A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,068
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 States Block Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 8904 times)
Tags for this thread: quilt_square  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SimplySandy
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2009 05:22:27 PM »

It is Tenn. but the other one is KY.  It's the KY Derby fabric
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yardenxanthe
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2009 05:47:02 PM »

So it definitely looks like the Montana & the Oregon blocks have the same main fabric! Smiley

The main fabric really looks a lot like Oregon (reminds me of Crater Lake). The 2nd fabric is green because when I think of Oregon, I think of GREEN! And the 3rd fabric is kind of funny but I guess a lot of people in Oregon hunt (and it coordinated w/the other fabrics)... altogether the block is a little more rural than I wanted, but it was so hard to pick fabrics for my home state!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

magadoo

I'm a robot in disguise

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2009 06:19:19 PM »

I really like the TN block.  Nice job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2009 08:21:12 PM »

Oregon is super green...at least on the west side - lol.  You know what I think of, other than Crater Lake & jet boating down the Rogue River is the Pendleton store.  I went there once & unfortunately I was broke at the time or I would have gotten way more, but they had remnants of wonderful Pendleton wool!  And the remnants were like 1-3+ yards.  I still have some & was going to use a skirt I love (but is terribly pilled & stretched out) as a pattern to make a skirt or two.  And maybe a newsboy cap.  I wish I had an excuse to get back over there.  SIGH...

Sorry for the detour.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2009 08:43:18 PM »

I was just talking about this swap with somebody not on craftster today...so I was real excited to see some new blocks posted today!

I like the deers on the Oregon one...reminds me of home for some reason (I'm from PA so nothing to do with Oregon).  I also like the TN one it's so bright.  At first I didn't notice they are racing horses on the KY one either.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yardenxanthe
« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2009 09:39:58 PM »

Oregon is super green...at least on the west side - lol.  You know what I think of, other than Crater Lake & jet boating down the Rogue River is the Pendleton store.  I went there once & unfortunately I was broke at the time or I would have gotten way more, but they had remnants of wonderful Pendleton wool!  And the remnants were like 1-3+ yards.  I still have some & was going to use a skirt I love (but is terribly pilled & stretched out) as a pattern to make a skirt or two.  And maybe a newsboy cap.  I wish I had an excuse to get back over there.  SIGH...

The Pendleton store is awesome. I went there last week to get some supplies for another swap, and they were out of something I really wanted, so I'm going back there tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I could spend a fortune in that store!!

I've been super careful up until now, but I guess sewing a 2nd round of blocks in one day did me in... CraftFail!

Oops! I did this to three of my blocks. Hello, seamripper.

And I have 2 versions of this block because the thrift store purple fabric I bought wasn't quite enough.

Here's version 2.

I chose the blue fabric (it has like dandelions on it) because it reminded me of all the wildflowers in Colorado plus it also reminded me of snowflakes. The white has grey trees on it, which reminded me of winter in CO, and the purple reminds me of the Rockies.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gkswife
Crazy lady with a glue gun

« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2009 07:58:38 AM »

Nebraska - "the Cornhusker State" BUT it used to be called "the Tree Planter State" Arbor day started in Nebraska!

The block is a little crazy but I really like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2009 08:57:19 AM »

It is crazy but I really like it too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl

« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2009 10:33:57 AM »

I am so jealous!!!  Smiley

The Pendleton store is awesome. I went there last week to get some supplies for another swap, and they were out of something I really wanted, so I'm going back there tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I could spend a fortune in that store!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl

« Reply #129 on: September 05, 2009 10:58:43 AM »

I sent the rest of mine today!!!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style a Fluffy Jumper
Style Sound Off: Scarlett Johansson, Emma Watson, Kim Kardashian, Shailene
7 Reasons Your Clothes Might Be Turning Men Off
Lululemon Releases Line of Post-Workout Clothes
Taylor Swift at Her InStyle November 2013 Cover Shoot
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...