A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,509
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fill a me stocking because my DH isn't so good at that sort of thing swap  (Read 13230 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

princessblueberry
« Reply #180 on: September 10, 2009 11:29:06 AM »

I just signed up for the stocking swap 5 for this very reason...I may have to do both  Grin
Who knows I may have that one practically finished before the sign up of this one...

My hubby had a 3 hours conversation with me two nights ago about canceling Christmas  Tongue  Yep, and next thing you'll be telling me to stop breathing....my compromise, since the kiddos (toddler and one on the way) will both have B-Days within 2 weeks of Christmas so Christmas is now stocking suffers only, even the big gathering with the in-laws & our-laws.  I still don't trust him to help fill my stocking...although I do have drill bits and driver bits on order ('be careful...don't break my tools...') and he will get those for my stockings Black Friday when they are 1/5th the price.  Yep, had him totally flabergasted when I told him to save them for my stocking...I could see him thinking 'you mean I can get away with that?'  to which I said...only because they are for my crafts, things that you would have to buy like toaster, vacuum and such don't count...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
greenfaerie
« Reply #181 on: September 10, 2009 12:40:03 PM »

I will NEVER cancel Christmas.  My gosh what's wrong with these people?!  The first year my hubby and I were married, we could only afford $40.  We used it to buy the biggest tree.  No gifts but handmade, but Christmas is about sparkly lights and love and peace and you just can't cancel that!  The fact that people would even think that not buying gifts cancels Christmas is a sign they have their priorities in the wrong place!  All us cool kids on this thread know that hard core lol!

Glad you talked some sense into the hubster lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big collection of Kenmore presser feet to swap/trade/sell!!  Ruffler foot, etc.  Please PM for details!
Wist!
greenfaerie
« Reply #182 on: September 10, 2009 12:40:58 PM »

You can still start saving a dollar a week until sendouts NOW.  That way we'll have the cash to send lol!

I think I'm going to start doing that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big collection of Kenmore presser feet to swap/trade/sell!!  Ruffler foot, etc.  Please PM for details!
Wist!
elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #183 on: September 10, 2009 01:17:28 PM »

You can still start saving a dollar a week until sendouts NOW.  That way we'll have the cash to send lol!

I think I'm going to start doing that!

I LOVE this idea!  I am totally going to do it.  Instead of tipping my barista for my overpriced lattes, I will keep the dollar and save it for christmas. 

I was absolutely kidding!  (I've already given up my overpriced lattes.  Cry )  I am going to try and save $5 a week.  Totally doable. 

Just over 100 days until Christmas Day.  106 days and counting.   Shocked Shocked Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
greenfaerie
« Reply #184 on: September 10, 2009 01:56:44 PM »

AGHH!  LOL, you'd better be kidding.  I'm out of college, etc etc, but my income relies on tips!  Wink

106 days.  YIKES!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist!
sugaree
.:loser:.

If I was a bed, I would stay unmade.

« Reply #185 on: September 10, 2009 02:07:05 PM »

I will NEVER cancel Christmas.  My gosh what's wrong with these people?!  The first year my hubby and I were married, we could only afford $40.  We used it to buy the biggest tree.  No gifts but handmade, but Christmas is about sparkly lights and love and peace and you just can't cancel that!  The fact that people would even think that not buying gifts cancels Christmas is a sign they have their priorities in the wrong place!  All us cool kids on this thread know that hard core lol!

true. that. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*shut up you know nothing know it all*~

.:when you wist upon a star:.  http://www.wists.com/sugaree
princessblueberry
« Reply #186 on: September 10, 2009 02:15:11 PM »

His family was raised with the give give my aspect of the holidays, or that is his opinion, and with all the songs, adds and such being geared that way it just ruins the hole holiday for him.  I think his mom is just like me an enjoys giving...there were times that meant all our presents were from Salvation Army, one year I made ornaments out of $2 of fabric, and when I could I'd have fun shopping.  Even getting him to snuggle and watch the holiday movies turns him into Mr.Scrooge.  

Growing up we'd hop in the car and go for a drive just to look at Christmas lights.  I tried talking him into letting me make all the presents since we got married but his response "No! Back when I was 19 and just moved out mom had given me $200 just to help with bills.  I spent $5 on each person even though I could not afford it...Rick (BIL) keeps saying I'm cheep, every year..."  So I had to spend $25 on each person in his family...my family just got things I'd made them...baked goods, jam, apple butter, applesauce and what ever I'd made the ladies.

LOL, when we moved to our current house we had to be out of the old one Dec 29th...so I'd postponed Christmas till Jan 25th with his family since it was a weekend.  They looked at me like I'd just landed from outer space...being raised Orthodox Christian and having friends that celebrated Jan 7th it seemed logical to me.    

Glad you talked some sense into the hubster lol!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
greenfaerie
« Reply #187 on: September 10, 2009 02:45:21 PM »

Your hubby needs a hug.  His family sounds so materialistic!  lol 

I'm trying to learn to look people dead in the eye with that Professor McGonagal unwavering stare and tell people the polite version of "STFU!"  lol  Handmade gifts don't go over well with my inlaws, but I just think of them as product testing for a future etsy store lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist!
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #188 on: September 10, 2009 05:57:28 PM »

Pshaw!  If anyone gets a gift from  this year, it's handmade.  Even if it's a tshirt craft, the tshirt came from the thrift shop! 

Most of the people in my world are under economic stress.  My friend Sarah and her family are in just about as deep a muck and mire I am.  So, they understand.  The others can kiss my cottage cheese butt.  If you don't appreciate the time and love that goes into a homemade gift, then maybe you aren't a good enough person to be on my gift giving list!  Tongue

My son thrilled me to bits when he informed me he wants a Dr. Who scarf for his birthday.  So, I'm crocheting like crazy! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #189 on: September 10, 2009 06:54:31 PM »

Pshaw!  If anyone gets a gift from  this year, it's handmade.  Even if it's a tshirt craft, the tshirt came from the thrift shop! 

Most of the people in my world are under economic stress.  My friend Sarah and her family are in just about as deep a muck and mire I am.  So, they understand.  The others can kiss my cottage cheese butt.  If you don't appreciate the time and love that goes into a homemade gift, then maybe you aren't a good enough person to be on my gift giving list!  Tongue

My son thrilled me to bits when he informed me he wants a Dr. Who scarf for his birthday.  So, I'm crocheting like crazy! Cheesy

ditto. I'm lucky to have "in-laws" who appreciate handmade gifts. (Did I just say "lucky to have "in-laws"?" Never thought those words would come out of my mouth.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Beaded Headbands
How to Make Beaded Watch Band Designs
How to Crimp Beads
How to Make a Beaded Lanyard
How to Use a Beading Board
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...