The story in a few key points:
1) Bought a house in November 07
2) Painted kitchen walls and cabinets before moving in
3) Lived with blue floors and blue counter tops for over a year
4) April 09 decided to bite the bullet and paint my counter tops
5) Hubby looking for a new job
6) After a month of planning and putting it off I painted 1/2 the counter tops - May 09
7)Hubby found new job - current company closing office
June 09 - Replaced flooring and finished counter tops while packing for a move to another state
9) June 22 finished poly on counter tops and moved out!
We now have friends renting our house and enjoying my beautiful kitchen. Hopefully we can move back to TN when the economy picks back up. I know there is a nice kitchen waiting for me! It's amazing what a little paint and a lot of elbow grease can do.
there are more pictures and a how to on the counter tops on my blog:http://blog.petitdebutant.com/2009/07/kitchen-before-after.html
The awesome "after"
The ugly "before"