A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Inchies - one more time! (round 3)  (Read 24395 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2009 06:53:45 AM »

Dang, you guys, you're making me blush. Now I'll have to up my game.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2009 07:20:38 AM »

I am going MIA today! Heading off into the great wilderness for vacay! I'll be back and have wonderful inchies for everyone when I return!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2009 08:27:31 AM »

I just sent my info in!

wait wait! Rackycoo AND amaryllisroze, This round is going to be AWESOME!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ifallthraindrops
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2009 02:50:12 PM »

So I'd never done inchies before but signed up for this swap thinking it would be the push I wanted to get started on making them. I do cards and thought the small scale would be fun. Well, I finally made a couple to see what I could come up with, and DAMN, making these things is SO ADDICTING. I've made like, ten in the last hour and I'm completely hooked. : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amaryllisroze
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2009 07:12:08 PM »

I cut out my bases today and started on the planning phase.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
beccas_song
is the craziest song you've ever heard!

Stew anyone?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2009 08:03:41 PM »

I have my first ever eight inchies done! And I love 4 of them so much that I'm keeping them. Smiley I also got my hubby involved- he's a natural! I think I'm gonna enjoy making inchies with him while we watch TV. Ok, so as we were making them, we came up with a few questions.

1. Does the back of the inchie matter? Like, do you all go to lots of trouble making sure the backside is pretty too? Cause so far, ours have glue, marker, etc. on them. And they're made from a cheerios box, so some have logo on the back. Is that ok?

2. Do you all sign/date your inchies?

3. Ours are so NOT flat. I'm loving that I can get out all my crafting stuff and try a diff technique on each of them. But in doing so, all ours are totally 3D! Like, they stick out 1/8 to 1/4 inch off the surface. Is that ok? Some of my husband's have poly clay on them, and mine have folded paper, metal, wool, charms, buttons, etc. And I'm only getting started. I love collage, but I'm also loving mixed media inchies. So, should I save these for my own collection and only do flat paper ones for this swap? Are most inchies only paper or fabric? My husband would even like to do some woodburned ones on inch pieces of scrap wood. I know I'll have to package these well if they're ok for the swap, but besides that, am I ok to keep making weird ones?

4. Last question- do my 7 sets of 7 need to be themed? Like, should the seven that I send to a person be similar in color or material? Or is it ok to make 49 totally random inchies? I don't mind either way, but would like to know before I keep making them.

It's ok if the ones I've made so far aren't right for the swap. I don't mind keeping them for me. Smiley But I'd also like to know for sure before I make a bunch more!

Oh, one more note- I found that a fabric/quilting catologue makes for perfect inchie background! Tons of colors and patterns, and they're all the right size and already in little squares in the catologue. Smiley Currently I have a Hancock fabric one that I'm using. Love it!

Thanks all for reading this and for your input. And of course, for letting me into the inchie crowd. I'm hooked!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well-behaved women rarely make history. -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
MunLtStmpr
We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2009 08:14:04 PM »

I seriously need to get on some catalog mailing lists!  I did get mom to let go of a couple of her seed catalogs and they have beautiful florals.

I really like dimensional inchies but I can see how that could be a problem for someone who frames their.  I keep line in a clear plastic cube all just tossed in mostly because I LOVE LOVE wandering through them every so often and the handling of each one is so soothing.

I put my name on the back and if it's part of a swap, the name of the swap.  I'll add the names of people on the back if they don't put it on.  I like knowing who made it.

Now, my burning questions... why are inchies so darn addictive?  And, has anyone tried inchies and walked away from them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
mambosushi
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2009 09:23:24 PM »

Oh...killing me.  I just read an article about inchies and now I'm crazy for them.  I'm in the middle of a quilt and promised I wouldn't swap this summer...but...they ARE just inchies. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
malmow
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2009 09:51:49 PM »

I sign and date all of mine and add my username. Besides that, I don't worry about what the back looks like. I've used candy boxes, ritz cracker boxes, macaroni and cheese boxes...I think it's kind of fun to flip it over and see if you can recognize what it was made from.
I'm okay with 3D inchies personally. I framed mine from the last swap but I didn't put the glass back in.
I'm also okay with receiving a set of completely random inchies, since that is probably what I will be making.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TwistMySister
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2009 11:26:31 PM »

ahh! so cool, ive never made an inchie before, but i have made magnets that look like inchies, haha! i would really love to join this swap and make heaps of proper inchies!

...i think i will.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/On-The-Front-Line/175858075802771

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OnTheFrontLine
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Peppermint Twist Baby Hat Part 2/15
How to Crochet a Peppermint Twist Baby Hat Part 15/15
How to Crochet a Peppermint Twist Baby Hat Part 12/15
How to Crochet a Peppermint Twist Baby Hat Part 11/15
How to Crochet a Peppermint Twist Baby Hat Part 10/15
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...