A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,048
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Giant Multi-Theme Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 16499 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2009 03:14:22 AM »

this is where the pics jloveg took of the bag she sent rira on my behalf are located:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=312277.msg3692083#msg3692083

thanks so much for posting the pics jloveg!

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2009 07:19:05 AM »

I thought that was made for you, Ronda!  LOL!  I got kinda upset for a minute as you had asked me for a bag on our personal swap, and there you go already having requested one and received it already Smiley  But, it turns out that isn't for you, so I'm happy again Smiley  Hope rira enjoys it, looks really great! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
RondaS

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2009 01:00:25 PM »

slippery critter aren't I?!?  Roll Eyes

now why would I ask you to make me a bag and then have someone else make one? though I think jloveg is going to make another one for me, if I ever get her embroidery finished for her - but it will be to go with my overnight bag she had made me already, to supplement my luggage  Grin

no worries though - the one you are making me is greatly anticipated and will be loved and wanted and used daily, LOL!  Kiss

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Brightest Blessings!
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2009 08:02:59 PM »

I love all the goodies in this gallery!  There are so many creative, thoughtful, and well-crafted items.

Just to let everyone know, I will be away from craftster this weekend as I celebrate my son's 13th b-day.  I will catch up on feedback, sending statuses, and more Monday (maybe Sunday night if I just can't stay away).

Thanks you to everyone who is posting fabulous pictures in this gallery! Kiss
(I'll be posting my pictures of my fabulous package as soon as this big b-day is over.  Prepare to covet my goodies! Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samantha.Arch
I want to sing another melody, so different from the one I always sing...

Live Love Learn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2009 08:04:23 PM »

I'm so stinkin excited for you to post pics Pinkleo!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lStay crafty|
Sarcastra
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2009 08:17:25 PM »

I received from Loobie on Thursday evening and she made a ton of fantastic stuff!
(click for slightly bigger pictures)

She wrapped every single thing in colorful tissue, then in cellophane.  My dining table was full of colorful goodness.  It was like a surprise birthday party just for me.

Theme 1: woodland creatures.

I had an item like this on my wish list.  It is a desktop pincushion.  It is wonderfully enormous.  I never move my pincushion from my desk and I wanted one big enough to fit all my types of pins as well as all my different needles easily together.  This will hold everything!  She made adorable customized pins with wooden bunnies on the ends just for me.  Loobie also stamped and colored little cards and matching envelopes, which I something I always need.  Such cute bunnies.

Theme 2: dinosaurs.

Loobie hand painted two pieces of dinosaur art for me to hang in my workshop and made knotted hangers built on to them so I can put them right up. At the bottom are some sharp dinosaur ATCs.  Dinosaur shape and track print bookmarks are in the middle.  On the upper right is a hanging definition decoration with bits about dinosaurs on them.  It is a bit hard to see in the photo because the pieces are dimensional, not flat, and they hang like a dinosaur information mobile.  Great stuff.

Theme 3: coffee.

Lower left, a pouch for coffee accessories already holding some flavored syrups for me to try.  Upper left, a stoneware coffee mug in a great size.  In the middle is a cross stitched hanging ornament - those stitches are so tiny and perfect!  The other side of the sachet says, "Coffee Crazy" which, yes, I am.  Loobie is a stitching pro, folks!  On the upper right, there is a coffee coaster and hot pad set, four for cups and a big one for our French press.  They are lined with a heat reflective interior so they'll protect my table from the mug heat.  In the lower right she sent some freshly ground coffee from a local company there in her neighborhood, which I have sampled and declare to be quite tasty.

Here is the back side of the coffee mug.  Some days, this is the truth!

Theme 4: travel.

On the right is a snap closure address book covered in old-fashioned maps. The big item there is a crochet project bag so I can take some crafty work with me when I travel, which is often.  It ties closed on the sides and when opened ...

