A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
328 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: anyone for Knitty's I Do?  (Read 5905 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

arielsalias

crafting like whoa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2005 10:47:02 AM »

I'm getting married in October and I'm having a very "I do" heavy weddding.  My mom is making one for me in double stranded Kidsilk Haze and I'm making one for each of my 4 bridesmaids in Patons Classic Wool Merino on 5mm/ US 8 needles.  I've knitted up one (still need to seam/block/weave in ends) of the 4 already and I'm to about row 55 of the first sleeve of my second, and I've only been working on them for about 8 or 9 days!  They're way faster than I thought.  I was afraid I'd signed myself up for way more than I could handle, but it's actually going really well.

Wow, that's ambitious! Are you doing the bell sleeves or have you managed to reduce the width of the sleeves? Just wondering how many to cast on...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

!!!!MUSIC IS MUSIC!!!
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2005 10:15:10 AM »

I'm doing the bell sleeves, so I'm just following the pattern.  If you want the sleeves to be straight (not fitted) cast on the amount that you would have after the decreases (48 for size small) and just do the right number of repeats before you start increasing at the elbow.  If you want them tight at the wrist, my first guess would be to cast on 1 repeat less than that elbow number ( so 36 for small) and do the increases at the right interval to end up with the right 'elbow number' after the right number of repeats.

Shrug #1 is all seamed and ends are all woven in, still needs blocking
Shrug #2 first half is done, second half I'm on about the 15th decrease row
THIS ROCKS   Logged
carina
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2005 11:19:41 AM »

I'm so in love with this pattern.. I just don't know if I'm brave enough to try it..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What does not kill you, only makes you stronger
gloriana
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2005 01:14:42 PM »

I too am really enjoying this pattern - I'm just about to the shoulder on the first sleeve.  I've made the sleeves shorter and cast on fewer stitches to make the flared hems a bit smaller:

I'm making the small, so I cast on 72 stitches instead of 84 to start off with.  I'm using Classic Elite Premiere, which is a cotton/tencel blend that is very soft and nice to work with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
arielsalias

crafting like whoa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2005 06:49:09 AM »

gloriana, your photo just inspired me to get off my butt and stop procrastinating this project.  Black looks great (i had been debating about what color to try it in) and i think i'm going to be a copycat and do it.  thanks for the inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

!!!!MUSIC IS MUSIC!!!
gloriana
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2005 07:01:17 AM »

no problem.  Smiley  I'll look forward to seeing your black I Do...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

francie pants
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2005 09:00:51 AM »

man... i loved this pattern... how hard is it for those with little lace experience?  i made the branching out scarf and loved the challenge.  i showed my husband the pattern and unfortunately, the point of shrugs is completely lost on him. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gloriana
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2005 01:07:58 PM »

I would say that if you've got some lace experience, definitely go for it.  The lace looks a lot more complex than it actually is.  I just finished the first half of mine yesterday and am loving it! 

Quick question for those of you who finished it: did you block each half before grafting them together?  Or did you block them afterwards?  Thanks...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2005 06:08:10 AM »

I grafted first, then blocked.  It lets you make sure that the opening is the right size. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gloriana
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2005 12:45:41 PM »

I finished my I Do yesterday and wore it to work today.  I taught a 2 1/2 hour Shakespeare class, and then looked down at myself, only to see that it SHED all over me!  Not just a little bit.  Big clumps of black fuzz all over my pink shirt.  It even clumped under my arms, so I look like I have black pit hair.  GROSS.  So now I can't help but wonder if my students were just laughing at me the whole time.  It's like teaching a class with something big stuck between your teeth - only worse.  I used Classic Elite Premiere, a pima cotton/tencel blend - I had no idea it would shed this much.  I'm hoping that a trip through the washer will help cut down on it.  I feel like a real dork, though.  I haven't taken photos yet - I'll post some later, without fuzz.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Face Painting - Tiger Face Details
Final Touches for the Tiger Face
Using a Pencil Sketch of the Tiger Face
How to Apply Base Coat for Tiger Face Makeup
Tools for Creating a Tiger Face
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...