A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
794 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Daria swap  (Read 1526 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: July 14, 2009 02:49:52 PM »

I love this show! The quotes alone could fill an entire swap Smiley

"Don't worry. I don't have low self-esteem. It's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else." -Daria, Esteemsters

"Daria, your father's trying to tell you not to judge people until you know them. You're in a brand-new school in a brand-new town. You don't want it to be Highland all over again."
"Not much chance of that happening... unless there's uranium in the drinking water here, too."
(Esteemsters)

I wanted to join a Daria swap ever since I am on craftster, only there wasn't one. It's a bit sad, Daria hasn't got a home right now. She's not on TV any more, will never be on DVD, and is constantly dragged off youtube for having one or two seconds of copyrighted music in the show. We could give her a little cozy spot on a site where she can hang around with other cool TV shows.
Okay, I just want to drool over your Daria crafts Grin
I could organize or co-organize one in August/September or any date you can make it.

Anyone want to include Beavis & Butthead as well?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009 04:48:28 PM »

i love daria....its tragic about no dvd. i like beavis and butthead too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009 04:18:50 AM »

Ack, I really want a Daria dvd... it's been AGES since I managed to watch that show last!
Not a fan of Bevis & Butthead though Smiley Not that I've seen a lot, but what I've seen didn't impress.

Helen: (reading Daria's career aptitude test evaluation sheet) A mortician? "Your lack of interest in personal interaction makes you an ideal candidate for working with the dead." Daria, have you given any thought to your career plans?
Daria: I guess I'll just wait around for people to kick the bucket.
Helen: I can't believe you're not more ambitious.
Daria: You want me to kill people to drum up business?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
sweetyetevil
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009 04:04:10 AM »

I have not seen Daria in a long time! She is so cool lol I think I would be interested in this swap and I like Beavis & Butthead too. I am such a kid that way lol the potty humor still makes me laugh...might be from having too many guy pals when I was younger...Count me in of this one goes into effect. If not, I am up for a personal swap with anyone who wants to give it a go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009 01:38:45 PM »

I'll wait a bit more to give more people time to notice this, and if we are still scraping around three, four people, we could do a mini swap or some personal swaps! I really want to do something Daria related!
Oh, and the episodes are up on youtube. Smiley The company that owns the rights has no plans of making a DVD, so I think they shouldn't fuss about having their stuff up on youtube. They don't lose any sales on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Silversark

Queen of France!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009 03:22:24 PM »

Man I am so on the train for this one.  I just am not so sure what I could craft for it.

Why is it never going to be on dvd?! That's B.S., though now it makes me glad I taped so many episodes onto VHS when it aired on The N.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make Elegant Gothic Lolita goods on commission, and sometimes I just make things for the online store!

http://silversark.etsy.com/
ntrebleagain

I see no good reason to act my age.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009 12:36:41 PM »

Oh yeah!

This would be awesome! I absolutely love this show, most people just don't get it!

How many points do you have in mind?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009 03:04:41 PM »

Not too many points... four or five, partners could still agree on more... I don't want to make it too big, so we can have people jump in who don't have the time for a big one.
What about the time? Would a sendout in late September or early October be okay?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009 07:09:14 PM »

I love Daria! I was trying to watch it on youtube the other week, but i couldn't find any full episodes. bastards for not jumping on the DVD bandwagon. I would totally be up for a small-to medium point swap, though I'll be full on swaps next week after I start organizing one-though just waiting on a feedback for a package heading overseas. When are signups going to be?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009 06:14:54 AM »

Late september sounds good, would let me finish my current swaps properly Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Metal Text in Photoshop CS3
How to Change Hair Color in Photoshop CS3
How to Add a Bevel or Emboss Blending Option to Text in Photoshop CS3
How to Add a Color Overlay to Text in Photoshop CS3
How to Add a Fill to a Title in Title Designer in Premiere CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...