A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
450 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hoodie recon  (Read 1650 times)
Tags for this thread: monty_python  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cheesefairy13
« on: July 14, 2009 08:00:23 PM »

During highschool one of my best guy friends had this Monty Python hoodie that I was absolutely in love with.  He promised he would give it to me when we graduated and he did.  It had a big hole in the side so originally I meant to just fix it but then I kept cutting, and cutting...and cutting a little more until magically it became my size.  I royally f'd up the sleeves so they were really uneven and was scared to mess with the hood even the though it was gigantic. Then I pretty much put it away in fear he would cry when he saw it and I wasn't really that happy with it myself.

Now a year later I've decided to butcher it some more.  Fueled by some unknown bravery I cut off the hood and found myself really liking it.  The sleeves are still a hot mess, any advice on what I could with em would be greatly appreciated.  I haven't really done very many successful recons and I'm scared if I try to fix them I'll just mess it up more.

What it currently looks like/couldn't find the before pictures:

The Sleeves:

« Last Edit: July 14, 2009 08:02:45 PM by cheesefairy13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calentine
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009 08:07:31 PM »

...I just tried to reply to this, and then something wonky happened, and I don't THINK it posted unfinished...but in case it did, I apologize.

Anyhoo...as I tried to say before, I think the sleeves look perfect they way they are.  Maybe it's just hard to see the "hot mess" (that's hilarious, by the way) in a picture on a computer screen, but they appear to be the exact length that I, personally, prefer, and I love that they look fitted, and not all hoodie-baggy.  I think you look adoreable in it!  Good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DaringToBeGreat

freckle, freckle, what makes you so special?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009 08:13:21 PM »

I think the sleeves look perfect they way they are.  Maybe it's just hard to see the "hot mess" (that's hilarious, by the way) in a picture on a computer screen, but they appear to be the exact length that I, personally, prefer, and I love that they look fitted, and not all hoodie-baggy.  I think you look adoreable in it!  Good work!

I totally agree!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LiveLongandCraft
Formerly williarl13

Boldly going where others have probably been.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009 09:12:51 PM »

I agree that the sleeves look good the way they are. I can't see any sort of mess. It looks very cute on you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Man is born free and everywhere he is in chains" - Jean Jacques Rousseau

"This book doesn't have any answers!" - The Simpsons Movie

http://www.wists.com/LiveLongandCraft
machiavellian
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009 03:01:55 AM »

Its cute! I LOVE the image on the ex-hoodie too- I love Monty Python, particularly this scene in the Holy Grail!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheesefairy13
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009 06:24:33 AM »

Yay thanks you guys Grin. I guess you can't really see the uneven-ness of the sleeves in that picture. Doesn't help that i'm not really standing straight either, I'm always slouching. In person the sleeves are darker than the body of the sweater, so I feel like it's really noticeable.  Then again I could just be paranoid. My boyfriend didn't notice it until I pointed it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SweetFeltAlive
Riviera

Riviera

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009 02:12:25 PM »

I have this hoodie.  I love mine the way it is but I absolutely LOVE what you did to yours.  Cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.myspace.com/razzberrieicee  (personal page)

Working on a craft myspace and etsy.
cheesefairy13
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009 07:53:19 AM »

Thanks  Grin  I'm a tad bit worried about what my friend will say.  He hasn't seen it yet but I know he loved it the way it was.  He loves me too much he'll have to forgive... I hope.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Secret to Applying False Eyelashes
Tips For Wearing Lip Liner
Top 4 Ways to Treat Dry Skin
Body-Positive Communities: A Force For Good
The Biggest Makeup Mistakes Women Over 40 Make
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...