A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,362
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Giant Multi-Theme Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 20149 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MommyTheMaid
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2009 04:14:57 PM »

The beehive pin cushion is awesome!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2009 07:08:07 PM »

I received from MommytheMaid yesterday and finally got around to taking pictures of my massive stash  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I tried to take pictures in groups so its a bit easier on craftster's bandwidth LOL

Theme 1: Anatomy
Included were eyeball and zombie finger candy (YUM!), anatomical heart trivets, chest diagram muslim produce bags, day of the dead napkins and placemats (another theme I gave her for an option  Smiley), a day of the dead wrist cuff, an anatomical heart pendant, and an anatomical heart shirt! Soooo soo cool!

Theme 2: Black and Red
She thoughtfully made me an awesome shrug and wash cloths - I can't knit so I treasure anything knitted LOL

Theme 3: Housewares/Housewife
I just moved into my first apartment and MtM did her darnest to help me out! LOL There's homemade laundry soap, tons of yummy coffee, more muslin bags with trees printed on it, an apron and potholder set with cupcakes that go with a tempting chocolate recipe book! a recipe box so I can keep all my recipes in it, and some gorgeous tree notecards that I'll probably end up using for swapping

Theme 4: Trees
I love trees and MtM made me an awesome lunch bag kit complete with sandwich bag, snack bag, untensil roll. As well she made a bunch of napkins in matching fabric to go with it. And the tree pendant pictured above that is really neat too - is that shrinky dink? Mine never look that perfect.

Theme 5: Upcycled/Recycled
For this theme MtM decided to knit me some cool things all made out of recycled plastic!! I never knew recycled plastic yarn could be so soft  Cheesy I love this set!!! I'm going to be so toasty for winter, and pretty rad looking too hehe.

Thank you so much MommytheMaid for an awesome swap! I'll be using all this stuff for a long time to come  Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MommyTheMaid
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2009 11:53:09 PM »

I am so glad you liked it all!  I had fun making it.  I hope you like the recipes that are inside the box too.  Some of them are family handed down and the chocolate cream pie goes back like 6 or 7 generations or something crazy.  I was so worried the shrug wouldn't fit right so thank you for the action shots!!  you look so cute in the hat and wrist warmers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loobie
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2009 11:37:59 AM »

Brilliant Packages  Smiley

I love the Totoro stuff - I watched this for the first time the other day, I loved it!

The bee hive pin cushion is so cute - I really like the idea of weighing it down!

cool handwarmers I would love some of those  Smiley

I'm so excited, my package cleared UK Customs this morning according to USPS tracking, yey! I'm really really hoping it will get to me tomorrow  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got the eeby geeby's!
teriyakimoto
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2009 01:55:10 PM »

I can't believe I forgot to add that goodtimegirl also bought me an extra for being a bit late.  They were two of the cutest Totoro towels you've ever seen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crosswind
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2009 10:28:38 AM »

I finally had a spare moment to take some pictures of the seriously stupendous package that queenninjamonkey sent me and here they are!

First we have log/woodgrain: a ceramic cup/pencil holder, magnets, a beautiful bracelt, some beads, stationary, a lovely necklace with 2 additional pendants, a freakin' awesome pincushion straight off my wist (as are several other things she sent) with some toadstool pins (which was another of my themes), and super ring

Next up is my pickle theme: I am in love with needle punch embroidery thanks to queenninjamonkey and this sawheet pickle dude, and a way cute jar of pickles key chain

For my Zakka theme: a squirrel toaster cover (from Zakka Sewing, a book I must go out and get), the cutest little house coasters (also from Zakka Sewing), and some cute rubber stamps (a squirrel and a tree).  And get this....all HAND sewn!

For my Garden theme: A very nice retro camper birdhouse, a gorgeous stepping stone (the postage...egads!), and some yummy smelling hand scrub for after gardening (no pictures of it though - it is in my office with the lid off trying to banish the stench of a coworkers tiger balm)

And for Ms. Jane Austen: A what would Jane Austin do tshirt (this seriously rocks) and a beautiful altered box

And after all that there are even some extras (truly you spoiled me queenninjamonkey!) butterfly notecards and stickers (another of my possible themes) and a gorgeous necklace from my wist

I love love love everything.  Thank you so much queenninjamonkey!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009 11:25:04 AM by crosswind » THIS ROCKS   Logged
teriyakimoto
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2009 10:32:18 AM »

WOW!  I'm impressed by your handiwork queenninjamonkey!  I love everything in the pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2009 12:18:57 PM »

I love the Dill needlework!  And her handsewing is really some of the best work I have seen (we were partners on the 100 facts swap) Smiley  Great stuff!!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009 12:19:07 PM by TheSapphireMoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2009 04:13:46 PM »

What's the Dill?  I love that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MandyLikesPie
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2009 07:04:08 AM »

Here's my package for bsonlytoots.  Smiley

Theme: Birdies

A crocheted bird, a glittered bird, bird earrings, a pin cushion, and a paper cutout. This photo doesn't really show much, so please post a better one if you have it, bs!  Smiley

Bird tea towel. I really like this and am going to make one for myself!

And a better look at the crocheted bird.  Smiley

Theme: Hot pink and black

Stuff for her daughter's room: a fabric bucket and a photo frame.

Theme: Girly garden

For her other daughters' room, three hanging bags (about a foot tall and a couple inches deep) with flower appliques.

And a crocheted cactus!

Theme: 50s housewife with funny sayings

A tray decoupaged with images from a 60s cookbook, and a set of washcloths packaged with a 50s image of a woman setting a table. (I added a funny saying after the photo was taken.  Smiley)

Theme: Amy Butler fabric

A set of coasters!

An apron. I wanted to keep the design simple to show off the fabric.

I'm glad you liked/loved everything, bs!  Cheesy

I also received from bsonlytoots during the week, but there are a couple more things coming (yay!!!), so I'm going to wait to post everything at once.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Change Composition in Photoshop
How to Work with hue/saturation in Photoshop
How to create an action in Photoshop Part 2/2
How to Create Baby Photos in Photoshop
How to Create a Gradient in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...