A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
555 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Elements Swap Round 2  (Read 16354 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2009 05:58:52 PM »

The idea I thought might work won't - partly b/c it's an altered book thing, partly b/c it's HUGE and I don't want to spend that much on postage...
BUT - I went through the WISTS and could finish crafting just from that alone!!!
I do need to come up with a few small altar ideas and I've had no inspiration to date!

Remember, the tortoise won the race!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
butterflyangel
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2009 06:35:42 PM »

ok i feel more at ease now  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2009 06:52:15 PM »

I'm still in the planning phases too. Lots of ideas, but nothing is in motion yet. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

evilsarah
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2009 10:53:40 PM »

I have two solid ideas, some other I am throwing around. Bought one thing today I need for one of my solid ideas...didn't like the selection on the second solid item thing I needed. It's a really every day item, so I'm not worried.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phnxreign99
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2009 09:03:08 AM »

I'm only in the planning stages myself ... I have one definite plan, but otherwise I still have to think.  I'm just waiting for that "aha" moment which usually comes along.

I'm just waiting until tomorrow when I can get started on idea number one ... (have to work tonight) ... hope it works, it's something new for me -   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2009 01:14:33 PM »

sounds like we are going to have one heck of a gallery for this swap!   Grin

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
groperesponsibly
Mom to a beautiful, craft loving little girl!!

Dippin' my fingers into all things crafty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2009 01:59:13 PM »

So out of the first four items, this is how completed they are!

#1: 85% completed
#2: 65% completed
#3: Idea stage!
#4: Idea stage!

And of course each of those is joined by a few other pieces.  I have a tendancy to go a little overboard :p  That DOES NOT MEAN that my partner has to <3  Dont' worry!

If anyone else is fairly good friends with my dear phnxreign, please PM me!  I have a few ideas for the second two on that wonderfully vague list that I'm just not sure about!

Anywayyy.  I'm sitting at work.  Wishing I was at home.  CRAFTING!  All I want to do is craft.

Court tv makes me happy though Cheesy  I think I'll go blog!

So, I'd love to shoot ideas back and forth with someone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do: Polymer clay minatures, Polymer clay beads, Beadweaving, Jewelry, Stone cutting (Cabachons) and wirework.  I will be doing: Stone cutting (faceted), Pottery, Silver and Glass work.

Personal swaps welcome Smiley
Innaura

Here I am, doing science.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2009 02:37:53 PM »

Wow, all of you already crafting!  (Okay, Innaura, cut yourself some slack.  You pull all-night shifts, you don't have time to craft.  You only have time to think of awesome things and hope you remember them in the next day's sleep-deprived haze.)

Here's my progress.

Idea 1: gathering materials from my various stashes stage
2: see #1.
3: Thinking about where to go to purchase parts I don't have.
4: Wondering if it will even work for my partner.
5: Wondering if I can pull it off.
6: "Hey, that's a good idea!  Hmm, I've never [done the applicable craft] before.  I wonder if it's hard?"
7: *dancing around in excitement at the general awesomeness of this swap*

Okay, I don't really have seven discrete ideas.  But they're all piling up in my head so that I can't tell one from another sometimes, and it is just way too fun to brainstorm for this one.

Ronda, I can't wait to see the gallery either!  I'm just glad we have several weeks to craft.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist, always a work in progress: http://www.wists.com/Innaura
groperesponsibly
Mom to a beautiful, craft loving little girl!!

Dippin' my fingers into all things crafty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2009 06:53:16 PM »

So maybe this is just my anxiety, but I am FREAKING OUT!

I feel like this is a project I've had to complete for months, the sort where you need the slide show, the trifold display, the verbal presentation, AND the diarama.

You put it off till the NIGHT BEFORE.

I think I feel this way because I have so many ideas, so many things I want to do and I can't put it all out!

There are a few things that are set in stone that I'm DEFINITELY doing, but there are other things that I just don't know about!  It's starting to frustrate me.  I should have neverending funds.  That would solve this whole problem!  Because then I could just do everything I wanted and be happy Cheesy

So tonight, I will be making a calendar, depicting what days I do what crafts, in sort of a count down to the send out date.

Did I mention FREAKING OUT?

Yah.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do: Polymer clay minatures, Polymer clay beads, Beadweaving, Jewelry, Stone cutting (Cabachons) and wirework.  I will be doing: Stone cutting (faceted), Pottery, Silver and Glass work.

Personal swaps welcome Smiley
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2009 04:19:18 AM »

I always make a list of all the partners I am swapping with and what I am supposed to be making by size of items - then a list of ideas with that - then I cross them off as I finish them or revise it if I need to add or delete or change things.

making up a list of how much progress you have made on each project on the thread will help keep you on track too - and give everyone a chance to compare each others progress - some people like to make a list (me  Grin ) and some like to just say things like "30% done this week" or "one thing is done and two left to go!"

I like reading those - it helps to keep me on track too!

Ronda
blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crimp Beads
How to Make a Beaded Lanyard
How to Use a Beading Board
How to Make Fimo Beads
How to String Beads
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...