okay, hopefully this all makes sense
1. find image you want to make a doll of. for m&r and wubbzy, i used coloring pages i find online.
2. colorize image. i use photoshop to do mine and color sampled from another image i found online.
3. if you're printing more than one, arrange multiple images in a single file that will fit through your printer.
4. prepare your fabric to go through the printer. (i washed mine previously.) i use the freezer paper method for this. (freezer paper is like wax paper, but with wax just on one side instead of both.)
all you do is lay down the freezer paper wax (shiny) side up, lay your fabric on top, and iron with a hot, no steam iron until the fabric sticks to the paper. make sure it's the right size to go though your printer and now we're ready to print!
5. print images onto fabric. use an inkjet printer, this won't work with laser printers.
6. peel away freezer paper from fabric.
6. cut around your image and cut a matching piece for the backing. i used a white swiss dot for wubbzy, just because i had it, lol. this project is all about using stuff in the craft closet!
7. lay pieces right sides together and sew around with a (theoretical) 1/4" seam allowance. if you want to add a loop like mine, do it in this step.
8. turn pillow, stuff and stitch closed. i used my machine for the m&r ones and a whip stitch for wubbzy. blind stitch would be nice but i'm kinda lazy when it comes to hand sewing!
9. add wubbzy to the m&r dolls on your carabiner and confuse you're 2.5 year old, who says, "mama, wubbzy doesn't live with max & ruby!"
hope that helps!