A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,013
Currently Running With Scissors:
574 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New scrapbook pages: Paris, College and more  (Read 1111 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Autumnflower
« on: July 22, 2009 05:49:46 PM »

Hi people!

After about half a year of not getting my scrapbooking stuff out, I finally succumbed and my friend and I had two nights of scrapbooking! I did four pages: three new ones, and one re-design (it appeared previously on Craftster on my other scrapbook post)

Ps: Sorry about all the chatter, I didn't realise I talked so much!

This one I did was based on my college, as I finished a few months back. I used yellow cardstock to go with the yellow building, and matched it with black polka dot, so the picture with ASH on it didn't look too misplaced. Backed the pictures on some black mulberry paper, so all the edges didn't look too harsh, and finished it off with some AMAZING carstock letters that I got a full alphabet with for 1. A right bargain! I then used these little glittery black Making Memories letters that I borrowed off a friend, and will now go and buy about 4 packets because I've fallen in love with them! For embellishment I just used a few flowers and a strip of ribbon.

An actually recent photo (im in the middle) from a night out with the girls! I had to double back the title letter as it kept getting lost in the background! I also used some more embellishments that had been lying around my stash, and I think i've nearly decimated all of those types now, I used so many! I used some more glittery letters and some more polka dot paper! I turned over one of the edges and added some different paper to it, to make it look abit different. I love the background paper on this one!

This is my re-designed page, visit here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=273712.msg3092309#msg3092309 to view original post. I tried to use a panel type layout seeing as I only had two small pictures to use. I used pink and blue to go with the dress and the pink bow on my hand, and so I could use this gorgeous pastel flower paper (used on some panels) I added a big blue flower, and some shoe and dress embellishments that I've had stuck in my stash for like, ever. I did have a minor disaster, when I reliased that I didn't have enough N's for the dancing queen title. So I had to peel the stickers off and make them into a crossword style title so i could steal the N in dancing!

I went on holiday to Paris for a week, and only just got round to scrapping the pictures! I used some b/w Eifel Tower pictures I took whilst there. I used some more pink backgrounding, to contrast with the monotone of the pics. I love the little bow that I found to put above the I in Paris. To make things stand out, I chopped up a section of a colour photo of the tower and put them in the middle. I finished off with some cute buttons, and some 'chic' stickers.

I hope you like them! I'll be quiet now I've babbled about my designs for so long!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009 05:39:21 PM by Autumnflower » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dinkime

Do you like my scrapbook monocle?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009 07:22:58 PM »

fun pages!!  i like how you used a variety of embellishments Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kebab10
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009 01:54:52 PM »

they are sooo pretty i love the paper you've used Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pink rabbits jump around my nightmares
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Filet Crochet
How to Crochet a Bracelet
How to Make a Panda Mask
How to Make a Lion Mask
How to Make a Turkey Mask
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...