A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,555
Currently Running With Scissors:
759 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vintage /Thrift store lovers swap gallery  (Read 8973 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crazyred

Livin' high in Alaska......and lovin' it!!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2009 03:21:28 PM »

THANKS SO MUCH CRAZYRED! I love EVERYTHING!

You are very welcome Smiley  I'm so happy that you liked it!!

Great package!  That beatles bag is awesome! 
Wowweeee  Shocked what a great parcel! good job on the Beatles bag how is the picture put on to the bag?

Thanks you guys!  This purse was my first attempt, though I've made a half dozen since Wink.  The pictures were printed off onto regular paper and applied with my absolute favorite craft supply and secret ingredient to everything crafty -- Mod Podge.  After it had dried completely, I gave it a few more coatings to seal it completely before finishing with the varnish - I was happy with how it turned out Grin

I received my awesome package from EmBem today and hope to have pictures posted this evening after work.  A HUGE thank you to EmBem, it was a fantastic lunch surprise!!! Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blessed be.
OhThat
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2009 03:04:57 PM »

I rec'd today from Midnight, a lovely package of things just for me:

She knew poppies are my favorite flower so she sent a Marimekko inspired poppy painting and poppy pin Smiley  She also sent a bowl made of an old vinyl record, very cool, two felt birds and she knew I collected vintage children's books so she sent me one called The Folk of the Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton. It's perfect.  And of course, lots of sweets that I can't wait to try.

Also some AWESOME vintage IKEA fabric that I LOVE.  I have a lampshade with this pattern on it and it's my favorite.  She also made me a nice bag out of the same fabric too.

And the last bit is an awesome shirt from her university (I scrambled the name, I wasn't sure if she wanted it advertised where she attends school) and a beautiful bangle that matches the bag.

Thank you Midnight for a lovely package Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mink_bikini

A very proud Craftster best of 2012 awardee

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2009 03:35:45 PM »

OoooH cute package, and the book is my all time favourite childhood book so I am completely jealous, the picture on the front is exactly the same as I remember it and if you haven't read it before it is so cool.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OhThat
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2009 04:21:35 PM »

I'm not sure if my partner, Midnight, is able to post photos of what I sent to her, so I made a little collage.  Maybe she'll post photos of her own which will be much better.  Her eras were the 30's and 40's.

I sent her a vintage beaded purse owned the wife of a US Congressman, a crocheted snood, pin up girls magnets, vintage set of pearls in a bag I made of some cool art deco fabric I had, a package of Sculpey clay in many colors, some fabric squares in colors and patterns she likes, 2 yards (maybe more) of some cool fabric from the 40's, a pin cushion I made from a vintage powder makeup container from Hollywood, a book called The German Woman about an English woman married to a German man during the end of WWI and through WWII with lots of details about fashion and lifestyle then, a little coin purse made out of I Love Lucy fabric, small packet of scrapbooking paper that reminded me of the 30's and 40's, a vintage postcard, and a bunch of candy (Bazooka bubble gum, Jelly Belly jelly beans, Cinnabon chocolate candy, Sweetarts, etc. (I can't remember all of it). 

And that's it!  It was lots of fun finding things for this swap, I really enjoyed it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mink_bikini

A very proud Craftster best of 2012 awardee

« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2009 09:55:02 PM »

oooh lucky Midnight, love the beaded purse and the compact pin cushion is such a cute idea, great crafting!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2009 08:09:04 AM »

Swoooon, OK I have been trying to quietly stalk your gallery but that ikea fabric is amazing. I miss IKEA. Cry
Sure hope I don't miss this swap next round. Everyone is getting such lovely things. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
Eloise24
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2009 12:15:58 PM »

Here is what I received from my partner. It is all absolutely perfect. The sewing kit is adorable. I put it already to good use, hence why the needle book isn't in the picture (it is somewhere in the sewing room... I could not find it!).

Thank you so much!

first, a sewing kit, with vintage fabric as lining. I like it very much. Knitting needles (aluminium are my favourite, thanks!), vintage buttons, a knitting book (so handy, thanks again!)

a very nice sweater vest, hand knitted. Great job! It fits me perfectly and it is so pretty. The pattern is from the 1960s or the 70s and a copy was included. I carefully stored it in my pattern binder. Thank you!

the left-over yarn.The colour is perfect for a fair isle project I have in mind!  I will make good use of it.

Action-shot! My partner also sent me a very nice dark brown leather skirt, which I am wearing on this picture. It does not show very well due to the poor lighting, but it is a very fine skirt.

thank you so much!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jca1982
« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2009 03:11:45 PM »

Cool package! That vest is beautiful!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

'If I wasn't born a woman, i'd have been a drag queen' Dolly Parton

My etsy!
https://MidwestBeauties.etsy.com
A2K
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2009 03:58:30 PM »

I'm glad you like your package, Eloise!  I enjoyed making that vest!  That pattern is from 1958 and is in the public domain.  I can't find it right this minute, though.  Cheesy  It fits you nicely!  The yarn, btw, is Cascade Farms Bollicine Holiday.  It's a wool and acrylic blend.  Here is the info for you:  http://www.cascadeyarns.com/bollicine-Holiday.asp  Happy knitting! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spectrumsparksie
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2009 02:14:11 AM »

I made an angel package for snazzyjazzy who got flaked on.  Cry  Here is a teaser pic, all the raw materials from my op shopping.  I posted it to her on Monday, Australia>>NZ shouldn't take too long.  Snazzy can post what these items were used to create when she receives. (coz I forgot too.  doh!)

Hope there's something you like snazzy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Drawing a Cartoon Giraffe
Drawing a Cartoon Lion
Drawing a Cartoon Horse
Drawing a Cartoon Cat
Drawing a Cartoon Dog
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...