A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fill a me stocking because my DH isn't so good at that sort of thing swap  (Read 13304 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: September 11, 2009 03:43:38 AM »

I love to make homemade gifts for people.  ANd with the economy/medical bills/and just our regular monthly bills it seems near impossible to spend more then $5.00 on anyone.  Plus, of course we want to spend even more on our son.  So, I try to make homemade gifts all the time.  And most of my family love and appreciate what I make for them.  However, without saying names there are some people on my gift giving list that are material-istic (spelling?)  which means, they dont like anything homemade, they expect us to spent money on some huge expensive gift for them.  I mean, when they open the gift, and you can see on their face that they are thinking "Oh my gosh, how dare she have the nerve to make me a homemade gift!  How cheep!  I cant believe her husband actually agreed to have her make the gifts instead of buying a gift!"  And its that way on thier birthdays too.  I mean serioulsy, If they are that greedy then fine, let them be.  But, it does kinda make me dread Christmas/birthdays because I think,  "great another year of that awkward "Its so tacky I recieved I homemade gift from them" look on their faces.  That, and the fact that I put alot of time and love into every gift that I make.  To only have certain people toss it aside and be ungreatful.  Hmmmm........I grew up knowing that Christmas was about spending time with your family.  So, its sad to know that some people only see Christmas as a time to recieve big expensive gifts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
evilsarah
« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2009 09:29:15 AM »

I love this! I don't have a DH...I do have a D"boy I have played house with for 6 years" and he SUCKS at stuff like this. He's your typical go big or go home kind of guy, so the present front has been great...but it's not the same.

I think you should put on the questionare if partner and I want to swap stockings as well...because I don't have one.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gammykatie

I would be unstoppable If I could just get started

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2009 03:59:38 PM »

-snip-So, its sad to know that some people only see Christmas as a time to recieve big expensive gifts.
those are the people who would only get a card from me the next time....  even if they are "family"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We make a Living by what we get, We make a Life by what we give.  - Winston Churchilll

http://www.wists.com/gammykatie

2010 - 3/XX                     I won't read Blogs!
Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #193 on: September 15, 2009 04:43:12 PM »

Oh I LOVE this idea, every year my family all talks about how "Santa" doesn't ever fill Mom's stocking...funny how it has NEVER dawned on any of them that they could throw a little summin' in there.
I would spoil another Mom and be more than happy to have a full stocking for once. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
InShambles
« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2009 06:56:14 PM »

I would love to do this swap! I do not have an OH and eventhough I am the youngest of my family, I have somehow ended up in charge of ALL holiday planning...which means that I make Christmas special for everyone else and they fail miserably when it comes to me! Especially where stockings are concerned.  Undecided And of course the stocking is my favorite part. Plus, I am really looking forward to spoiling someone silly.  Grin
I will be sending out my first swap package tomorrow, so I will be crossing my fingers that it gets to Australia before sign-ups for this swap close. Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist - http://wists.com/InShambles
Art + Music = Happiness
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #195 on: September 23, 2009 08:11:39 PM »

I am getting really excited about this swap starting up.  I finish 2 hefty swaps next week and then can just focus on dotees and stocking stuffers.  I look forward to getting my partner's briefing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #196 on: October 04, 2009 01:43:39 PM »

Did I miss the signups on this one?  It's been a while since I've heard anything, and it seems like sign-ups were supposed to be in Oct., right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #197 on: October 04, 2009 02:20:37 PM »

Sounds fun - I like the idea of shipping to someone else so it will be a surprise. I hope I didn't miss the sign-ups either?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zuliblu
« Reply #198 on: October 04, 2009 07:42:48 PM »

I am sooooo in Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LittleMissMoonshine

"I am a werecow MOOO-OOO"

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 05, 2009 12:39:57 AM »

omg I am so in...

Last year I bought my manmeat 30 dollars of stuff for his stockings, warned him 2 months before christmas that he needed to get my stocking done too... he gave me my gift 2 weeks after christmas with nooo stocking... it was depressing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think Ive lerked too long... 4 years is a long time right?

Walt Disney World for the 6th time in less then 3 weeks!!!

http://needleinfoot.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Anarchy in the Organism Artwork at London Cancer Hospital
Lightroom 2 Layout Features
Smart Collections in Lightroom 2
Using the Filter Bar in Lightroom 2
All About Collections in Lightroom 2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...