A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,336
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Summer Slamdance! IYP13 gallery!!  (Read 41916 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2009 04:06:22 PM »

I can't believe she mailed something so big!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javede
« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2009 12:52:17 AM »

I just had to wist the StarWars nestling dolls, they are too cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
SonjaBoo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2009 07:09:28 AM »

Okay, so I think saying "wow" is pretty much the understatment of the year for this gallery...  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2009 08:03:22 PM »

I just got back from vacay to find some amazing packages in here! I can't even name all the things I love! This swap always has the best gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KarenLouiseM
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2009 09:01:09 PM »

I have to echo AlwaysInspired.  Been on vacation and SO many wonderful things have been added to this gallery.  The quality of the crafting here is really exceptional.  

(And it wasn't that big of a deal to ship the table - the hard part was finding one the right size!  Yippee for Craig's List.  The legs all screw on so I was able to ship them separately.  I just happened to see a box at work the right size for those legs and immediately snatched it.  It sat at my house for at least a month before I was ready to ship!) 

RhymesWithOrange - I think you are right about "always being ready for a game".  I had this sitting in a corner with a few other WIPs when the family was over and my son-in-law grabbed it to start a game.  When I took it away from him and replaced it with my standard Scrabble game he gave me a look that made me feel like I'd taken candy from a baby Wink
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009 09:04:37 PM by KarenLouiseM » THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
~Glenda
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2009 12:41:23 PM »

I had this sitting in a corner with a few other WIPs when the family was over and my son-in-law grabbed it to start a game.  When I took it away from him and replaced it with my standard Scrabble game he gave me a look that made me feel like I'd taken candy from a baby Wink

Awwww, LOL . . . sounds like a good idea for a holiday or birthday present for him, KarenLouise!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Faren
Sit and Spin

I am Sci-Fi

« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2009 01:36:06 PM »

I received from musiclady! Such awesome stuff! Will post pics later today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly!

My Wists  http://wists.com/Faren
http://www.flickr.com/photos/faren422/

New hand spun yarns listed! 2/27/10
http://www.annellsannex.etsy.com
Faren
Sit and Spin

I am Sci-Fi

« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2009 06:52:44 PM »

I love everything musiclady sent, she hit my style exactly!
First, a quote holder that I asked for but so much better that I imagined.  It has a pocket to hold the extra quotes.

All the extra quotes, I know you can't read them, but I had to show how pretty they are!

I chose some and she chose some, and I love the ones she chose too. Here they all are, since I know I would be curious.

From Princess Bride:
     "As you wish" --Wesley
     "People in masks cannot be trusted" --Fezzik

From Firefly:
      "This must be what going mad feels like"  ---Simon
      "I'm a leaf on the wind... watch how I soar." --Wash

From Star Wars:
     "Sometimes I really don't understand human behavior."  --C-3PO
     "The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."  --Qui-Gon Jinn
      "There's always a bigger fish."  --Qui-Gon Jinn

Lord of the Rings:
      "A wizard is never late, nor is he early.  He arrives precisely when he means to."   Gandalf
      One ring to rule them all. One ring to find them. One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..
     "It's a dangerous business, going out your door." --Bilbo Baggins

Buffy:
     "Loneliness is about the scariest thing there is."  --Angel
     "Testosterone is a great equalizer.  It turns all men into morons."  - Giles

Dead Poets Society:
      "Two roads diverged in the wood and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the
          difference."    -Frost
        "Oh, Captain, My Captain!"   -Dead Poets Society
       "Carpe Diem"
       "No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world."  - John Keating
       "Sucking the marrow out of life doesn't mean choking on the bone."  - John Keating

And this last one I'm not quite sure about, I'm guessing it is from the Ringworld series.
        "Magic is the bloodstream of the universe."  - High Aldwin
Love the quote though!  

The note she sent, a fairy shrinky dink charm and some hand drawn cards.  The one with the snake and sheep says "What do you get when you cross a boa with a sheep?"  inside, "A wrap-around sweater!"    The puppy and yarn, "What happened when the mama dog ate a whole ball of yarn?" "Her puppies were all born wearing sweaters!"   The birds says, "Why don't crows spend all their time knitting?" "Because they're too busy Crowcheting!" This one  is my favorite!  The sheep reading, "What is a sheep's favorite newspaper?" "The WOOL Street Journal!"  I really love all of these.

The rest of the cards she sent.  And so you can see the little fairys on them, here is a close up!

If you can't tell, I'm really happy with everything!

PS. OH, NO! I can't believe I forgot this! My only excuse is I was to busy typing!

A knitted ipod/cellphone tardis! Isn't it great! There is a story to go with it too.  I was stalking her wists and saw she had a Dr. Who laptop cozy on it.  I was going to make her a Dr. Who craft because of it, but when I went back to see if she had any notes on that entry it wasn't there! So I asked her if she was a fan of the show or if I was crazy.  She said she wasn't but she was making it for a friend and had forgot to make it private so they wouldn't see it! She must have seen it on my wist, cause it was for me!  Grin  No, you didn't ruin the surprise, musiclady! And I would love it even if you had! It is the best extra ever!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009 07:07:20 PM by Faren » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly!

My Wists  http://wists.com/Faren
http://www.flickr.com/photos/faren422/

New hand spun yarns listed! 2/27/10
http://www.annellsannex.etsy.com
musiclady

with enough caffine, I could rule the world

« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2009 08:06:05 PM »

Yay!  I'm so glad you like everything, and that the shrinky dinks arrived in one piece!!  The magic quote is from Willow.  For such a good movie, there were not very many good quotes short enough to put on a card!  I love your kitty, he looks like he could be related to mine.  But waaaayyy smaller, mine is a chunker!  I'm so glad you like the "iTARDIS" - the lady who created the pattern said it fits because the ipod is so small but holds so much.  I guess if you watch Dr. Who that makes sense to you.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2009 08:14:41 PM »

So this gallery is totally awesome! All the beads and rocks rondas sent are awesome!! And I must say that package Phizzy got is so amazing!  Wink The neckalace looks awesome on you! All that zebra print is so cool, I'm also geting a zebra print purse from pseudo! Wow, those scrable pendants are awesome! OMG those hand dyed/spun yarns are soo pretty! That scabble table is way to cool! Ok so the quilted wall hanging is so pretty, I love the colors and the design of the tree. And I'm a total nerd so I love the Star Wars Nesting dolls AND the Tardis phone cozy!!

So I think I'll want a Knitting partner for next round, I can knit but not well enough for the things that I would want, plus I can't work with small knitting/needles. I can't wait till Pseudo post pics of what I sent her!! I should be getting phizzy's packages by the end of the week, it took ten days for my package to get to her, so I'm hoping that's how long it takes her packages to get to me. I'm just soo excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Products to Use and Avoid When You Have Sunburn
Our Favorite Picks for Cruelty Free Beauty Products
The Spoon Facial: Does It Work or Is It a Joke?
5 Things to Try This July 2014
Birchbox July 2014: Sneak Peek Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...