A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Giant Multi-Theme Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 16112 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crosswind
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2009 09:23:39 AM »

Two things:

1. Great package! I love the crocheted birdie.

2. You have realllllllly loooooong fingers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MandyLikesPie
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2009 09:35:45 AM »

2. You have realllllllly loooooong fingers!

Hee! My mom has always called them "piano fingers."  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goodtimegirl
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2009 10:49:34 AM »

I think I've lost my darn mind! (Or I'm just a flake...) Here are pictures of my a-mazing package from teriyakimoto!! Prepare to be soooo incredibly jealous!

Candy apple green...

doxie pendant and flower/leaf earrings.

bangle bracelet

owl wrist pin-cushion

There was also a knit coffee cozy, but it is sitting on my desk at work right now waiting for my Monday cup-o-tea.

Bicycles

Tote...it's already become a crafty/library book bag

Handlebar bag (soooooo cute!!)

Steampunk (a new craft for her...although you can't tell at all!)

jewelry set

Trees/Leaves

I'm so amazed everytime I look at these. I'm just waiting for cold weather!! I couldn't get a very good picture of them though.

Owls/Birds

Barrettes...I wore the black one to a wedding and got so many compliments!

And another thing that just knocked my socks off!!

(If you can't see it, that's an owl. These have already gotten so much use since my classroom is so cold.)

I couldn't get a very good picture of these either. I tried the mirror picture, and it was bad.

Thanks so much, teriyakimoto!! This was such an incredible package!! I love everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarcastra
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2009 11:37:41 AM »

Great packages, everyone!

sheepBlue / MommytheMaid
: Great package!  The anatomical heart trivets are cool.  The tree and heart pendants look so crisp and clear - what material are they made from?  The fabric for the lunch bag kit is really neat.

crosswind / queenninjamonkey: Those toadstool pins are just adorable!  I can't tell if they're made from clay or paper mache.  The jar of pickles key chain is creative choice there; funny.  The camper birdhouse is great, I love it. 

bsonlytoots / MandyLikesPie
: That little crochet bird would make a good mascot, being hand-sized and cute like it is. Good for themed photos.  The glittery bird is SO glittery!  I like the look of that big fabric bucket; I might have to sit down and make one of those for myself.  It looks so useful.

goodtimegirl / teriyakimoto
: The owl wrist pincushion is charming.  The bicycle bag is sharp looking and I like the handlebar bag, too.  Great idea for holding a few things and taking them with you with a quick unbutton of the straps.  The hair fascinators are nice and the polka dotted one is so fun looking.

Really great work, swappers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetdandies
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2009 01:36:06 PM »

I received a wonderful package from DesignVigilante! My themes were reading, the 80's, vintage/retro, owls, and citrus. Thanks for everything DesignVigilante!

Everything together

Red Hat and Slippers for my vintage theme & two hats & two bookmarks for my reading theme

Two wrist warmers for my citrus theme & an owl eye mask & really cute owl fabric

Cute citrus shopping tote, owl mug, citrus squares for an afghan I'm working on, plus yummy tea and wonderful smelling soap! I can't wait to try the chocolate tea! And for my 80's theme I got a really soft scarf and a calirometry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly!!

Buy Handmade
www.sweetdandies.et sy.com

www.wists.com/sweetdandies
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2009 01:59:40 PM »

I love the leg warmers!!  I have had a pair on my wists and on my Ravelry que for a long time. 

The pendants are shrinky dink.  I went to a craft fair and the gal in the booth next to me was selling those and I had to pick up a few for the swap and one for another swap for goodtimegirl.  I love them.  I forgot to pick one up for myself.

The lunch bag fabric has been in my stash for a while waiting for the perfect project.  When I saw that SheepBlue loves the black paired with another color and trees, I had to use it.  It was a little sad to see it go, but I am so so so happy that I could use it to make something for someone.  They are 100% waterproof and you can wash them in the washer and dryer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samantha.Arch
I want to sing another melody, so different from the one I always sing...

