A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
501 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: BoobHolder/Mini Sweater KAL?  (Read 4078 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ashik0
« on: April 08, 2005 08:42:11 PM »

Oooh! I know this pattern has been around for a while, so maybe I've missed the whole lot of people wanting to knit this pattern, but I love it!
Anyone want to join me? I'll host it and care for the Knit Along and stuff, all you have to do is knit this gorgeous little sweater  
http://www.glampyre.com
 http://glampyreknits.tripod.com/glampyrephotos/id62.html
Anyone?!
I posted on the Knitty boards, too. This is a pretty casual KAL, I'll say. No deadlines, thoguh it would be nice if we all kind of started around the same time. I've already started, as has NonoKitty off the Knittyboards...Someone join us?! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oncebitten...twice shy
wizkid
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005 12:29:52 AM »

There's a board about this sweater over on 'Completed Projects.'

AAAnnnnnddd

Since I've already started, I'm definately in!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

the blog: http://katiesredumbrella.blogspot.com/

the etsy: http://katiecanavan.etsy.com

ravelry: serafinapekkala
legallyblonde
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005 11:29:44 AM »

I'm in! I have some Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece that I've been wanting to use for this.  It will require recalculating gauge but I like how this yarn looks knit up and the color so it will be worth it.

I haven't started yet but will try to cast on in the next few days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinygoatstacker

Why can't puffins eat pancakes instead?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005 01:32:22 PM »

As soon as I finish Cleaves from Knitty, I'm planning on starting this pattern. I have some awesomely gaudy Red Heart Kids in blue & lime green. Hurray!
Thanks for posting this knit-a-long! I'd love to join.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bumblebees, bumblebees... tiny and small, tiny and small....
lisascenic
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005 03:13:23 PM »

You'll really enjoy this sweater.  Making it is a bit of a magic trick, but very satisfyling when it "clicks."

My words of advice:

Read through the many postings about this sweater.  TRY IT ON! Take the sweater off your needles, and put it on a lenght of scrap yarn and try it on.  Repeat several times!  Finally, there's a bit of internet weirdness that you should be aware of.  On the website, there is a link that says something like "for the busty gals."  When you've printed out your instructions, this will [bnot][/b] be an obvious link, and may be confusing.  And finally, I'm not personally sold on Glampyre's approach to the trim.  Too many ends to weave in!

But this sweater is very clever, and looks cute as hell.  It knits up in no time, and doesn't cost much!   What more could you ask for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

staralee
l'etoile

mmmm...koolaid yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005 04:13:06 PM »

I'm actually knitting one of these for hawaiilove, as soon as the yarn arrives! Any suggestions for knitting it for someone who can't try it on? She sent me bust and arm measurements and I plan on measuring obsessively...I don't think I can do anything more than that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lisascenic
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2005 04:31:54 PM »

Staralee -- Did you get a measurement that shows the distance from where the neck meets the shoulders to the bottom of the armpit?  (That will be your "raglan seam" the line between the front section and the arm section.  You may want to know that length so you know when to separate the arm from the body of the sweater.  You may also want a measurement  from the base of the neck to the bottom of the bustline,to let you know how long to make the sweater.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ashik0
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2005 06:57:30 PM »

Cooool. Well, I've set up a blog at blogger (minisweater.blogspot.com)..But I can't get into the blogger admin to send invites or anything yet, which is sooo annoying. Blooger's prolly on some suicidal rampage, we can only hope it finally dies....I'll stop.
But yeah, so...Uhm, I've never invited anyone to a blog before, but it seem I'll need your email address? Just PM me or email me at noirlutin(AT)hotmail(DOT)com.
For those who wont get gauge, I don' think it'll be that hard to make it work for you. Very simple to put together...Should be good Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oncebitten...twice shy
legallyblonde
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005 09:29:45 AM »

Yesterday ended up being a lazy day where I didn't do anything (needed after the week I had!) and went ahead and cast on for this. I didn't expect to get much done but I'm almost done with the raglan increases. I have a couple more rows to do then I'll try it on again.  I hadn't looked closely at the pattern before starting and was really happy to see that I didn't have to do much adjusting for my smaller gauge.  I just cast on a few more stitches and am doing the increases the same as the pattern, adding a few more rows until it fits.

It's an interesting design, once you figure out what exactly she is doing with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shedata

so much yarn, so little time...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005 10:01:11 PM »

I have a huge stash of leftover yarn Id like to use up so will ~maybe~ make  a boobholder minisweater out of them, so-count me in for the knit along.. Back soon...hopefully with a picture and a success story but nice to know yall be here it I need ya- My First posting on craftster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ritz Cracker Chicken Nuggets Recipe
Tangy Grilled Salmon Filet Recipe
Devilish Deviled Eggs Recipe
Cajun Shrimp Sauté Recipe
Succulent Grilled Ribeye Steak Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...