A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,198
Currently Running With Scissors:
578 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Band T-shirts  (Read 35464 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BearyPerky

Just call me Rizzo

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2004 01:34:37 AM »

Shaeon> very good points!  I now agree that using the name of a band is not as harmless as I've thought.  I too have friends struggling to rock your socks and I know how hard it can be for them.  

Yet, I still love the idea and creativity of the shirts... Perhaps there is middle ground in lyrics?  Since most people would never recognize them anyways and you would be showing your true love for the music? I dunno.. I might just be yammering here....

Meanwhile, a few weeks ago I did some musical stenciling of my own... I made a tote bag (brown faux suede) and stenciled (in pink) "I could teach you, but I'd have to charge" because I believe it is MY milkshake that brings all the boys to the yard!!  Unfortunately, I have yet to have the courage to carry the bag... I generally get a lot of questions about my stencils and I can be pretty shy when strangers keep talking to me... Perhaps to have "guilt free" stencils we can start a thread of keen ideas for shirts> here's a starter>>  "This shirt contains one marvelous person"  It may sound cheesy, but believe me everyone (even strangers) comment and you can't help feeling special in the shirt (I know from experience).  

Soo much blabber outta me; I shouldn't be allowed to post this late at night.. or morning...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She looks too pure to be pink!
miss_cherryade
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2004 04:47:13 AM »

hurrah for the clash! it came out really well...
i have a Pixies tshirt and it uses the lettering from the cover of Trompe Le Monde in bright pink and white...looks pretty nifty and is probably easy to create if you have that album.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sciurism

Roji Panty Complex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2004 10:42:29 AM »

A good place to find cheap plain t-shirts (I've found that the ones at craft stores are made weird, don't fit me well) is Wal-Mart.  Check the little boys section.  They have a ton of different colored plain t-shirts for $3.50 and if you need a regular adult size, they have those in the men's section for like $4-$5.  They should be near the underwear and socks and all that stuff.  But they are never consistently there, so it's a hit or miss kinda thing.  Another good idea is a sports/shoe store.  Maybe a bit more expensive but in addition to regular t-shirts they have plain baseball jersey type shirts--very cute with a stencil on them.

Yeah, you can tell I've done a lot of searching for shirts  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

braintwins design -- www.braintwins.com
io
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2004 12:31:18 PM »

Well I'm from the UK, and there's a shop called Topshop which sells great t-shirts for 4.50.  

Shocked
4.50 for a plain t-shirt??!

get yourself to primark, woman!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VaguelyVogue
Lauri Loves You!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2004 04:38:35 PM »

A good place to find cheap plain t-shirts (I've found that the ones at craft stores are made weird, don't fit me well)
[/quote

I work at  AC moore, and we sell the hanes shirts for like 2.99 or something, i think thats the sale price, (whihc they almost always are) and they fit good, not like the weird ones i used to buy from micheals before acmoore was arounf here!

LaURi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amelia bedelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2004 04:58:06 PM »

my complements to everyone on their shirts, they all look awesome! i wish that my shirts turned out that good!
lov-ely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Damn it feels good to be a gangster
rabbitrabbit
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2004 06:03:28 PM »

I generally go along with the policy that it's oky to make art relating to a band's logo, etc so long as you're not selling them. Some of the art I've seen inspired by and relating to bands is just too gorgeous.

In any case, those shirts are great too! I've been wanting to try stenciling for awhile, but you use an x-acto knife to cute them out, correct? me and those knives have some bad blood between us (literally)  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-K
flamgirlant
just your average crafty broad

I may be a woman but I ain't no lady

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2004 06:46:08 PM »

If you're patient -- and not hopped up on caffeine so you have a steady hand -- you could always paint the image/words instead of using a stencil.  

I like to find clipart type of things wth bold lines that I can transfer onto a t-shirt.  Simply print off the image, put a piece of quilters/sewers transfer paper between the printed image and the T, and with a pen trace the design.

The chalky outline rubs off and you can paint right over it with fabric paint or a fabric pen.  I'm finishing off some now that I found cool images that I think work with lyrics to my favorite bands.  I'll post pics once they are done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilitha

~*~Hyper Kawaii Puff Ball~*~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2004 10:02:19 PM »

all this talk about bands suing people over shirts with their names is making me paranoid lol... but yea they do have strick copyright things... I think I can talk about this openy.. there is this guy part of the mission hill fan club I'm at and he makes shirts and stuff with the characters and he does have real contact with the creator and he doesn't mind... the only problem is the actual company or ermm production company... which I'll leave the name out... the guy had to stop selling any products with the characters on them... but the creator was nice enough to try to untangle the problem.. sweet guy.. itz Bill Oakley.. anywayz... that's my little story... I have yet to use a stencil on a shirt... but it looks like fun.. I think a pen exacto knife will work better... easier to hold... o^_^o
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~I Fell In Love When I Fell Down The Stairs~*~
Shekillsyou
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2004 07:26:07 AM »

soooo cool. i want the green one  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love DIY
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Cynosure Vectus Hair Removal Laser Treatment
Our Picks for the Best Suncreen
6 Beauty Products That Last from Morning to Night
Drink Lemon Water and Honey for Beautiful Glowing Skin
Word of the Day
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...