A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,356
Currently Running With Scissors:
380 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: International Interests Swap (Sign-ups closed, Send Outs Aug. 17)  (Read 15554 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lilyla19
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009 01:51:38 AM »

I would love to join.

Tongue

Need to let you know this

I sent from my university post office, they never have a receipt for non-registered packages.

Sad

Even I got the registered package type, I can never get it to work which is really weird.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beadedbyamy
I grow my flowers from seed bead.

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009 04:58:01 AM »

I would love to join.

Tongue

Need to let you know this

I sent from my university post office, they never have a receipt for non-registered packages.

Sad

Even I got the registered package type, I can never get it to work which is really weird.

The receipt is only required for you to avoid negative feedback in case your package goes missing. I will not ask you for it unless this happens, and you are ok to not get one as long as you understand that if your package gets lost in the mail and I have no proof of you sending it, I will have to give negative feedback. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tickle-me-emo
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009 06:49:43 AM »

I'm in!! well i sent mey questionaire in!  Cheesy
I always get oevr excited as soon as i send it in and want my partner immediatly when i know i can't!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beadedbyamy

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009 09:39:34 AM »

I'm in!! well i sent mey questionaire in!  Cheesy
I always get oevr excited as soon as i send it in and want my partner immediatly when i know i can't!  Cheesy

I know the feeling! I'm really excited about this too. It's my first time organizing. Smiley I can't wait to put partners together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadedbyamy

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009 04:41:14 AM »

If you are accepted into the swap, feel free to discuss your country or your collection! There are some really neat ones. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tickle-me-emo
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009 04:00:45 PM »

i'm not sure my one is one the neat ones but i collect christmas decorations most specifically across america (as i was jsut there for a year!) but heck i just LOVE christmas!  Cheesy

whats everyone else got?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beadedbyamy

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009 08:03:15 PM »

I collect coins from around the world... an interest that I inherited from my dad, who served in the US navy. He had a small collection (probably about 50 coins) that he would show me when I was younger. I loved looking at them and learning about the different countries through them. I had a tiny collection as a child, then I got my dad's collection after he died, had several other family members (in branches of the military) who handed over their small collection when they heard about my interest, began getting coins as random gifts from people... and now I have over 600 coins from 80 or so countries in every continent but Antarctica. My oldest coin is Mexican from 1828, but I also have some neat ones from the early 1900s that I like a lot. I collect them for historical and cultural interest, not for profit, and I can bore anyone with my fascination and excitement about them. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadedbyamy

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009 08:04:34 PM »

i'm not sure my one is one the neat ones but i collect christmas decorations most specifically across america (as i was jsut there for a year!) but heck i just LOVE christmas!  Cheesy

whats everyone else got?

I think that's a neat idea for a collection. Smiley Do you like them to be specifically US-related?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imafundork
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009 09:01:42 PM »

Tickle-me-emo, my sister collects Christmas ornaments too! My parents travel a lot and always get her one.

Beadedbyamy, that's really neat that you have so many coins from so many places.  I have a few from the places I've been but nothing too exciting.

I definitely have one of the interesting collections!  Cheesy
I collect restaurant menus.  It started when I was a freshman in college.  I went to a friend's house for the first time and his roommate had menus for local eateries hanging up in the den.  I thought it was pretty neat so I decided I wanted to do it too! I would pick them up here and there and by the time I was a junior, my roommate and I would meet for lunch at least once a week at a different restaurant just so we could get the menu. It became an adventure! Some we asked for and others we sneaked out, but I can remember stories about most of them which is cool. We had them all strung up on our dining room walls with fishing line and clothes pins.  It was really fun and was always good for an interesting conversation!  After I graduated and moved into a new condo in a different city, I packed them all up and they now sit an a couple of peach crates in my dining room.  At last count, I had over 150!  Oh, and these aren't paper menus!  Wink

I'm going to see if I have any pictures of them hanging and if I do I'll add it here. Smiley
I found a picture! It's four years old, blurry and the menus are in the background, but it's the best I can do! Please excuse the drunk girl with the puppy (ahem...me)!  Tongue

« Last Edit: July 16, 2009 09:52:26 PM by imafundork » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
ostera15
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009 10:19:07 PM »

Question? I'm still considering joining this swap, but what happens if there ends up being more US people then other countries. I only ask because I'm not sure I'm up for the international mailing rates again. I since I like new food too I'm okay with have a US partner send me foodies I can't get here. By the way I live I Hawaii which is almost like living in another country lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ostera15/
Save  the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate  !!!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Pull Off an Avant-Garde Red Carpet Look
How to Wear a Formal Dolce & Gabbana Evening Coat to Brunch
Teen Prom Makeover Trailer
Here Are The 8 Hottest Bikinis For The Summer Season
A Look Back: Kentucky Derby Celebrity Style
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...