Live Love Learn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2009 12:27:32 AM »

Oh I love love love that dark blue hat with the buttons!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lStay crafty|
goodtimegirl
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2009 06:53:17 AM »

I've wisted so many things in this gallery. Everything is awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loobie
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2009 10:23:32 AM »

wow - what stunning packages  Cheesy

i'm going to have to go back through this thread later and get wisty!

I received the most amazing package from Sarcastra today, there are so many clever things in it! I'll be posting pics a little later  Grin

Here is the best package I have recieved in lots of pictures!!!! Thank you so much for everything Sarcastra!

Everything together (it fills my sofa - my OH said its like christmas  Smiley)

Trees / birds

a tree silhouette pin board

Hand made / painted pins - these are so cute

Some gorgeous hand-stamped notecards - I love the stamps so much!

Zakka

Amazing Place mats - I'm thinking these are from the Zakka Sewing book  Smiley I bought it recently and haven't made anything from it yet  Embarrassed  These are going to look so good on my table

mini bowls - Sarcastra said that these are made as wind chime pieces, but she thought they would be perfect as mini dishes, and I definitely agree!

Tiny things

This book is so perfect for me!!! I can't wait to bak something out of it! I think I'm going to use it to make lots of handmade christmas presents  Smiley - it does help my weight loss plan at all tho!

cute bracelet - this has really weeny flowers in resin, it gorgeous!

Buttons

This stuff is so so cool!!!!
A delicious bag with sparkly fabric inside, absolutely covered in buttons and beads, this must have taken forever to make! its stunning!
some button hair pins, grips - I need to use these very very soon  Smiley
handmade blue and silver leaf buttons - I don't know what to use these on they are so precious!
recycled glass button banner Smiley

Neil Gaiman's American Gods

These are the cleverest items, I think these are my favourite for the thinking thats gone into them  Cheesy

Wednesday's Raven's on hair sticks; the Wolves that carried Shadow and Wednesday; Goddess earrings; Buffalo Hair grip (don't know the right name for this kind of hair thing sorry Undecided) ; a Liberty Dollar like the one plucked from the sky for Shadow; World Tree pony tailer.

Each item has the part of the book that it was inspired by attached to it. Love them so much!!

and tonnes and tonnes of extras - loads of hersey kissses (the cherry ones might be open already they are my favourite!) Lots of postcards, yummy candles, soap and a quarter from wyoming, and some wedding cake brads because I'm getting marreid next year, these are so cute!

thank you, thank you, thank you Sarcastra!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009 02:45:52 PM by loobie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got the eeby geeby's!
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2009 12:16:02 AM »

rira got the two boxes I sent her a while ago - and the package from jloveg (I swapped things to her to make something for rira in the IYP) was delivered on the 4th, so I am going to go ahead and post some photos as rira had sent a brief PM that she could not find her camera cord a while ago, and I guess she still can't find it  Undecided

most of the pics are clickable  Wink
----------

her first theme was "fandom" which she defined as Twilight or Harry Potter, for which I was doing a medium and three smalls, that became a large and three smalls, LOL!  Grin Those bracelets are time consuming and expensive to make!  Cheesy this is not the best photo but I think I managed to get most of the things that are usually included in a Twilight themed bracelet, though I used a silver heart instead of a crystal one - and I added a pinecone as well as leaves for the forest, a piece of coral/sponge for the beach, and used tiger eye and red tiger eye for the amber and red eyes - and black lace agate for the time between day and night that is twilight (they are black and white striped)

there are quidich earrings for Harry Potter (from her wists), crystal ball earrings (also from her wists), and some earrings that were dangly "fork" earrings that matched the Twilight themed bracelet. There is also a crystal ball on the bracelet to match the crystal ball earrings.  Wink
--------

next for a large and small, there was a theme of "monochromatic" with several colors to choose from and I picked black as there was some overlap between that and the fandom theme that way, and I did extras because I knew that jloveg would likely send her part a week late - jloveg sent her an awesome messenger bag from fabrics I sent her (blacks and grays actually) and a small pouch to go with it - I saw pics and it is just as well she sent them directly to rira or it may have been too hard for me to let them go!  Roll Eyes  When jloveg posts pics in the IYP swap gallery, I will post a link to them.

