A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,716
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wanna have a Spring Fling?  (Read 6952 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Josiecat
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2005 05:54:48 PM »

I'm still working on my Spring Fling.  Getting close though.  I think I can finish the second sleeve tonight.  Unfortunately I have to rip out alot of the back and re-do it because I must have forgotten to do some decreases at the arm holes.  Argh - I decided to knit the fronts and sleeves before dealing with the back again.  The other thing is that after my decreases I ended up with a different # of stitches (less) than pattern.  I figure it'll all work out in the end and it's because of the lace pattern.  Hmmm.  Anyways - I hope my looks as cute as yours Genevieve because yours looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
karenie
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2005 02:16:02 PM »

i just found this KAL -- i have been working on this sweater for a month or so. i was ok with the shaping, but there is a spot that will probably come back to haunt me when i go to seam it.
my question is, though, if anyone else had problems starting the lace on the left front? for some reason, i just cannot get it to work out, i end up with extra stitches left at the end of the row. when it says "Work in Lace Pattern to last st, k1", do you start in with the bracketed part, or do you do the whole line (K1, [k2, yo, sl 1, k1, psso] to last st, k1) and then k1?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life, in a knitterly fashion
http://knitterlyfashion.blogspot.com
Josiecat
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2005 03:20:51 PM »

I think I just started with the bracketed part of the pattern.  But I just knit stitches that were going to be bound off - didn't do those in pattern. 

I finished on Friday and am really excited!  I really like it and bought a silk shirt to wear with it and an antique-style brooch to fasten it (can't see in pictures under shirt's tie though). 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ultraviolet
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2005 06:49:36 PM »

Very nice! I totally love mine. It's the only thing I've knit that I actually wear regularly Smiley

Where it says "work in lace pattern" you are supposed to refer to the pattern notes, and it does include the entire line. I think the key to understanding knitting patterns is to take everything totally literally. It's like science.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
karenie
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2005 08:47:38 PM »

i'm just going to make sure to put in a lifeline next time,  so i don't end up ripping out 4 inches of ribbing. doh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karenie
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2006 05:52:00 PM »

so, obviously, i have been working on this baby off and on since the pattern came out. oi. but i am finally <i>finally</i> done. just in time for winter term reading week. and you know, i really like it!
i moved the hooks (2 of them) down, because i find that anything that opens over my belly just makes me look a little pregnant. and i think i made the sleeves a few inches longer, but that was only because i wasn't paying attention at the time Smiley
good to be finished, though.

sorry for the mirror pictures! (wow, i need to get out the windex, huh?)

(x-posted to the completed projects page)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010 12:43:22 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Unknown Premiere
John Turturro on Acting Out an Orgasm
John Turturro on Playing Jesus Quintana in The Big Lebowski
Akira Kurosawa and Individualism
Charles Dickens: From Books To Film
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...