A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: If you're busty and you know it clap your hands...a swimsuit!  (Read 3252 times)
Tags for this thread: party_dress  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mountaingrrl
« on: July 14, 2009 08:48:35 PM »

So...I have a large bust...and a long torso...and some curves...so swimsuit shopping is not so much fun. My least favorite part is that my boobies are never supported.

Thus, I made my own swimsuit that has a bra underneath!

The front is fully lined and the back features seaming to bring it in. Big wide straps and it comes up high enough that I don't feel like the girls are out on display. It's comfy and it's fitted, so it won't float up when I'm swimming.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chimes
the chimenator

the chimenator

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009 05:05:58 AM »

Good idea! When you can't find something that works, instead of settling, make it yourself!

I have the exact opposite problem. My friends and I have a running argument which is better, big boobies or little boobies?  Most of my friends are large-busted except for 2 of us and it's 4 against 1 for little boobies being better.  I would much rather have not enough than too much... I've seen the hassle my friends go through and I would not want to have to deal with that.  They're beautiful but I'd rather be without the worry and I love the fact that I don't have to worry about support... ever.  I'm also a long-distance runner, and I know I would have a completely different outlook if I wasn't, but whatevs, if it means I'm happy with no boobs, then that works for me.

</end tangent>

Good work on the swimsuit! It looks good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

twylag
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009 06:02:12 AM »

do you have pictures of the back?  what kind of seaming are you using back there?  Very nice btw, I am always having to wear a top over my swimsuit because the girls like to escape the "made for tiny cleavage" tops that most swimsuits have
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cheyenneswthrt07
I cann't quiet the creative monkey in my head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009 07:31:17 AM »

Did you just use a regular bra? Or did you use something specific for swimwear?   

It' looks great BTW. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatyPamKnits
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009 09:25:11 AM »

This is amazing, but for those that can't sew, like myself, check out Bravissimo.com, they are a store for the big boobed gal and carry bathing suits with bras in them, which can sometimes be found at specialty shops stateside.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amarok
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009 01:36:04 PM »

that's really good! oh, i feel for you. can't imagine how frustrating shopping for specific clothes can be for you. nice that you're so crafty! this looks great, and my eyes are at ease since your boobs aren't "on display", because you made it to be so long on top!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is "Susitaika"? Susi is Wolf and Taika is Magic in Finnish.. Come and find out more!

www.susitaika.com

Free embroidery designs at www.susitaika.com/freebies.html

http://susitaika.com/shop for all your shopping needs
alorralora
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009 06:40:31 PM »

I can totally relate.  My husband was taping me splashing around in the kiddie pool with my 6 mo. old and I can't even watch it, it's so embarassing.  I mean, the girls were all you saw and quite overshadowed (literally) the baby.  The suit looks great on you, btw!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST it up babee...WIST and shout!!
http://www.wists.com/alorralora
Marmish

Quincy the Pug

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009 08:45:59 PM »

Ha!  Love your title, and the suit. Nice job.  Another source for busty swimwear is La Plage located in Myrtle Beach.  It'll cost you, but they have bra sized swimwear up to cup size I, and will also do custom work with some lines of suits.  They didn't have the top I wanted in the fabric I wanted, so they custom made it for me.  And shipped it free.  And didn't charge me extra to do it.  In fact, it was even on sale and they still did it.  Don't be fooled by the oh-so-skinny models.  Click on the suits and they have a variety of cuts and sizes in that fabric.  Sorry to highjack, but it's sooo hard to find these places and I had a great experience shopping there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Put Your Hair in a Bun
How to Put Your Hair in a Messy Bun
How to Apply Relaxer Onto Black Hair
How to Take Out Micro Braids
How to Do Your Hair Like Taylor Swift
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...