A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A TON of Reusable Sandwich Baggies!  (Read 7925 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

plummy
« on: July 08, 2009 10:50:21 PM »

Hi everyone!  So basically I've gone on a huge kick with making reusable sandwich bags.  I make them with zippers so everything stays super fresh (I've kept bread in them for a couple days and it doesn't go stale!) and so crumbs don't get in velcro (which drives me insane).  The inside is any variety of vinyl or waterproof fabric I can find (lately I've been using a super cute pink gingham vinyl that I love), and I've been using cottons for the outside.  You can toss them into the wash, line dry them (I've even put them into the drier and they're fine but I'm guessing over time it wouldn't do them good) and they're as good as new, but usually I just shake out the crumbs.  I hate going through so many plastic bags, especially since I'm a snacker so I like bringing snackums with me when I'm out and about, and this solves my problem! 

Anyways, too many words!  All of these are the reusable sandwich bags except the black one, which is a small wristlet I made with a fuzzy black thick outer material and a lovely cream satin on the inside, complete with credit card slots and a divider (not that it's really necessary in a pouch so small, lol). 

Feed back is always appreciated!  I have just started playing around with a lightbox I made, so any tips would be nice!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to trade for kawaii Japanese fabric or cabochons!  PM me if you're interested!

Visit my etsy shop!   Cute girly clothing and accessories!  bydanalynn.etsy.com
Gerah
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009 11:03:01 PM »

Wow, I love those!
I never had the idea to make something like that, but that is actually fantastic Smiley
I think I need some too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
little_emsy
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009 02:00:11 AM »

Oh wow!!!!

I really want to make some of these... are they just like a standard lined zip pouch... but with vinyl? Do you have any tips/tutorial? I reallllly love what you've done here! They'd be so handy - seeing as we're big snackers in my house. And I have a hungry 2 year old! Are they just regular zippers?

You've just revolutionised my tote bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://thesewcafe.blogspot.com/

My Beloved Monsters:http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Beloved-Monsters/25396759847?ref=ts#/pages/My-Beloved-Monsters/25396759847?ref=ts
munchkinarooo
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009 05:29:55 AM »

those are very handy, i hate when i have to throw away all those bags too!
love your choice of fabric, especially the parachute one. A tute or some tips would definitely be appreciated. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A friend of mine that we met in Len whos father was older than him that and had a washing machine that a guy had to fix, that guys second couisn that had a sister in law that had a grandmother that had a maid that had a friend that sold tofu. Well a neighbour of hers has what you lent me.
noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009 07:22:53 AM »

Awesome!!! What an excellent idea
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plummy
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009 07:25:51 AM »

Thanks for the kind comments!  They are just regular lined zip bags with vinyl on the inside.  I had to experiment around a bit to get them to work, but as long as you line everything up all right, don't use a super bulky zipper and pin well to make sure nothing slips then it should be fine.  Have fun making them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to trade for kawaii Japanese fabric or cabochons!  PM me if you're interested!

Visit my etsy shop!   Cute girly clothing and accessories!  bydanalynn.etsy.com
thecraftygranny
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009 07:32:10 AM »

What a wonderful, green thing to make.  I'm going to run out and get some vinyl and make a few of these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
InfiniteDreams
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009 08:42:02 AM »

That's a really cool idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gopoundsand
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009 12:24:24 PM »

too cute, and especially thrifty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
catdaddytn
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009 07:03:53 AM »

Great idea!  I may have to get over my fear of zippers.  I have used zippers, but it's been a while.  I haven't made any bags or purses in a while.  I suppose it's time to get back to it.  I've been busy lately making jewelry.  thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catdaddytn
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Cod With Oranges 1-2-3
How to Make Sautéed Peaches with Chardonnay Vanilla Syrup
How to Make Lemon Pancakes
How to Make a Pot Luck Cheese Platter
How to Make a Cheese Plate Extraordinaire
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...