A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
611 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: laser shirt  (Read 657 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

munchkinarooo
« on: July 14, 2009 01:57:37 PM »

So, I've been sailing for almost a year in a Laser 4.7, and I just went to my first stay in a hotel for the weekend regatta and they gave us this shirt. I don't want to keep it the way it is because it is huge, but I like the picture on the back of it. I don't know whether to keep it as a t shirt modified of course), make a tote or what ti make out of it.

When we were given the shirts one of my friends said that it was just another t shirt she would not be able to use. Please help me prove her wrong!!

And now... On to the pictures so that you know what you're working with!

the picture on the back:

the back:

the front (my camera decided it wanted to see blurry)

any help is greatly appreciated!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

A friend of mine that we met in Len whos father was older than him that and had a washing machine that a guy had to fix, that guys second couisn that had a sister in law that had a grandmother that had a maid that had a friend that sold tofu. Well a neighbour of hers has what you lent me.
DuctTapeRockStar
Maowzers.

Maowzers.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009 11:24:52 AM »

I think it'd be a cute reconstructed shirt. But that's coming from someone who always makes recon shirts.
It looks like a nice heavyweight shirt so it could be a nice tote...Wow I was no help!
I think it'd be really cool as like a dress...Yep I'm going with it being a dress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Greatness is more than potential. It is the execution of that potential. Beyond the raw talent. You need the appropriate training. You need the discipline. You need the inspiration. You need the drive."

~ Eric A. Burns
munchkinarooo
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009 06:22:42 AM »

thanks! But I dn't know what I'd do with the two little logos on the front, those annoy me, but maybe I could just use different fabric as well. Hmm... I'll have to think about that Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A friend of mine that we met in Len whos father was older than him that and had a washing machine that a guy had to fix, that guys second couisn that had a sister in law that had a grandmother that had a maid that had a friend that sold tofu. Well a neighbour of hers has what you lent me.
Ludi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009 07:24:21 AM »

What about a dress?

T-shirt dress inspiration:

http://smarmyclothes.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=26&zenid=e141e6cb273e3bc31bedf1fb430e2432

Tutorials on how to make them:  http://www.whatthecraft.com/tutorials.php
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexus1325
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009 06:09:45 PM »

I, too, adore Smarmy Clothes Cheesy One idea I had recently that would actually work for your shirt because the front is more or less symetrical, is to turn the shirt around, cut the collar off with the back being cut lower than the front (because the back is now the front, get it?), and then do that awesome slitting/braiding action to what is now the back but used to be the front. Plus like, taking in the sides and re-setting the sleeves or just cutting them off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

munchkinarooo
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009 12:25:49 PM »

thanks for your help! I finally made it a bit better, u can see the final result here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=314731.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Aperture 2.0
How to Make Custom Effects - LiveType
Comparison Between Maya Vs. Houdini 9 5
How to Make Personalized Macro - Shake 4.1
How to Use Final Cut Pro 6 Part 4/4
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...