A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: The Hipslinger (aka The Fanny Pack)  (Read 365330 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , gifts_for_teens , featured_project , fanny_pack  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pastiche
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2005 05:43:22 AM »

here's another cute version of a fanny pack. i couldn't bring myself to pay $60 for it, so i tried my own. (i'm still new to sewing, so it wasn't too great.) but this one is cool because the strap adjusts so you can use it as a fanny pack, clutch or handbag.

http://www.slimnyc.com/slimNYC.htm

go to shop and click on the bags in the second row.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunnigoods
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2005 09:43:58 AM »

that is so cute. i could not pull it off...i wish i could but i am a little too *wide* for something like that  Tongue and i wouldnt want to draw more attention to that area of me Wink but i love it! the fabric is so cute and it looks very good!! great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

handmade goodies for all you cuteness needs!
http://www.bunnigoods.com
Lrschic
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2005 09:53:59 AM »

I say bring back the fanny packs... especially if they look like that!  Grin Seriously, that is the hottest bag I've ever seen, and sooo convenient! I always think about needing a bag like that on the dance floor. It sure beats trying to cram everything in my pockets!  Wink Please make more and post them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."~ Roald Dahl

My website: www.craftemagee.com
aoi
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2005 11:42:44 AM »

Of course I had to add my two cents here.  BEST FANNYPACK EVER.  I'll help you bring 'em back--you work on Osaka, I'll tackle Central Florida. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nicolish
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2005 11:54:04 AM »

believe it or not, fanny packs ARE in fact back in style, haha. I see girls walking around boston all the time with fanny packs that have the louis vuitton and gucci symbols on them. except they wear them in a more modern way...with the pack to the side or on the back. I say more power to 'em...they're totally convenient.

yours is great, I love the fabric.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sexie_Leopard
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2005 12:04:04 PM »

a tutorial would be great!  i 've been thinking about the idea of this, just wasn't sure where to start.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ladyduff
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2005 12:12:47 PM »

I've been wearing thriftstore fanny packs (yes, they are incredibly convenient, but soemtimes i still freak out that i have forgotten my purse somewhere) but have been wanting to make some so that i am not always stuck covering up whatever lame logos they have one them- i really love the way you did the belt closures too, so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cimba
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2005 01:23:58 PM »

I like it, very stylish! Wish I could come to Japan just only to reach that 100yen store and taking ALL their coloured velcro!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ciao! Cimba // Homemade happy goodies, made in Italy with a smile!
http://www.ciaocimba.com
rocknroar
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2005 07:38:58 PM »

Thanks guys! I'll start the task of making a tutorial soon.

pastiche-thanks for the link to that site. Those fanny packs are awesome!  And actually, after I took a peek at them I tested my version so see if I could wear it across my back and it worked! Wink The straps were long enough where I could adjust the size with the velcro and the carabeeners. So for those of who who are still skepticle of the fanny pack you could wear it across your back.

ladyduff-yeah! a true rocker of the fanny pack. My sister's been sportin them around her parts, too. She actually salvaged a New Kid's on the Block one that we had tucked away from our childhood days. (I can't believe I admitted that. Don't judge me, please. Embarrassed) heh heh

« Last Edit: April 09, 2005 07:46:27 PM by rocknroar » THIS ROCKS   Logged

xfallenfatex
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2005 10:12:36 PM »

I LOVE it!

Tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Compress an Image to Reduce File Size
How to use a Dutch Tilt
How to Increase Your Available Light
How an SLR Camera Differs from a Point and Shoot Camera
Learn about F Stop Increments
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...