A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,059
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Panties Pouch  (Read 2000 times)
Tags for this thread: panties  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

starblossom
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009 07:16:28 PM »

This is a good idea. I would use something like that to transport my undies in my overnight bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do. (Oasis)
http://neatstuffs.wordpress.com
McJulie-O
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009 06:24:35 AM »

I got in a bit of a logistical nightmare trying to work out how to sew the side seam and still have the end of the tube where the ribbon pokes out on the outside. I just about managed it, but if you know a cleverer way of doing it I'd be very happy to know.

If you made the pouch all one piece of material it could be a cinch. I haven't the vaguest idea of how to draw it though...
Verbal picture attempt:
If you want a pouch about 5 inches by 5 inches,
1) start with a flat fabric rectangle of about 10 inches by 10 inches plus enough for a seam allowance

2) fold in half, and stitch both short ends (which should be 5 " long), and for the long (10 inch) side, stitch in from the ends to within  1" of the middle, so the long side will be completely sewn except for a 2" stretch right in the middle of the side..

3) Trim your seams and pull your pouch inside out through the 2 inch hole. Press.

4) Now, take one short end of your pouch and tuck it down inside the other, which should form the 5" pouch you are aiming for, fully lined, with no seam allowances showing. At the top on one side should be your hole that you inverted the bag through. Press.

5) Run a line of stitching around what has become the top of the bag to make a casing. Run a ribbon through the casing you just made, tie off, and you're done!

Did this make sense? Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
clairol5
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009 03:04:27 PM »

If you made the pouch all one piece of material it could be a cinch. I haven't the vaguest idea of how to draw it though...
Verbal picture attempt:
If you want a pouch about 5 inches by 5 inches,
1) start with a flat fabric rectangle of about 10 inches by 10 inches plus enough for a seam allowance

2) fold in half, and stitch both short ends (which should be 5 " long), and for the long (10 inch) side, stitch in from the ends to within  1" of the middle, so the long side will be completely sewn except for a 2" stretch right in the middle of the side..

3) Trim your seams and pull your pouch inside out through the 2 inch hole. Press.

4) Now, take one short end of your pouch and tuck it down inside the other, which should form the 5" pouch you are aiming for, fully lined, with no seam allowances showing. At the top on one side should be your hole that you inverted the bag through. Press.

5) Run a line of stitching around what has become the top of the bag to make a casing. Run a ribbon through the casing you just made, tie off, and you're done!

Did this make sense? Roll Eyes

Wow thank you so much... this is the most genius way of making a drawstring bag I have ever seen!! So neat and easy. I wouldn't be able to make the lining different, but I'm sure I could work something out. Thanks again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tkyro57
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2009 05:09:31 PM »

How adorable! This is fantastic, and it looks so professional.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Day-to-Night Makeover
Meet Skincare Expert Cornelia Zicu
How to Apply Colorful Makeup
Butter London and Goop Give Us Some of the Best Nude Nail Polishes
How to Enhance Your Natural Beauty
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...