A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
501 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A few tote bags I've done  (Read 892 times)
Tags for this thread: jordy_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkbuttercup
« on: July 16, 2009 02:12:40 PM »

I made this one about a year or so ago. My first project with a sewing machine, and my second attempt at making a bag. I used the basic Jordy pattern to go by. This ones kinda small, I found some polka-dot fabric in my bin & then used an old t-shirt for the lining, no interfacing or anything (actually, I didn't even know what interfacing was at the time! lol)

Then one of my old friends was getting married & I've seen some of those wedding day tote bag in stores, you know for the bride to carry around all her goodies while getting ready on her big day! But I though it would be fun to try to make one. I used a pattern that I got at JoAnn's, though I can't remember the name of it now. I later added their wedding date, below the tux & veil, but I didn't get a photo of that. And this is when I discovered interfacing, which I have loved ever since!

The next one was exciting for me, because it was really spur of the moment! I was getting ready to go back to school & wanted a new bag for my books. So I rummaged through my stuff & found this purple leopard bed skirt & some plain black fabric, and then the flowers are just some scrap felt & random buttons.

This is the most recent one I've done. This was my first attempt working with corduroy, first time making an applique, & first time adding a snap.. It took me a little longer, but I like the way it turned out. I finished it just in time to go see DMB =)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lorizathm
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009 04:15:06 PM »

Started out good and just got better. Awesome work! I love the applique on the last one ...and I agree, ever since I discovered interfacing, I was hooked!

Keep on craftin'.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." -Pablo Picasso
xperimentl
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009 04:50:36 PM »

I love your latest one especially.  I really like the way the strap and applique are coordinated.  Cute, cute.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009 04:51:19 PM by xperimentl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can't use up creativity.  The more you use, the more you have."  Maya Angelou

My Flickr
My Pinterest
pinkbuttercup
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009 09:46:59 AM »

Thanks very much  Smiley
The last one is my favorite, I just wish I would have had more fabric to make it larger! I always carry a bunch of crap around with me, so I tend to favor large bags & this one's a bit small for my taste.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set Timer Function
Canon G10: Set Spot Meter Function
Canon G10: Set Shutter Priority (Tv) Function
Canon G10: Set Image Resolution Function
Canon G10: Set Image Quality Function
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...