A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,143
Currently Running With Scissors:
358 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Panda Portrait for Auction (colored pencils)  (Read 5214 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

McJulie-O
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009 08:59:51 PM »

Jaw dropping.
Breathtaking.
A perfect portrait of a panda, as expressive as any human.
Well done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kisskristy
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2009 05:05:00 AM »

this is gorgeous,
and i love the detail and all the colours.
if i saw this somewhere, i would definitely stop what i was doing and have a good look at it.
good work Cheesy
you should be realllyyyy proud of this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ericav
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2009 05:27:37 AM »

Thank you everyone for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I still haven't heard anything so I'm taking it that it didn't sell and they didn't want to disappoint me. I'm not discouraged about it because there could be a number of reasons why it didn't sell at the event. I don't think it has anything to do with the quality of my work. I'm still so proud of this piece. I really poured my heart into it. Even if it didn't sell, I'll probably make another piece if they ask me again next year. Thanks for encouraging me to keep going.  Cheesy

Oh and I used prismacolored pencils, they're my favorite.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009 01:25:59 PM by ericav » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bennaka1010
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2009 08:47:16 AM »

It's beautiful!! I hope it made lots of money at the auction!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TSmith
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2009 09:13:01 AM »

This is amazing! You have some real talent. Good for you for using it for a good cause!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
It's new and very bare. Sad
ericav
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2009 09:22:25 AM »

OK I just got news from the people that ran the event! The person who got it was the person that I mailed the drawing too (she was running the event). She said that she just couldn't let it go. It went for a little less, but the group that has this event is a small personal group. People in the group probably saw that she really wanted the piece and probably didn't bid because they knew how much she wanted it.

So I feel really good about this now and I have an even great faith in my art. I'm really hoping that I can get into the larger event at the National Zoo. I had the group giving me praise to the right people at the National Zoo so I'm hoping I can do even bigger pieces for their auction! Thank you so much for helping me build my confidence!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eemmjj

all things must pass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009 10:36:34 AM »

That's great, ericav! This is an amazing piece and I am glad it was able to go to a good cause and to someone who will treasure this. I spend a year in D.C. as a kid and going to see the pandas was the highlight of my life at the time. Thank you for helping out the zoo so that other kids get to know these wonderful creatures and get excited about animals, science and conservation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
prunes28
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2009 12:06:06 PM »

it's done with colored pencils? holy crap! i did'nt know you could do something so amazing with those!
really truly amazing!!! good job! and i'm positive you'll get some feedback.be patient. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GlassSpider
Part artist, part pyromaniac

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2009 12:31:42 PM »

You did an amazing job! When I saw the little thumbnail picture on the front page, I thought it was a picture of a stuffed panda (and that, rather than a real panda, only because this is more of a craft forum and I thought someone was showing off a toy they had made)! I love colored pencil,but I'm not that good at it. I can draw, but I can't get the lovely deep colors with it. I guess I'm too impatient.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.
-Leonard Cohen
TSmith
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009 03:47:15 PM »

You did an amazing job! When I saw the little thumbnail picture on the front page, I thought it was a picture of a stuffed panda (and that, rather than a real panda, only because this is more of a craft forum and I thought someone was showing off a toy they had made)! I love colored pencil,but I'm not that good at it. I can draw, but I can't get the lovely deep colors with it. I guess I'm too impatient.

I thought the same thing when I first saw the pic!! Again, such great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
It's new and very bare. Sad
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Play Eighth Notes on the Violin
How to Play D Major Scale on the Violin
How to Play A String Notes on the Violin
2009 Holiday Baeble Music Indie Music Special
The Worst Cover Songs Ever
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...