A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
800 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Summer Slamdance! IYP13 gallery!!  (Read 33276 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

~Glenda
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2009 07:16:43 PM »

I received my packages from KarenLouise today and in addition to the cool purse I wanted, she included a lot of other really fantastic stuff  Grin. The rain actually stopped early enough this evening that I was able to quickly take everything outside and snap pics before the sun set!

My most favorite purse evah!! She made this out of a menu she scored at Disney, and I love the embellishment and the interior fabric.

This Scrabble board table will be PERFECT in our living room! Kiddo is thrilled we will be able to play Scrabble off the floor now, away from the mouths of doggies who like to sample the scrabble tiles  Wink. KarenLouise stalked me good on this one!! The blue paint, by the way, is fabulous, as is the trim she applied around the top outer edge. She attached a tin underneath the table and inside the tin are the scrabble tiles -- very easy to access, but out of the way enough that the dogs can't get to them.

In keeping with the Scrabble theme, some scrabble tile coasters -- another good bit of stalking as all of the words she chose are "me". These will come in extremely handy, as my current "coasters" are actually cloth napkins LOL

Some lovely pendants. I think it's funny that we both ended up doing pendants, because it's not something we discussed beforehand. Great minds think alike  Smiley. I love all six of these very much. The pendant made from a piece of china is from china that belonged to her grandmother -- her grandmother used her china (rather than storing it for "some day", a lady after my own heart!!) and some of the pieces were badly chipped and cracked, so KarenLouise has been using those in her crafting. I love that something so pretty also comes with a story that warms my heart. How cool it will be to wear that pendant and always think of the story that goes with it!

And some purty earrings to add to my growing "crafted by Craftsters" earring collection that I love so much (and make use of nearly daily!).

A hanging she made using some of my hubby's nature photography -- this is so very pretty and I'm thinking I'll hang it in our kitchen once we finish repainting the cabinets (we are in the middle of a rather big DIY kitchen makeover).

Some envelopes made out of magazine pages, something that's been on both my Wist and my "learn how to make 'em" list for a while.

Last, but not least, a set of embroidery patterns and some gorgeous metallic floss -- an embroiderer can never have enough of either!!

What a great package, right?!! I didn't know KarenLouise before this swap and I was nervous inviting her to be my partner (but my desire for one of her purses was greater than my nervousness LOL), but I'm so glad I asked and that she agreed to partner up with me. My IYP swaps with both she and atsuko have been such a blast!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2009 09:14:35 PM »

Wow, all that stuff is so cute!!!  I can't believe you got a table in the mail!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
LeapFeetFirst

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2009 09:15:53 PM »

I received a wonderful package full of beautifully crafted items from RhymeswOrange this week.
First up is a quilted wall hanging based off of one on my wist. I love the fabrics and the sewing is so good.

RhymeswOrange sent me a whole bunch of fiber for me to play with. This first picture is of some hand dyed millends from Sheep Shed Studio. The second picture is some unidentified fiber, but it looks like it has some bamboo or tencel in it. I love how colorful these two rovings are and I can't wait to spin them up!

Also included were some samples of fibers I've never worked with- cotton lint, silk and fake cashmere. Fun Fun!!

Next up is a really cute felted bead necklace. I really like the purple and lime green color combo.

Paper crafting items like stickers, paper punch, and sequins. I think I am going to use the sequins in my spinning, if I can figure out how to do it.

And I definitely saved the best for last. What is that?? Is that a Wookie in my garden?? Why yes, yes it is, but it isn't any ordinary wookie.

It's a magical Matryoshka wookie with lots of suprises inside!

I am in awe of RhymeswOrange's mad crochet and embroidery skills on these. The details are amazing. This already has a place of honor on top of my t.v. with my rubber duckies from my wedding cake- that is how much I love this! Grin

RhymeswOrange- Thank you SO much for such a thoughtful package!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Glenda
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2009 09:18:18 PM »

Me too!! She shipped the legs in a separate box that fit them just right Smiley. It is just the coolest table! It was like Christmas in July for me today ;-).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Glenda
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2009 09:21:47 PM »

UntouchableFace, that quilted wallhanging is going on my Wist!! The colors are incredible, and I adore anything relating to trees / tree silhouettes. Love love love the Star Wars matryoshka set Smiley.

I don't knit or crochet, so anything related to yarn / fibers more or less goes right over my head, but even I can see that the colors on all of the fibers that have been swapped thus far are incredible!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Faren
Sit and Spin

I am Sci-Fi

« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2009 09:46:51 PM »

I third that! That is quite the extra! I love those pendants, the whole package is amazing!

The package from Rhymesworange is wonderful too. The crocheted nesting Star Wars dolls are a great idea.  The wall hanging is gorgeous and so are the rovings, I specially like the first one. I might have to try a colorway like that!

Thanks for all the compliments guys, this place is good for my ego!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly!

My Wists  http://wists.com/Faren
http://www.flickr.com/photos/faren422/

New hand spun yarns listed! 2/27/10
http://www.annellsannex.etsy.com
ysmeine
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2009 09:54:35 PM »

That scrabble table is amazing. I love the tree wall hanging and crocheted nesting dolls, what a great idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2009 10:50:13 PM »

On the coasters it says vegan and Texas. That must be one tough combo some days! Wink Love the package!

That set of star wars amis is one cool send!! I'm not into star wars, but that would take some dedication. Cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2009 10:52:09 PM »

All these packages are gorgeous...But I love that fiber. lol RhymeswOrange is awesome! She sends a great package for sure.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homespun gifts for your friends and family!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shallwespinmydear
Will be posting more items soon. Check back!
superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2009 11:28:11 PM »

Oh!  that quilt rocks!  (ditto for the fiber!) (ditto for the nesting Star Wars!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Hand Embroidery Patterns
How to Make a Blackwork Cross Stitch
How to Make Papier Mache Art
How to Brick Stitch Patterns
How to Fly Stitch Horizontally and Vertically
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...