A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Graduation themed fabrics  (Read 1502 times)
Tags for this thread: graduation  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PetStoreGirl
« on: July 11, 2009 10:32:18 AM »

I am in desperate need of some help! I have been searching everywhere for Fabric with graduation themed prints, with no prevail! I have gone through the list of fabric websites listed on an above listing with out any help or sign of light on the other side. If someone could point me in the right direction I would be forever grateful!

Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009 08:07:03 PM »

That's a tough one.! How much do you need? Is there any reason you can't make some sticker type stencils, and do it yourself? If you're making a lot, maybe not. But if it's just a yard or two, Why not? If you do, pin it down tight , with cotton to absorb the paint seeping thru. Because if you don't, the puddles will come back on your work in the wrong place. When I used to paint scarves, I had soft bulletin-board type stuff, I'd cover with muslin and stretch the Scarf. The biggest board was for a 45" square. You can even cut stencils out of file folders, or cardboard if you want. But maybe, it sound like a lot of extra work? K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PetStoreGirl
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009 04:11:49 PM »

Well I work at a vet's office in the physical therapy department and we have graduations for the dogs that finish rehabilitation and I make them depending on their size little graduation garments...nothing big sometimes it's a bandanna or a bow tie or if mommy really likes that kind of stuff a little coat....but that idea might work I'm just not clear on how to do that...I've never gotten that crafty with fabric I might need more detail. Thanks though!!!!!! That sounds perfect for what I'm doing and I don't need a lot since graduations don't happen that often. Woot I'm excited for a project! Grin Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009 05:16:37 PM »

You could take clip art, and cut simple stencils. cut them with the image removed, so you have the paper around the image. Then youcould make cats and dogs with Grad hats stenciled on them. Get fabric paint and markers, Fill in the designs. This could be so much fun for small pieces! And not too costly. You could combine images. I am doing something similar, but with swn on appliques, The process is similar, except I am sewing the design, not painting. So I don't use the reverse stencil.I use my printer to size the images, then glue it to file folder paper. This is what I've been doing all summer, making these stencils. I have been making windsocks. I love the fact that you are doing something special for pets.  K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PetStoreGirl
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009 08:44:45 AM »

Thanks so much I'll have to start this tomorrow!!!!! Super excited!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009 03:18:11 PM »

I can't wait to see pics! I don't have the picture loaded on my puter files, but one of my favorites was the puppy with his birthday hat on. I staged  up the birthday party scene and took his picture with the hat on, and all the goodies on the table. I think it's on a disk from throw away film. You would love it! He really knew it was all about him.... That's why I think what your'e doing is so special. K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PetStoreGirl
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009 06:17:31 PM »

Yea whenever i get new bandannas for my dogs they always know it's special! I love their expressions...they always sit right down and start wagging their tails...it's so cute! I would love to see that picture it's sounds adorable! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Approach a Monologue in Acting
How to Cast Actors for a Play
How to Deal with Difficult Actors
How to Be a Theatre Director
How to Direct a Play
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...