A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,756
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Canadian swap?  (Read 2735 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ladycatns
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009 07:14:32 AM »

I would love to participate in a Canadian swap.I was in one before and loved getting my package,it was fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009 04:04:08 PM »

I'd be up for a minimum points swap to fill the envelope, then fill the rest with supplies...is that how it was done in the past?  I guess I could look at the link you put up.. Smiley  The regional thing would be really nice - I'm in BC and it seems like that's a fairly common province for Canadian Craftsters.
It would be awesome if you'd organize!  I never thought my question would prompt so much interest! Yay!

Yuppers, the last one was a 6-8 points then sutffing the envelope with supplies with the option to send just supplies or crafted items with the rest of the envelope stuffed with supplies. It worked out pretty good I think. There was only one issue but otherwise most were satisfied!

How does Mid August sound for signups? or do we prefer waiting until September. The only reason I thought doing it soon is that all the large christmas/holiday swaps have started or will be starting sometime around sept/oct and usually take alot of time. We could have a month long for crafting and the coolest thing about the envelopes is that if we all send at the same time we all recieve at the same time because they only take 1-3 days for delivery! Thoughts??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2009 05:31:29 PM »

i am keeping my eyes on this swap.  my swap slate is clear right now so whenever is good by me... 

one question tho.  if i am in Ontario does that mean i will only swap within my region  or will there be an option to swap nationally?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2009 06:06:18 PM »

Most definitely. The last round we had that option but I think maybe giving the option we could use bubble envelopes the same size because the price for the national ones is twice the regional ones. What does everyone else think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2009 07:20:16 PM »

I'm all in for swapping nationally.  I'll go for whatever.  But I'm going to have to see the timing, as my aug27th-sept7th is a great big holiday!!!  Camping in Saskatchewan then flying out to Vancouver on the first!!!!! wooo!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2009 04:43:49 PM »

Potential signups what do we all think/prefer?Huh

Signups Aug 16-26 partners 26 night
       Sendouts September 28

OR

Signups Sept 1-10 partners by 11th
       Sendouts Oct 12th

Other question I thought was, do we want to use the Xpresspost envelopes or pick a box size (the ones you can actually purchase at the post office, non-flat rate). Then do we want to have the option to send just supplies or supplies and crafted items. And a reasonable point amount? the last round was 6-8 points?

Any thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2009 04:47:50 PM »

option b works best for me.... but don't rely on me for a definit in on this swap...... I'm still trying to balance life and swapping and there are some great swaps coming up....  Also, 6 points is about my max...mix of supplies and crafted items....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

autumnkisses

keep calm and carry on

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009 08:58:02 AM »

I would be down for doing a national swap or just the regions..I'm in the western region for that (Live in southwestern manitoba) so either or is fine for me. I like the idea of getting craft items..as my supplies are slowly dwindling! I'd prefer more supplies with maybe one or two small items crafted.
The box or bubble wrap is fine for me, I just it just depends if people want more crafted items, then the box would likely be more sufficient. As for me, I can cram a lot into one of those big envelopes I'm sure! I did for my amigurumi swap and it only cost $6 to ship to Colorado and then an extra $6 for tracking (which didn't work anyways  Roll Eyes).
As for the dates, I would say the August one would be better than the October one, just for the fact that you stated about the Christmas swaps. That also doesn't matter to me, as I already know that I would be in a Christmas swap.
I am excited about doing this! I am currently in my second swap right now and have swapping feva!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps: Fill a Box Canadian Style Round 3:finishing up another swap then all my attention is directed to this!
           I Love Fall: Almost finished!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/autumnkisses
Etsy: http://www.sudsisters.etsy.com
Blog: http://curiouslifeofautumn.blogspot.com/
sunspotted
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009 11:53:47 AM »

If we're planning a supply swap with a few little crafted things, I vote for the earlier dates. 

If we're doing a swap Canadian Stuff in an 8 point swap and fill the holes in the package with supplies, I vote for the later dates.   

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009 02:29:33 PM »

If it's going to be a six point or less swap with supplies added, I could swing August signups, but otherwise due to cost (if it was going to be eight points or something), I'd want the later sign-ups.  And I actually like the big flat rate envelope idea, especially if it's regional.  I double checked with my post office to make sure they have them, and they do.  I just did an eight point (or more, actually) swap as my first one in the spring and it's still not at its destination, so if it's lost, that's a lot of crafting lost.  Not to mention that funds are tight, so a six point would be plenty, especially if we add supplies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Thanksgiving Cornucopia
How to Make Egg-Carton Lights
How to Make a Pirate Costume
How to Make Sewing Patterns
How to Make a Kaleidoscope
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...