A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,612
Currently Running With Scissors:
719 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 7x7ft Raccoon Mario Rug! Featured in NINTENDO POWER!!!  (Read 79589 times)
Tags for this thread: mario , super_mario , rug , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheRobotSays
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2009 11:13:17 PM »

this makes me want to do a whole game scene using pure cotton yarn and make it a bathrug

this is awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pixelatedmushroom
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2009 05:29:44 PM »

AHH! this is so completely awesome!! I'm going to go favourite it on Ravelry Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

keelis
Official Keelisser

Obsessive Crafting Disorder

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2009 04:35:59 PM »

you inspired me to make an 8-bit afghan for my boyfriend! it's link to the past, using granny squares like you did. unfortunately, i decided to make it rectangular. i'm gonna have to make over 500 grey squares as fill in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keelis
amythest_star
« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2010 12:10:49 PM »

How much yarn did this take?  That is absolutely awesome!  I love it.  I now have a few pixelated projects to get started on right away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
enemyairship
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2010 05:08:36 PM »

How much yarn did this take?  That is absolutely awesome!  I love it.  I now have a few pixelated projects to get started on right away.
I think it took about 20 skeins of yarn more or less.  Each skein made 17 or 18 granny squares.

ALSO!  I wanted to keep this to myself, but the anticipation is killing me......the Raccoon Mario rug is going to be featured in NINTENDO POWER!!!

One of their freelance writers contacted me in November to do an interview, so now it's just a matter of time before the article shows up in the Community Section of the magazine!  I'm not sure which month it will end up in, since there were a few articles lined up before mine...but I will scan the article and post it here when it does turn up  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

randomheartsx
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2010 08:21:17 PM »

I think it took about 20 skeins of yarn more or less.  Each skein made 17 or 18 granny squares.

ALSO!  I wanted to keep this to myself, but the anticipation is killing me......the Raccoon Mario rug is going to be featured in NINTENDO POWER!!!

One of their freelance writers contacted me in November to do an interview, so now it's just a matter of time before the article shows up in the Community Section of the magazine!  I'm not sure which month it will end up in, since there were a few articles lined up before mine...but I will scan the article and post it here when it does turn up  Grin

Omgosh, that's crazy! Serious congrats.This thing is awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yojetak
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2010 11:25:15 PM »

You inspired me to make a present for my boyfriend. Instead of a rug, I made a blanket out of fleece squares. Here's the final:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/acertaingirl33/IMG_1289.jpg

It turned out larger than I expected. To give you a idea of the scale, here he is peaking out from under it:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/acertaingirl33/IMG_1303.jpg

Yup, he loved it. Thank you for your inspiration!

edit: lame I can't post pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2010 11:24:45 AM »

That blanket is pure awesome Yojetak!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Linda P
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2010 06:11:36 PM »

Wow!  I love it!  It looks so awesome with you two on it.. I did not realize how big 7x7 was!  I am impressed with your work!  Thanks so much for sharing it with us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MsPremiseConclusion
« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2010 10:46:40 AM »

This rug is epic! You have inspired me to try and make an 8-bit mario blanket. Although, I'll admit, I don't think I have the patience to make it as big as your rug!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
James Joyce Changed My Life
Head Of CPI Explains Why He Gave Bylines To ABC Producers
Laura Bates on How Sexism Is Still an Everyday Problem
Pulitzer Prizes Awarded To The Guardian, The Washington Post
Why No One Won A Pulitzer For Feature Writing This Year
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...