A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,879
Currently Running With Scissors:
760 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: International Interests Swap (Sign-ups closed, Send Outs Aug. 17)  (Read 11094 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beadedbyamy
I grow my flowers from seed bead.

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009 04:51:27 AM »

Question? I'm still considering joining this swap, but what happens if there ends up being more US people then other countries. I only ask because I'm not sure I'm up for the international mailing rates again. I since I like new food too I'm okay with have a US partner send me foodies I can't get here. By the way I live I Hawaii which is almost like living in another country lol

If there aren't enough international participants, then I'll put people together that live as far apart as possible. Since you are in Hawaii (which, like you said, is kinda like another country!), you can request to get someone on mainland US, but I can't guarantee that, unless someone else says in their questionnaire they wouldn't mind getting someone who's not outside the US. I think that there would be some people in the US who would like to get things from Hawaii.  (If you are reading this and are one of these people, be sure to say so when you send in your questionnaire!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OhThat
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009 06:30:27 AM »

I collect coins too (or paper currency if there is a denomination that is small, like the equivalent of our $1 bill).  But I certainly don't have 600, wow!!!!  Are they 600 different coins (meaning from different countries) or 600 in total?  Either way, that's a very cool collection.  So far, I only have mostly collected coins/currency from countries I've actually visited and just didn't exchange when I got home because I was too lazy or figured I would just use them the next time I visited.  The bummer is that with the Euro, I don't have any specific coins for Germany, Holland or The Netherlands.  I have Swedish Krona, Danish Krone, Euros, Aruban florin, and of course lots of Canadian money.  Well not lots, but more than the other stuff probably.  I also have some Japanese yen that I rec'd in a swap and a coin that I found on the floor of the airport in Copenhagen that I've not been able to identify.  It's definitely Asian, but I can't figure anything beyond that.  My dad had a small box of coins that he had collected and I got them when he died.  Most of them are old American coins, but there are some old Irish pounds and Israeli lire.  I have no idea where he would have gotten those.  He was in the Navy, but I don't remember him mentioning being in either of those places, but who knows?

I also collect Christmas ornaments when I travel.  Mostly because they're small and easy to bring home, but it's also a lot of fun to look at them and remember where I got them when we decorate the tree Smiley
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009 06:31:49 AM by OhThat » THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009 07:54:08 AM »

The bummer is that with the Euro, I don't have any specific coins for Germany, Holland or The Netherlands. 

But, the Euros have different pictures on the back depending which country they were minted in! That could be a neat collection. (In fact, I wish I thought to do that during my trip around Europe). 

Looking at my leftover Euros: Ireland has a harp, Germany has an eagle, France has a pretty tree... and I've also got one with a man's face with leaves and a woman in a dress with stars that I'm not sure which countries they are from.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imafundork
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009 08:30:47 AM »

Question? I'm still considering joining this swap, but what happens if there ends up being more US people then other countries. I only ask because I'm not sure I'm up for the international mailing rates again. I since I like new food too I'm okay with have a US partner send me foodies I can't get here. By the way I live I Hawaii which is almost like living in another country lol

In my questionnaire, I said I wouldn't mind be paired with someone in the Pacific Northwest or New England as I live in Florida and they're about as far away as you can get without leaving the mainland.  But I hadn't even thought about Hawaii or Alaska! So I wouldn't mind that pairing up.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
ostera15
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009 11:25:04 AM »

In my questionnaire, I said I wouldn't mind be paired with someone in the Pacific Northwest or New England as I live in Florida and they're about as far away as you can get without leaving the mainland.  But I hadn't even thought about Hawaii or Alaska! So I wouldn't mind that pairing up.  Smiley

Hey, can kinda cover two of those, lol. I'm a New Englander living in Hawaii!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: http://yellowhouseon3rd.blogspot.com/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ostera15/
Save  the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate  !!!!
OhThat
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009 06:54:28 PM »

>>But, the Euros have different pictures on the back depending which country they were minted in!<<

Really?  I had no idea.  I'm going to go dig out my bag o' coins and see what I have.....thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beadedbyamy

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2009 05:49:26 AM »

I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadedbyamy

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2009 06:02:04 AM »

>>But, the Euros have different pictures on the back depending which country they were minted in!<<

Really?  I had no idea.  I'm going to go dig out my bag o' coins and see what I have.....thanks!

I think the euros are so pretty!  Most of mine have the Ireland symbol on them, but I have a couple with the Spain symbol and one that I'm not sure about... it has a group of islands on it? Maybe it's the UK?  Since we live so close together, maybe we should get together to share our collections!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OhThat
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2009 07:34:49 AM »

I think the euros are so pretty!  Most of mine have the Ireland symbol on them, but I have a couple with the Spain symbol and one that I'm not sure about... it has a group of islands on it? Maybe it's the UK?  Since we live so close together, maybe we should get together to share our collections!

That sounds like a great idea!  I could really go for conversation with another adult Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javede
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2009 08:06:53 AM »

But, the Euros have different pictures on the back depending which country they were minted in! That could be a neat collection. (In fact, I wish I thought to do that during my trip around Europe). 

Looking at my leftover Euros: Ireland has a harp, Germany has an eagle, France has a pretty tree... and I've also got one with a man's face with leaves and a woman in a dress with stars that I'm not sure which countries they are from.

And then there are also different coins for different states atleast here in Germany. I think it was a special coinage(?), not sure they are always available and I myself only had a couple of my homestate go through my hands.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Photoshop - Dramatic Skies
SURIMPRESSIONS - GUACOLDA
Saturated Reds – Photoshop for Video Episode 91
Portrait Retouching with Photoshop Elements - Touching Up Flaws
How to Wow: Best of Photoshop CS2 with Jack Davis
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...