A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,527
Currently Running With Scissors:
339 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: small bust, big everything else. Need help..  (Read 11564 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

michellesangel
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2009 02:04:13 AM »

Craftsters are the kindest people Smiley You're all amazing and I can't thank you enough for everything that's been said. The constant comments about my facial structure has had me taking a seriously long, hard look in the mirror!!

Gok said I am a "Perfect Pear" too and the only difference I see is that a Plus Perfect Pear isn't quite the same. While I am sure I can utilise a lot of his advice, there are also clear things to avoid.

I don't think there is anything all that wrong with a plus figure, except the obvious health concerns (which some experts scoff at), but somewhere along the way society decided thin was in. After all the points you made ScotSkipper, they probably just got bored with the pear shape that had been favoured for so long Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScotSkipper402
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2009 08:29:13 AM »

After all the points you made ScotSkipper, they probably just got bored with the pear shape that had been favoured for so long Wink

If you keep something long enough, it always comes back in style Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
freckle_juice
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2009 08:36:04 PM »

Well, I havent read all of the posts but quite a few. I agree with a lot of them...I am also a pear with a US 14/16 on top and an 18/20 on bottom and my chest is a small B....but thank god for padded and push up bras! but what I have found that helps balance my figure are the lovely (and instyle) puff sleeves! I think it balances out my rear a bit, helping bring in my waist line....but in my opinion you have to be careful with the puff sleeve....some get a bit generous on the fabric and leave you looking like a clown! I agree with these ladies though you are beautiful!

and to everyone else (as far as dressing the pear shape) i have found your input very helpful as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Novismom
Just Don't Call Me Ma'am

Good girls are bad girls who haven't been caught!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2009 09:29:37 PM »

A lot of my tips are already posted. I'll tell you my personal story, though.

I was perfectly proportioned before giving birth in 2008.  I was all top heavy with a D cup on a US size 8 being 5 foot 9 after giving birth, and now after breast feeding for 18 months I am barely a B/C on a size 12.

Here is what I am doing to help myself look a little even:

1.   My pants are boot cut and a mid waist with a long waist band to hold in the pooch. My skirts are A-line. This means the bottoms flare a bit to match my wider hips.
2.   My prints are always on the scarves or the blouses, NEVER the pants! (Solids only from the hips down, darker colors from the hips down.) Vertical stripes and patterns hips down and horizontals only ac ross the breast. Never at my stomach or hip section.
3.   My blazers reach my hips. No cropped tops and nothing that slips over my buttocks. In fact, I try to wear tailored jackets but leave them open so I dont feel confined, my pooch does not make the middle of the jacket buckle and yet I seem to have an accentuated waist.
4.   The last thing I discovered is to choose simple basics with slightly detailed accessories.
5.   I wear the proper size. Oversized or tight clothing really does work against me. Or you. Both, I am sure.

I will never be the svelte 6 that I was before my daughter. My biggest beauty secret is that I embrace that I have this figure for a reason (my beloved baby) and the confident smile I wear distracts people from staring at the parts that stick out further than my bust.

Experiment with colors and patterns. If you find something that seems to work, make sure you use that pattern for other colors. No shame in sticking to the style that works best on you. You can always add details to mix it up.

Be sure to show us some of your "afters"! Smiley
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009 09:39:18 PM by Novismom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music."
Novismom
Just Don't Call Me Ma'am

Good girls are bad girls who haven't been caught!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2009 09:36:59 PM »

I should add that a size 12 is below the average but if your hips and stomach protrude your bust, it still looks a bit off. By no means do I call myself plus size, and I do not mean to offend anyone who happens to wear a size larger. I have enjoyed myself as a 14-16 and as a 4+6. So long as I stay healthy, I stay happy. I only intended to share my tips on how to show better hip to bust proportion. I just realized that I could have hurt some feelings.  Kiss

*Edit* I am a 12, not a 10. I am in the process of tossing clothes to the craft bin and I just realized the 10s are the ones that get tossed for being too tight.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009 09:41:36 PM by Novismom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music."
icandostufftough
MELONhead

cant help myself

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2011 10:46:56 AM »

awesome neck shoulder and arms dont hide em! It's silly but just because a body part(thats not or boobs) are big we get self concinece. Its a body part, part of our body. Beautiful. dig yourself
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"reality leaves alot to the imagination"

I dig things and people
Baloo
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2011 09:26:38 PM »

*joins small boob and big belly club*
You are so pretty don't hide your body away in drapey clothes unless that is the look you are going for. Wear figure hugging clothes if you want, don't let your shape dictate what you wear, if you want to wear 'that' top then you wear it. It's time fat ladies stop being scared to wear things because of being fat either embrace the largeness or tone up and stop grumbling about it.
[/rant]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dobby didn't mean to kill, just maim or seriously injure!"

My pinterest: http://pinterest.com/iridescentbaloo/

I am up for personal swaps! Just PM me! =D
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Transitional Booties to Step Seamlessly Into Fall
How to Pick a Prom Dress
Cold Weather Fashion Guide
The Best Swimsuit Styles for Large-Busted Women
The Best Swimsuit Styles for Pear-Shaped Women
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...