A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
451 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Band T-shirts  (Read 34675 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tatty Divine

Raindrops keep falling on my head..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2004 02:29:16 PM »

hello all..  Smiley this is obviously my first post.. but i've been lurking craftster for quite some time.. only now has i been posessed to post, as my favorite medium has been brought up.. stenciling.. well there's a patch i made with the same process maybe last year or so.. i've been doing quite a bit of stencils since then.. but yeh.. just to match the previously posted bright eyes shirt...

ok well bye for now.. meow  Wink Lips sealed

:-*hmm conor oberst
THIS ROCKS   Logged

red_pen
crochet pirate

1 choking victim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2004 06:48:39 PM »

i made a black flag shirt in feburary, i think it's pretty sweet Smiley but i currently don't have it in my possesion, which really really sucks, but i'll get it tomorrow and post a picture. i guess i thought i'd let you guys know Cheesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- it's all about having a clever signature

Pirate Crochet!
lover

I want to be a ninja when I grow up!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2004 08:44:41 PM »

all the shirts look great, i think i will follow the crowd on this one and make me some........
to all the oberst ones....yum
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want a lover i don't have to love i want a boy whose to drunk he doesn't talk
red_pen
crochet pirate

1 choking victim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2004 05:25:05 PM »

as the title goes this is my black flag shirt i made in feburary. i had to put it on my scanner to get it on my moms computer. but she has a good scanner. what do you people think of it? i personally think it rocks Cheesy but that could just be me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pirate Crochet!
Violet
constantly craftsterbating

and a half

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2004 05:51:04 PM »

awesome shirt, duder.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: http://violetsknits.blogspot.com
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '........................................................')
boycott sew fast, sew easy! visit www.freetostitchfreetobitch.org
red_pen
crochet pirate

1 choking victim

View Profile WWW
:O
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2004 07:10:36 PM »

violet you're crazy. hehehe. i love you. Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Kiss Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pirate Crochet!
sweetjelly
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2004 02:59:11 PM »

Hello,  came across this site while looking for info on using printer iron ons.  I just started working on our band's shirts.  Sometimes we give away shirts but it's fun just to come up with different themes for the band or friends to wear.  We use cafe press, but the selection is limited and I like to come up with different variations especially for gigs.  Here is my first attempt at using iron ons from the computer printer.  Turned out decent overall.  I used HP iron on paper for light colors.  The transfer of HP seems very flexible and thin on top of the fabric, which is nice for the overall appearance.

<p>

<p>
Problem was after I put it in the wash the back image crinkled up quite a bit in a certain spot.  Maybe it was the fabric or maybe it just didn't heat set enough?  Not sure.  Other parts of the image turned out nice.  So I remedied the problem and just 'distressed' the logo.  Looks more faded now.  I'll do more as I'm learning.  Anyone else use computer iron ons? Cool to find a site where everyone is trying different things.  Many great ideas and even for finding blank shirts.  The silkscreens are cool too.

I totally like the idea of people designing their own band shirt.  While the band does appreciate people buying a shirt and it supports them I think it's very cool and flattering if someone takes the time to explore what the band means to them through their own interpretation of the band's style.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilleftie818
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2004 05:01:10 PM »

I have a question.. how do u screen a t-shirt? Im interested in making some unique tee's for myself Something different so that my friends at school will say "whered you get that!??" and ill tell them i made it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yanola
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2004 12:55:09 PM »

Iron-on Transfers ROCK!  Here's a shirt I made for The Strokes concert tomorrow.  Maybe tonight I'll get the inspiration to cut it up... hehe.  Ideas anyone???

THIS ROCKS   Logged
hot-bettie58
Read a F*cking Book!

Vote for Pedro

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2004 10:49:47 AM »

That sucks about all that band business.  I work in college radio and used to be the MD...we'd get a couple of t-shirts a month from some cool bands, and of course some shitty ones too.  The only problem is that they send the generic men's XL.  I think that if some of those bands can get away with having such a large promotional budget to send a t-shirt to nearly every station in N. America (cause I'm in Canada and I still get the shirts)...then they wouldn't mind me making one in my size and wearing it around the station.

Oh, and I'm thinking of making a cute Snoop Dog t-shirt to wear with my chucks...and putting some sparkly bits in where the "bling" would be.  Any tips for someone who doesn't own a bedazzler?

I used to have a bedazzler, but the damn thing never worked, I think the allighnment was off. Anyway, I would take the jem, place it where I wanted it (stick the prongs in the fabric) and push down the prongs with a butter knife.  Good as new!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I've laid lots of times" -Anthony Michael Hall,
                                                -The Breakfast Club
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Teeth Whitening Vs. Professional
7 Foods to Eat for Amazing Skin
Your LifeMinute Guide to Gifts For Her
7 Ways to Keep Your Party Makeup in Place All Night
Top Fashion and Beauty Trends of 2014
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...