A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,110
Currently Running With Scissors:
708 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Have a Disease Round 4 (sign up closed send out 10/12/09)  (Read 21620 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Songs4Drowning
lost soul livin' in a fish bowl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #360 on: October 12, 2009 06:10:19 PM »

I've just got my knitted item to finish up for Lo{ve} tonight. On Saturday, there was a shooting in the parking lot of our apartment complex. A stray round went through our kitchen windows (which are double glass!) and embedded itself into a wooden stud in the wall on the other side. Luckily no one was hurt (I had just been in front of that window a few minutes before-hand, cooking dinner!). It was early in the evening, and thankfully for ONCE there weren't a million kids playing out in the lot. The apartment play ground and a large lot that is generally unused is usually filled with kids riding bikes and playing ball. I'm not sure if the shooters were caught, but it was really scary! My nerves are completely shot, and I haven't been able to sleep more than 30 minutes at a time since then, so I've gotten a lot done on the knitting when I was first worried that I would be sending late! I think Craftster and Ravelry are the only things keeping me sane this week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Faren
Sit and Spin

I am Sci-Fi

« Reply #361 on: October 12, 2009 06:19:26 PM »

Wow, that's scary!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly!

My Wists  http://wists.com/Faren
http://www.flickr.com/photos/faren422/

New hand spun yarns listed! 2/27/10
http://www.annellsannex.etsy.com
Lo{ve}
« Reply #362 on: October 12, 2009 10:05:05 PM »

oh my goodness that's terrible! i'm glad you are safe but that is just insane!

craftster is also the only thing keeping me going right now! i've been in the hospital so much lately for my lungs and i feel like everyone has given up on me. my boy toy broke it off for good because "i'm too much of a hassle, and too emotional" for him. how shitty! and my friends have stopped visiting me. so i've been a lonely kid. i try to stay crafty but lately i'm just too tired and all i want to do is sleep!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
babalina58
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #363 on: October 12, 2009 10:47:44 PM »

Love I am so sorry for all that is going on with you right now. I wish there was sormething more then just listen to you that we could all do. I wish I had a spell to cast or majic fairy dust to wave and we all be well. Just know your not alone here. We are all here for the same thing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
pseudo_pix

It's okay paper tiger

« Reply #364 on: October 12, 2009 11:37:50 PM »

craftster is also the only thing keeping me going right now! i've been in the hospital so much lately for my lungs and i feel like everyone has given up on me. my boy toy broke it off for good because "i'm too much of a hassle, and too emotional" for him. how shitty! and my friends have stopped visiting me. so i've been a lonely kid. i try to stay crafty but lately i'm just too tired and all i want to do is sleep!

What a prick, Love. It sounds like a clich but it's true: You deserve so much more than him - eventhough it might be dificult to see that right now.

Goin in and out of hospital isn't easy either no matter how many visiters you have. And it can be even more scary to your friends than to you. I would totally visit you! There is just soo many darn miles from Denmark to Kentucky Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Mitten Project is a year of mittens! Each week a new mitten and you get to choose which ones should be knit. In the end three pairs will be given away to you readers.

Facebook page of TMP
babalina58

« Reply #365 on: October 13, 2009 06:27:51 AM »

DENMARK...OMG we should all fly to you wew would ALL feel better I think!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pseudo_pix

It's okay paper tiger

« Reply #366 on: October 13, 2009 08:42:03 AM »

To me or to Love? I'm confused (in general today)!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Mitten Project is a year of mittens! Each week a new mitten and you get to choose which ones should be knit. In the end three pairs will be given away to you readers.

Facebook page of TMP
babalina58

« Reply #367 on: October 13, 2009 11:22:48 AM »

To me or to Love? I'm confused (in general today)!

All the American gals here one party filght of sickos to visit you in Denmark..You have pillows or do we bring our own? I am ready for a vacation for my illness and family so You ready for house guests OHHH we could all craft while we are there, gripe, moan and just undersand we feel like crap and it is OK to gripe about it as long as we can craft a bit life is still going to be OK!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eemmjj

all things must pass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: October 13, 2009 01:19:40 PM »

Sad So sorry to hear that, Love. And Songs4Drowning, that had to be so scary! There have been a lot of drive by shootings in my city lately and it is making me paranoid, so I can only imagine how you feel.

Guys, looks like I will have to send late which totally bums me out Sad I have all my stuff finished and planned to go to the post office today but it's 3:13 and I haven't been able to get out of bed. I had to give a speech yesterday in class and my blood pressure was really low, so my heart was just racing all afternoon and it wore me out. My husband has a few hours free tomorrow, so he should be able to mail the package if I am still too worn out. I hate how unpredictable my health is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lo{ve}
« Reply #369 on: October 13, 2009 02:33:13 PM »

wohhoooo vacation! i'm in! hahaha i think we all need a get away!

songs4drowning, today i picked up something AMAZING for you. i don't like that i'm having to send a bit late but hopefully these will make up for it. i did a bit of stalking and once i saw you were wanting them i just had to get you some!

also, i've learned to love the schedule pick up for packages, it makes it so much easier than trying to get out of the house and make it to the post office!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adding Luminosity to an Image
How to use Animation Presets in After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 Tutorial - Reconnecting Footage
The Orton Effect in Photoshop
Adding Texture to a Reflection in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...