A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 301,983
Currently Running With Scissors:
519 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Before Meets After: Kitchen Decor (pic dense)  (Read 2056 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

green r my tear$
I Praise GOD for my TALENT$ and MOTIVATION!!

U R ONLY LIMITED BY UR IMAGINATION!! SO IMAGE...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 22, 2010 11:26:26 PM »

I've been in my own apartment for 1 1/2 year. I wanted to decorate but money has been tight (THANKS JESUS FOR THE INCREASE).  Also, havent found the right fabric until NOW!!  I bought the fabrics from my local Joann (fabric cost $3.99 to $6.99 yd I only bought 1/2 yd of ea.) and IKEA (fabrics cost $1.99 to $3.99 a yard all on sale from $3.99 to $7.99). The curtain rod was bought at my local Target and the towel rack was bought from Dollar Warehouse. I bought a pack of 4 dishtowels from IKEA and added the fabric to make all come together/ ohh the mats (the one by the stove was from the Dollar Warehouse) are from IKEA as well.  I made the pocket potholders myself!!  My bedroom make-up is next to be featured!! Thanks GOD for the creative flow!!

HERE IS THE BEFORE SHOTS

HERE"S WHERE BEFORE MEETS AFTER!!

A FEW CLOSE-UP SHOTS:

Please Comment!!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010 11:33:15 PM by green r my tear$ » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katrena'sGifts&Such

Enrolled Swap:
humboldtcherry

Marching to the beat of a different accordion

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010 06:50:43 AM »

Love it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sum1smuma
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010 07:21:34 AM »

That graphic fabric is perfect. It really has given your kitchen a modern edge. Nice.
Adorable potholders....maybe even to nice to use.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ya just can't stop a crafty girl!
ElizabethsMom

Every window has a different view.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010 08:48:59 AM »

Ok, so did you make your own pot holders? Also, how come you didn't make over your extinguisher also? Unless it's used for business purposes, I don't think the fire marshal will say anything Wink I love the colors you went with for sure!

....just re-read your post and yeah you made them. My question is how? For the pictures did you use patches or something else? I only ask because I am wanting to make some of my own and have never done it. Yours are super cute and I would like to make something similar. Thanks Smiley
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010 09:03:59 AM by ElizabethsMom » THIS ROCKS   Logged
green r my tear$
I Praise GOD for my TALENT$ and MOTIVATION!!

U R ONLY LIMITED BY UR IMAGINATION!! SO IMAGE...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010 01:11:44 PM »

Thanks for your compliments!! I embroidered the designs on the pocket potholders. The pattern for the pocket potholder is free on http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/elprojects/SimpleProduct_ELP.aspx?CS_ProductID=PR1565&CS_Catalog=Elprojects  where you can also purcahse machince embroidery designs.

Ok, so did you make your own pot holders? Also, how come you didn't make over your extinguisher also? Unless it's used for business purposes, I don't think the fire marshal will say anything Wink I love the colors you went with for sure!

....just re-read your post and yeah you made them. My question is how? For the pictures did you use patches or something else? I only ask because I am wanting to make some of my own and have never done it. Yours are super cute and I would like to make something similar. Thanks Smiley
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010 01:13:38 PM by green r my tear$ » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katrena'sGifts&Such

Enrolled Swap:
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Three Chic Ways to Rock Winter Pastels
Top Fashion and Style Trends of 2013
Beautiful Christmas Day Makeup
How to Style a Glam Holiday Hairdo
Opt for a Tuxedo as an Alternative to the LBD
Latest Blog Articles
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...