A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
456 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fill a me stocking because my DH isn't so good at that sort of thing swap  (Read 12069 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mlookyloo1
« Reply #170 on: August 24, 2009 02:18:44 PM »

Belladune is right! Join a small swap that lights your fancy. Do your partner proud and get some glowing feedback from your organizer! Okay, so it isn't always that easy, but try something out. I am truly reticent to have first timers in this swap... so, unless I get a message from an organizer saying I can't exclude newbies I think that will have to be my rule. I am so sorry, and i am not saying you are deserving or worthy, I just can't have any flakers on this one, and until you have tried it once you aren't necessarily prepared... I am so sorry... I really am. I am not the exclusionary type, so it will be hard for me, so I will just go on the record now as saying sorry, but no. But, by all means go get your feedback from a smaller swap! Yeah! Swapping is fun!

mlookyloo1 There is another stocking swap that includes making a stocking... unless this idea really resonates with you (which it may and I understand that!!) feel free to defect to that one  Smiley

the new stocking is for all the new stuff and goodness that I get
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Barbara Jean<br /><br />My Flickr<br />My Wist
monkey_girl
« Reply #171 on: September 05, 2009 04:56:59 AM »

Hey potential organisers....just wondering when sign ups for this one is likely to start?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.adventuresofagi rlfromthenaki.blogs pot.com

So many crafts, so many ideas, so little time!

My wist!

http://www.wists.com/Trees

I love charms for jewelery making, got anything gothic? Want to swap? PM me!
missmoppet
« Reply #172 on: September 06, 2009 09:12:20 AM »

Hey potential organisers....just wondering when sign ups for this one is likely to start?

I was wondering too.  The fill a stocking 5 has already started signups.  Ive been dabating on joining this or that swap.  I was hoping this one would start signups soon.  I know its early, but it would give us plenty of crafting time.  And if we could send out before Thanksgiving that would be good too, since it tends to get hectic after thanksgiving.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
greenfaerie
« Reply #173 on: September 06, 2009 12:34:14 PM »

I also like the idea of starting early. I know it's going to fill up a spot on people's swap lists for a while, but being such a major commitment, shouldn't it?  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big collection of Kenmore presser feet to swap/trade/sell!!  Ruffler foot, etc.  Please PM for details!
Wist!
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #174 on: September 07, 2009 05:26:49 PM »

I can't help it.  I've had to come back to this swap idea.  I pulled away a few weeks ago because of major financial panic and all around stress.  (It's been a BAD summer:  broken engagement, dad in the hospital, and more.)  But, I can't shake this swap from my mind.  I want it to bad.  I'm just going to have to sign up and make it work somehow.  Warning to my partner:  I'll likely be mailing parcel post in order to save postage money.  And, of course, I can't send international.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
greenfaerie
« Reply #175 on: September 07, 2009 10:40:30 PM »

Less money means much more creativity.  I'm also doing this on a strict budget. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big collection of Kenmore presser feet to swap/trade/sell!!  Ruffler foot, etc.  Please PM for details!
Wist!
missmoppet
« Reply #176 on: September 08, 2009 04:20:39 AM »

I'll likely be mailing parcel post in order to save postage money.  And, of course, I can't send international.

Thats another reason Id like to start early.  You know, that way we can all save a buck or two every payday so when the Thanksgiving sendout comes, we'd have the shipping money we needed to mail out our box.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
monkey_girl
« Reply #177 on: September 08, 2009 05:03:23 AM »

I also just want to get started Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist!

iheartzb
« Reply #178 on: September 08, 2009 12:51:29 PM »

Excited as we all are to get started, I think the organizer is planning for mid-October sign ups. I know - it is SO hard to wait. It will be so worth the wait though, I can't wait to have a full stocking this year  Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

view my wist: http://www.wists.com/iheartzb
I have an Etsy shop! It is still very much a work in progress, but check it out anyway: Pretty Little Wishes at www.iheartzb.etsy.c om
monkey_girl
« Reply #179 on: September 10, 2009 03:03:46 AM »

Woohoo! Mid October - I will be keeping an eye out:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist!

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Topshop and Adidas Collaboration Preview
7 Items You Need for Your Spring Wardrobe
2 Easy Ways to Wash Coated Denim
How to Wear High Waisted Mom Jeans
Obama Shops at The GAP in NYC
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...