A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,516
Currently Running With Scissors:
611 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My attempts at a crafty wedding  (Read 1508 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

adyldrop
« on: July 14, 2009 07:02:57 AM »

My fiance proposed on July 5th so I haven't gotten too much planned yet Smiley It was a total surprise--I knew he was coming upstate to ask my parents for their permission and blessings but I didn't know he planned on asking me a question too! We are planning a January 2010 wedding if it'll pan out. First he is moving closer to me--he's an hour and a half away--and then we need to book a venue. We don't have too much planned yet and I'm getting odd looks already when I say that I want to craft a lot of the wedding.

This is where he proposed:

Non-crafties just don't get it!! So far I have bridesmaid dresses. My boss called to tell me we had gorgeous $150 dresses on clearance for $9.00. Yup. $9. I of course had her put 3 on the side and rushed down after I got off my shift at the second location. They are beautiful!! So I got one for fiance's sister ( bridesmaid #1) and my little sister ( bridesmaid #2) and one for me  Roll Eyes cuz ya never know and for that price?!!! So this is the shot I sent fiance of me in the dress....

MOH is my older sister. That dress may take a little bit. She has been working out so we can't commit to a dress yet. And most likely my mom will have to make it. My colors are soft blue, black and touches of silver/white. So I want her to pick the style of it--I just want her to have a blue dress with black trim or black on it somewhere to tie into the other 2. We want to keep things simple. He doesn't like cake and I've wanted a cup cake tier for awhile so I'm thinking the top tier will be an apple pie for us instead of cake. I have a few other ideas floating around in my head but until we have a venue and a definite date I'm not too sure what else I can get started on!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
YarnWranglerC
Fiber

If only I could craft all the time.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009 09:23:35 AM »

There is soooo much you can do! Pick out the flowers you want. I used silk flowers, and had them made for me. You could start on that. The tute for the Coffee Filter Roses is awesome and you could totally do that! Figure out what kind of table centerpieces/place markers you want, etc etc etc. I could go on and on.
I crafted a lot of my wedding too! You are very right, non-crafters just don't get it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Open to personal swaps, especially for fiber or spinning related tools!
adyldrop
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009 09:31:52 AM »

I actually bookmarked that coffee flower tute!! I know I want my bouquet to be Purple/yellow callas and some blue and white flowers mixed in. My bridesmaids I'm thinking can be artificial to help cut costs. I want to start figuring out the design on invitations so i'll only have to make and assemble later. I've been all over here and the knot and looking through a couple books we picked up gleaning ideas! I wanted to make the cupcakes myself and that kinda got shot down. Hmmmm i am a retail manager...I can delegate!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
YarnWranglerC
Fiber

If only I could craft all the time.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009 11:10:36 AM »

Like I said I could go on and on! You can make your own jewelry, jewelry for your bridesmaids. Figure out your favors, programs, etc etc.
I love the idea of doing fake flowers for everyone. All of the flowers were silk, all of the bouquets, boutennieres, corsages. My centerpieces were dried hydrangeas.
I crafted my Invitations, Programs, Favors, Table Runners, Centerpieces, Bench Covers, Flowers, The "pew flowers" (we had rows of chairs, and my sister made flowers things to go on the ends of the rows), the Arch, signs for directions, yeah lots of work. A lot got delegated to friends, bridesmaids, family, etc, but it turned out awesome! We had family make our food, we didn't have a DJ, we just loaded up the laptop with music and had our speakers. We saved a TON of money.
You can see some pictures here- http://www.pbase.com/fuzzyone/david_and_caresse
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Open to personal swaps, especially for fiber or spinning related tools!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
New Orleans Style Stuffed Bell Peppers
Surf and Turf
How to Make Roasted Potatoes
How to Cook Fresh Green Beans
How to Cook Pork Tenderloin
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...