A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pygmy Puffs Galore  (Read 9074 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , movie_monsters  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

norecliner
« on: July 15, 2009 11:08:54 AM »

A few weeks ago my sister, my mom, and I were discussing our plans for the midnight showing of the new HP movie.  Shirts? Scarves? We decided to make pet Pygmy Puffs using a pattern we saw on Ravelry.  When we realized how simple they were to make we decided it would be infinitely more fun to give away puffs to good homes...

Here are a few photos of how different they all looked:

We made somewhere between 35 and 40.  We decided it would be best to carry them around the theater
 in a cardboard box (just like free kittens...that cracked me up) so people could get a good look at them before they picked out the one they liked.

After we got to our seats we tried to quietly ask people if they wanted a puff. The first few people politely declined (what were they thinking?) so we tried a different strategy.  My sister yelled out and asked if anyone knew what a pygmy puff was and if they wanted one.  The hands started flying up and we were launching them all over the the place.  When we were done we snapped this photo of the new owners.

The best part:
We were worried that the puffs wouldn't make an appearance in the movie.  When Arnold, Ginny's pink puff, made an appearance on her shoulder on the Hogwarts Express people actually started applauding.  It was great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
YarnWranglerC
Fiber

If only I could craft all the time.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009 11:29:25 AM »

Awesome Idea! I am sure everyone loved them! I love how the orangy red one has two different sized eyes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Open to personal swaps, especially for fiber or spinning related tools!
Jatoha
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009 11:30:38 AM »

That's such a great idea!  How fun! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenfaerie
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009 11:51:44 AM »

You guys freaking ROCK.  I mean really... I wish I'd been there that night.  Smiley

Great karma for you guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big collection of Kenmore presser feet to swap/trade/sell!!  Ruffler foot, etc.  Please PM for details!
Wist!
talyra
likes shiny things

Aboard yer ship, gnawin' yer timbers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009 12:36:23 PM »

A cinema full of flying Pygmy Puffs sounds like a scene worthy of a Potter movie in itself Cheesy They are really cute, and what a wonderfully amazingly fantastically nice thing to do. I bet you made all those people's night.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
reona32
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009 01:03:52 PM »

That is so funny! I can't wait to see the new HP movie myself. Hey, could you give us a link to the instructions you used? I'd like to try myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Greetings
Cherry Juice
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009 02:32:27 PM »

Man I don't even like harry potter and I'd have taken a pygmy puff! they're cute and adorable! GReat job and what a fun idea to give them away!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lined
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009 07:29:30 PM »

Great idea!! I love the picture of everyone holding up their puff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
norecliner
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009 08:53:36 PM »

That is so funny! I can't wait to see the new HP movie myself. Hey, could you give us a link to the instructions you used? I'd like to try myself.

I got the pattern from www.ravelry.com. If you don't already have an account they are free but take a couple of days for the email invite to come.  Once you are in ravelry you just search pygmy puff.  We used the one by Brianna Evans of Crochetville.

After looking at the pattern through ravelry I realized that there is a link directly to where the pattern originated http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59705
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RemusRox
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009 09:06:00 PM »

SO CUTE! I'm so glad they included one in the movies because I would have been really disappointed. I think it's so awesome that you gave them away to fellow fans. Rock on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
African American Hair Care Tips
How to Assess Thinning Hair
How to Fix Dull Hair Color
How to Make Voluminous Hair Last All Day
How To Get Silky, Straight Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...