A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,727
Currently Running With Scissors:
575 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Band T-shirts  (Read 34196 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

marisa

making it up as we go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2004 11:15:54 AM »

let me start by saying everyone's shirts look great.

okay, i don't care if this hurts anyone's feelings: making a band t-shirt is shitty.  if you love a band enough to advertise for them on your body, shell out the cash.  i know some bands don't even have shirts available, or they're dead, so i think those are exceptions to the rule, but if a band is getting some of their income through merch, i don't think it's right to make a shirt (or anything) even if it's only for yourself.  if you want to be creative, buy their stuff and modify it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004 11:18:42 AM by marisa » THIS ROCKS   Logged
breeknee
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2004 03:14:23 PM »

if you have a bealls outlet near you, i get my plain shirts there for .99 cents a piece. some of them are soft jcrew ones too. and in pretty colors and styles. bealls for those of you who dont know, is like a thrift store b/c there is usually only like one of everything, but everything is brand new. its the stuff not sold through clearance at the mall.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Local Girl Denise
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2004 02:36:06 PM »

Silk screening is possibly one of the best things in the world. I have made several band shirts, but only for myself and the odd person. I like my newest one the most. I made the image from an image in a radiohead book I got at chapters for 7 dollars.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I use to be with it. Then they changed what it was. Now what im with isnt it and whats it scares me.
chikki sixx
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2004 02:52:47 PM »

radiohead rocks.  that shirt turned out awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ChemicalsMyDear

i will windmill kick you in the face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2004 04:02:39 PM »

Wow that radiohead shirt looks marleous.  Shocked How'd you get it to look shaded with silk screening?

My friend is in an Art class where they can silk screen, so I asked her if she'd make one for me if I gave her the stencil. She's not finished yet, but when she's done I'll make sure I post it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nothing beats going to Denny's at 10 pm with Becoming The Archetype and sharing a milkshake with Seth. Nope, nothing.
ConanxheartsxAce

Youth Against Establishment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2004 08:18:04 PM »

I love those tees! I've made a few... dozen... (okay, I'll admit to having an obsession) of my own, + they're real easy. You can use anything from spray paint to paint pens to Sharpies. + you can make stencils out of any type of paper, easy, or hell, why not free-hand? All you need's an ounce of creativity + a paper bag inside the shirt as to prevent the dreaded bleed through.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Le Conducteur
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2004 10:07:46 AM »

That sucks about all that band business.  I work in college radio and used to be the MD...we'd get a couple of t-shirts a month from some cool bands, and of course some shitty ones too.  The only problem is that they send the generic men's XL.  I think that if some of those bands can get away with having such a large promotional budget to send a t-shirt to nearly every station in N. America (cause I'm in Canada and I still get the shirts)...then they wouldn't mind me making one in my size and wearing it around the station.

Oh, and I'm thinking of making a cute Snoop Dog t-shirt to wear with my chucks...and putting some sparkly bits in where the "bling" would be.  Any tips for someone who doesn't own a bedazzler?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fairyprinzezzin

This isn't me, but he is single!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2004 10:27:51 PM »

A good place to get cheap, plain T-shirts is your local Salvation Army or Thrift Store.  Those are probably near everyone.  I get mine from the kids section for $0.49 - $0.99 each.  Great job on the T-shirts guys and gals!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewcialDistortion
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2004 01:51:06 AM »

I definitely recommend American Apparel too.  The tshirts are great quality, come in nice colours and last more than 5 washes which cheapies never do.  The fact that the tshirts are made sweatshop free and that I could order them over the internet and they were delivered within a week (that's US to Australia) made me even happier.  The sweatshop free practice and the use of band logos in your craft basically comes down to treating other people how you'd like to be treated yourself.  

If you value the cheapness over the quality of somone's working environment or don't mind exploiting someone else's name for your own benefit then don't be surprised when it happens to you and your art.  

If you are a fan and making them for yourself that's way cool and bands don't mind, but if you think you'll make a few bucks without the owners consent that's essentially theft.  

Every action has a consequence...its up to us.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Anek
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2004 05:35:11 PM »

Hi!
This is my first stencil It turned out rather good
and I'm happy I used a shirt with such a nice cut and fabric.
It's my fav. shirt I made it a couple of weeks ago using spray paint.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2004 05:36:51 PM by Anek » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create RSS Icon in Photoshop
How to Replace face a In Photoshop
How to Remove Date/Time Stamp from Your Photos
New Mic Test - Product review
How to Use Vanishing Point Tool in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...