know how to prevent this? Like a spray or somehting I can use to make it permenent? Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pretty Pistol
Pretty Pistol

Doe Raemie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009 09:23:02 AM »

if they are craft paint acrylics, they shouldnt come off in the wash. i have plenty of clothing with accidental and on purpose craft acrylic on them.

you could also turn them inside out and wash them on the gentle or lingerie setting. add fabric medium next time.. it helps the paint stay and not be stiff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Such a Pretty Pistol
strawberrypeople
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009 09:51:39 AM »

You need to iron the painted part before washing the pants to set the acrylic paint. I suggest, since it is a pant leg.... Lay pants so image is flat and put an old towel or t-shirt over the painted part and iron onto the old towel or t-shirt. You also should put something in the pant leg to keep it from adhering to the back of the pants. This could be a small piece of fabric or even some cardboard paper. Point is you want it flat and you should not iron directly onto the paint. You don't want to set any crinkles!  Smiley

Def. hand wash and put them in the dryer. This will continue to set the painting.

I have done this many times and it always works for me. I found out that I should iron from a popular acrylic paint website (Liquitex).

There was a little fading for me, but not much. Sorry if my instructions are confusing...  Undecided

They are very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.strawberrypeople.etsy.com
strawberrypeople.blogspot.com
threehang
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009 05:23:25 PM »

oh that's awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

randomheartsx
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010 08:54:18 PM »

if they are craft paint acrylics, they shouldnt come off in the wash. i have plenty of clothing with accidental and on purpose craft acrylic on them.

you could also turn them inside out and wash them on the gentle or lingerie setting. add fabric medium next time.. it helps the paint stay and not be stiff

They are make for general facepaint, which means they wash off extremely easily. But your ideas are good. I'll try to find some fabric meduim. Thanks much. Cheesy

You need to iron the painted part before washing the pants to set the acrylic paint. I suggest, since it is a pant leg.... Lay pants so image is flat and put an old towel or t-shirt over the painted part and iron onto the old towel or t-shirt. You also should put something in the pant leg to keep it from adhering to the back of the pants. This could be a small piece of fabric or even some cardboard paper. Point is you want it flat and you should not iron directly onto the paint. You don't want to set any crinkles!  Smiley

Def. hand wash and put them in the dryer. This will continue to set the painting.

I have done this many times and it always works for me. I found out that I should iron from a popular acrylic paint website (Liquitex).

There was a little fading for me, but not much. Sorry if my instructions are confusing...  Undecided

They are very cute!

Thank you so much. Your instructions actually helped a lot. I'll see what I can do.

oh that's awesome!

Thanks so much! I'm glad you like them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aeltt
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010 03:38:05 AM »

Mmm when i paint on fabric, i use a spray to protect shoes against water on it ^^
And/or i add glue to my acrylic so it stays longer.

(nice ice creams btw  Tongue)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CAMPERTRONNN
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010 03:35:54 PM »

YUMMY!! I think you have inspired me to create a ice cream scarf!!! THANKS!!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
christysaysrawr
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010 04:56:04 PM »

cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIYitis.
thecharlimonster
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010 05:40:02 PM »

That's awesome, they look great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Grilled Cheeseburgers
Eggs in a Nest Recipe
Chocolate Peanut Butter Treat Recipe
Simple and Satisfying Sliders Recipe
Quick Easy Recipes for Busy Moms
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...