A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,753
Currently Running With Scissors:
842 Guests and 46 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jaeger "Foxy" fur-trim coat--Any brave souls care to join me?  (Read 3724 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vysews
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2005 06:05:15 AM »

This is coming along much faster than I thought it would. (I'm double-stranding both yarns.) Progress so far on the back panel:

Natasha, how's it coming so far?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2005 06:59:12 AM »

Just as a little FYI about the fur substitutions. The Jaeger fur is extremely different from the fun furs that are out there. I bought five balls in England last November because it is so different from all the others. This one has a drape to it that you don't get with Lion Brand's stuff. It truly reminds me of Cookie Monster from the Muppets (if you could unravel a Muppet and then wind it into a ball, you would have Jaeger's stuff).

Your project looks amazing, BTW  Grin. I wish I had the time to knit like I used to before I started teaching full time.

Jill
THIS ROCKS   Logged

natashafatale

HQ, my hat looks like a muffin. Over.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2005 03:27:42 PM »

Okay guys, here's my oh so exciting update. I've got the back panel completely finished, and the front left panel done not counting the collar addition.

My gauge is way off, so I kind of had to do some finagling with the pattern. I just chopped out an entire 10 lines of the pattern on each piece so they'd match. I hope it works! I tried it on as a little half-vest and it seems to fit fine so far. Whoo!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010 10:02:40 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

* * Gritty Knits! * *
Handspun yarn, spinning fiber, stitch markers & knitting accessories
vysews
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2005 03:57:04 PM »

Natasha, that's great progress! How much yarn are you using up so far?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shrtcke
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2005 12:53:32 PM »

i love this jacket. it's very vintage looking. i'm ordering the pattern today. i don't have a clue what yarn or colors to use though. i need to find some that is not too expensive.  i have a black velvet jacket that is the same style that is my favorite but it doesn't fit too well anymore. so i'm excited to start this cause i haven't found me one that i like as much (or would fit Embarrassed) since. if anyone has any suggestions for some yarn it would be much appreciated.
    happy knitting everyone
THIS ROCKS   Logged

natashafatale

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2005 04:19:03 PM »

I'm a bit worried about this project. I've got the vest part done, now I just need the sleeves and collar. I made a makeshift temporary seam to try it on, and it's the biggest, heaviest, bulkiest thing I've ever seen. The armholes go down to my waist because the homespun is so weighty. Maybe a sleeve seam will help a little.

I took a haitus from it for a little while so I could calm down, and I'm about to tackle the sleeves next week. Hopefully when it's finished it will be slightly less of a disaster than I fear it might be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

* * Gritty Knits! * *
shrtcke
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2005 08:29:05 AM »

i've decided on violet or a plum color (not sure which one u would call it) for my jacket. i ordered the yarn for the main color. hopefully it will be in soon. it was a really good deal i bought a bag of 10 for $15.00. which only ends up being $1.50 a ball.  i haven't found the fur i'm gonna use yet. i want the fur to be a darker plum than the mc.  hopefully i can find a good deal on that too. but i have a feeling i'm not gonna be that lucky. 
   -happy knitting everyone-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

natashafatale

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2005 01:40:23 PM »

How's everybody doing on this? I've taken a long break from mine, I keep saying I'll pick it back up again as soon as I finish ____, but I always start some new exciting thing instead. I think maybe I'm not cut out to make such huge projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

* * Gritty Knits! * *
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
New York Fashion Week: Derek Lam Spring 2014 RTW - Runway Show
Carolina Herrera - NYFW Spring 2014 - Interviews, Backstage & Runway
Cynthia Alvarez: DIY New York Fashion Week 2014 Hairstyles
Bobbi Brown Launching Makeup Tutorials
DKNY - NYFW Spring 2014 - Interviews, Backstage & Runway
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...