I sent her some things also on her wists -
the black fan earrings and the black magnetic rounds necklace were both on her wists, and I also included a magnetic bracelet length (all in blacks and grays), and a second pair of earrings
------------

then she had the theme of animals with a list of her fav animals that included turtles and cats, which I did the 2 mediums for, but it ended up 2 mediums and a small as I could not resist making the turtle earrings

one necklace is strands of seed beads with a lampwork glass pendant with a cat on it and the other is a pendant made of carved abalone shell with a sea turtle, with smokey quartz, fossil sponge/coral, and some green aventurine to draw out the irridescent greens in the pendant
-----------

this theme was "booze" which, since I don't drink much, I went searching her wists and found a "chemistry set" for mixing drinks and so I gathered all the bits for that, and wrapped them each in bubble wrap with tons of labels that said "school property, return to potions lab" with the Hogwarts school emblem on it (I thought it was a cute way to get some overlapping of her themes). That was the large and then for the small, I did some greeting cards that all had themes about drinking or having a party - most of them were blank inside. I also sent along the rest of the Hogwarts labels for fun, but didn't take a pic of those.  Grin

for a size reference - the cards are 5X7 and the little 50ml beakers are about what I would consider a double shot glass size - and yes, that is a martini shaker, LOL!  Cheesy
--------

finally, for the six smalls, is her theme of "Childhood"  Cheesy she said that meant things like jumping in puddles and dandelians and blowing bubbles

I sent her    a photo album
I figured that every adult would think of looking at photos of when they were kids when they thought of childhood. I covered it with fabric myself - which I had to get my sister to teach me how to do by email - and used polka dots for it, thinking in my mind that was appropriate for a childhood theme and reminded me of bubbles - the inside is another fabric that has smaller polka dots on it and a big R (for her craftster username) - and it is full of those sheets for putting 3X5 pics into. Also in this pic there are lampwork earrings with rubber ducks, and some with monkey heads, and then the cluster earrings have barefoot feet, some charms that are "handprints" and a few other childhood related charms like a cup that says baby on it

my mom made this bag
It wasn't a great bag, as it is a prototype and isn't lined, but I thought it was a keen idea, it reminded me of bubbles and thought it better to share it than have mom tear it apart for scraps - there is a pocket with crayons on the outside and I added some sheets of printout coloring book pages of pics of children doing childish things (including jumping in puddles, blowing bubbles, and wishing on dandelians) that would work well as templates for an embroidery project or stenciling or something

the necklace is a chakra necklace (from her wists also) which is sort of a rainbow so I figured it would fit this theme (wishing on a rainbow being something I did as a child)

and I made this for fun  

it is a shrine to childhood and says "lions and tigers and bears ... oh my!"  ---  considering how much I hate glue, this was actually kind of fun, LOL! It is inside of a grade schoolers pencil box that was covered in things like numbers and shapes and letters and what not - so the only thing I did to the outside was cover the bar code with a pic of a doll. Due to my limited skill with glue, I hope it got there intact, LOL!  Wink
-----------

as you can see this package is overly heavy with jewelry, so if I hadn't gotten creative with some outsourcing and some flat out purchasing items it would have not been all that fun of a package, but I think I managed to pull it together by adding the extra bits in to get it out of the Jewelry Overload Mode! LOL!  Cheesy

hope you like it all rira!

Ronda
blessings!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009 12:26:38 AM by RondaS » THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tyler Colman Reveals
Cindy Gerard Talks About Risk No Secrets
Meet Dr. Zhi Gang Sha
David Hazony Talks About The Ten Commandments
Jon Scieszka Reads from Truckery Rhymes
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...