Ok so one of my favorite parts about summer when I was younger was going to Wonderland to ride the rides and get funnel cakes.
A friend had went and put a pic of one on FB which kept showing up in my news feed and I just HAD to make some!
Here is the recipie I used, it was taken from a mix of online ones I found:
This will make 5 salad plate sized Funnel Cakes, and my trick is to use a blender for mixing it all up.
2 eggs (one whole and one the whites only)
1 and 1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Prep: Pour 2 inches of veg. oil into a large fry pan and heat on med heat to about 375. Test by spooning a bit of batter in and if it floats to the top and starts to sizzle your good to go!
1. Put eggs and sugar into blender and mix
2. Add the milk and mix
3. Add all dry ingredients and mix until batter is creamy. If it seems lumpy at all add a bit more milk.
4. Pour 1/2 cup of the batter into the hot oil though a funnel, moving it around as you pour.
5. Cook until the bottom is golden then carefully flip and cook until the other side is also golden.
6. Take out of pan and allow to cool on paper towel slightly.
7. Top with your fav. fruit, icecream, whip cream, or icing sugar (hint here is too let the cake cool quite a bit so the sugar wont melt into it.) or any combo.