...  it holds three separate bags; one for hooks and needles, one for patterns and notes and the big one for the yarn project itself.  All the bags have snaps on them so they can be used individually or be held in place in the bag together and closed up to carry away.  I love this bag and I LOVE the fabrics she has used; they are stellar!  Loobie, you have created an excellent, modular, useful and beautiful project bag here.  I give it my 100% approval as a traveling crocheter.  And without a pattern!  (She made it all up herself - grab her for an IYP, guys!)  This is really just spectacular.  Also, really soft.  I keep fondling it.

Theme 5: combo theme; dreams & sleep and fortunetelling

On the left is an altered mini-clipboard with fortunetelling images and a tissue effect of some kind.  On the back (not pictured) is a decoupage of an old style witchboard. On the upper right is a dream box.  It opens up to small, round discs of paper so I can keep it by my bed and jot down dream notes before I forget them.  I've already used it and have a paperclip separating the written ones from the blank discs, ready to go. Below that is a pair of dangley earrings with clear and black beads and a star at the end.  I've worn them out already and received compliments.  In the middle, a group of semi-precious stones turned in to magnets.  My friends saw these and squealed in delight.  They also love them and will be making their own, since I wouldn't share.  At the bottom are art squares of all the Zodiac signs.

Extras and local items.

At my request, Loobie went out and hunted down some just released mythical creature stamps there in the UK.  The art is excellent and I will be using these in some collages.  A postcard of Nottingham, a cute bunny card to tell me details about all the items, some funny tissues (which I will be using at work to self-dose with humor!) another cute bunny, a pen from her area, a tiny red UK post box key chain and a pretty watercolor card, again of her local area.  I don't know if I can use that card, I may display it as is!

Finally, everything together.  Loobie, you did a top-notch job on everything in this swap!  I can tell you put a lot of thought, effort and work into every single item and I really appreciate it.  Thank you very much.

Also, thanks again to pinkleo for wielding control over such a big, involved and long-running swap, with finesse.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009 08:22:02 PM by Sarcastra » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2009 03:34:47 PM »

Grin Here are the fantastic items that Samantha.Arch sent me. Grin

**FORTUNE**
Maneki Neko Notecards

Maneki Neko Socks

Fortune Earrings

Bag of Fortunes

Maneki Neko Charm

Maneki Neko Ring Holder

NOTE: This pic is here twice (fortune & monsters).  Sadly, the poor kitty tail broke during ship Cry, but I know I can fix it quick. Grin

Fortune Cube

**GREEN MAN**
Group Shot

Inchie Picture

Wall Hanging

Necklace

**CONSTELLATIONS**
Constellation Blanket

Shooting Star Bracelet

**SPACE INVADERS**
Tee

Socks

Barrette

**CUTE MONSTERS**
Group Shot

Journals

Earrings

Coin Pouch

Magnets

As promised here is this picture again. Wink Cheesy

**EXTRAS**
Leo Bookmarks

Handpainted Twilight Rocks

Yarn, Inchies, Fuzzy Fabric, Rose Charms

Kiss Thank you so much Samantha.Arch.  I just adore everything.  You are so creative and thoughtful! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2009 07:56:42 PM »

ORGANIZER NOTE: I have updated sending statuses and feedbacks.  Please check to make sure everything is correct.  PM me if there are mistakes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS

« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2009 12:59:14 PM »

the "Shooting Star Bracelet" looks like a full chakra of ten colors - very nice! and I love the bag of furtune cookies, LOL! how fun to think up things to do with those!

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brightest Blessings!
loobie
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2009 01:06:08 PM »

ooh I love the monster stuff and the space invaders stuff  Smiley very funky!

Sarcastra - yey, I'm so glad that you liked everything, I was so worried after recieving such an amazing package from you  Smiley you picture taking is so good too!

I second Sarcastra aswell - a big thank you to pinkleo for organising a brilliant swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got the eeby geeby's!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Doug Jaeger on How Photography Passion Plays Into Creative Career
OneMore
PlayItAgain
GlassGirl
Nature Photography in Yellowstone Park
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...