A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Do any Cricut Expression cartridges have crosses?  (Read 2212 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

scripturegirl
« on: July 21, 2009 07:32:57 AM »

I need to find cross shapes??? Do any of the cricut cartridges have cross or angel wings or anything inspirational???
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kathylovesmike
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009 01:56:07 AM »

I have Indie Art cart. that has a cross on it...not sure if there are others tho...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jesus died for me, the least I can do is live for Him!!!
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009 10:36:07 PM »

I just saw a program you can buy on the HSN website. It is just under 100.00, and is a computer disk that works with Microsoft XP(not Vista) and gives you the entire line of cricut designs. I too am interested in buying a cutter. It's just out of reach, so I can't answer that question specifically. I used a sign-shop pro-plotter, and it allowed you to import your own files. That makes me wonder if I'd be happy with a cricut, but I can't afford either right now, so I've been having to cut everything myself.. Of course, you could just go to Google images, and cut the image out by hand. K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lylacfey
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009 06:39:43 AM »

KLKing- I know what program you are looking at.  That is the Cricut Design Studio.  You have to own the cartridges to use the program.  For example you want to cut several things with Indie Art cart.  You can layout everything in Cricut Design Studio (CDS) and then cut.  You would need to have the cartridge in the machine.  A lot of people misunderstand and when CDS came out there was a lot of confusion.  ProvoCraft has not changed the wording yet for some crazy reason. 

Us long time Cricut users would have a fit if we could buy every single cartridge on a disc.  We already gave ProvoCraft thousands of dollars on our carts, lol.  I was one of the girls who bought the machine when it first came out.  My DH got my first three cartridges at full price.  They were $90 back then. 

I have over thirty carts now but those were the only three that was paid full price for.

Back to topic, lol.  Crosses

Here are the cross carts:

Indie Art- Has Goth type crosses but they are gorgeous.
Wedding- Has a beautiful scroll cross. 

Both of these are Solution cartridges and you can find them for around $35. Does that help any scripturegirl?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97658832@N05/

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gelyafey/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
scripturegirl
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009 12:34:09 PM »

Very helpful, Tks!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009 01:29:02 AM »

Thanks, lylacfey! I'd be real upset if I spent hunderds and still had to buy all those cartridges. I really don't want to be limited to those things. I need to be able to import a customer's logo, or art. It seems like there's a lot to learn before buying these machines! K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lylacfey
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009 10:40:43 PM »

Your welcome.  To even throw more confusion in the mixture.  My DH bought me a BossKut Gazelle this weekend.  There is one that would be a good fit for you.  It is a really nice machine. I would say it is the Porsche of the die cutting machines.  You can import your customer logo's with it.  It is a little cheaper than some of the other elite machines.

To help with any other confusion the new Cricut Gypsy (handheld Design Studio) that is coming out in November you still need the cartridges. You can store all your cartridges in it but you need to own them. It has a hefty $300 price tag on it so I know a lot of people will be snatching it up thinking they can stop buying cartridges. 

That is why I bought a Gazelle. Cricut is a cheap machine if you own SureCutsAlot with it but all the accessories they are coming out makes it pricey.  You get so tempted.  Bad Cricut, lol. I love my Cricut.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97658832@N05/

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gelyafey/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mark Bittman Talks About Kitchen Express
Ru Freeman Talks About A Disobedient Girl
Robert Englund Reveals
Robert Englund Reveals His Biggest Pet Peeve
The Mortal Instruments Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...