A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,219
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "5 Minute Artisan Bread"- the best thing since sliced bread  (Read 13309 times)
Tags for this thread: bread , recipe  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Megzy818
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Happily married to my best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2009 03:12:27 PM »

it came out so great! i made it friday afternoon and it was gone that night lol i just made another loaf today and treated myself to one of the heels of the bread with butter...it was so good! totally making it again, but i need to go out and buy more flour i used it all up between friday and today Smiley

oh yea! hubby and i moved into a new apartment last firday and out corn meal died in transit from the old apartment across town, first time i used flour on bottom and it was really messy, still hadnt gotten out to get corn meal so i layered the bottom of the pan i cooked it on with grits, which worked surprisingly well...and added a little more flavor lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud ARMY brat and NAVY Wife!!! 08/05/08
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1414000172&ref=profile
Hippos are my favorite Smiley
mlcrays
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2009 08:53:33 AM »

Thank you for posting this recipe.  I am making bread for the first time.  So far so good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
doyouloveanapple
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2009 08:05:36 PM »

... so i layered the bottom of the pan i cooked it on with grits, which worked surprisingly well...and added a little more flavor lol

I do that too actually! I didnt' have any cornmeal when I made it first, and it just worked out so well. So crunchy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New items added to my Etsy!

doyouloveanapple.etsy.com
Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2009 04:49:42 PM »

This might seem like a really stupid question, but here goes.

first does this recipe have no sugar at all in it?

second I cooked mine in a bread tin, in a fan forced oven(which I think may be the problem) and it flopped, came out very moist and dense......anybody had the same issuses?

also I looked at the website it is great but the book is not avl in Australia at all boohoo.....would love a copy but shipping is a killer from amazon etc.

thanks for posting this recipe it's great
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
GlitteringPeacock
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2009 07:19:44 PM »

First don't put it in a pan if possible, set it free formed onto a pizza stone, that might fix your problem.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewnutzz
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2009 06:45:35 AM »

This might seem like a really stupid question, but here goes.

first does this recipe have no sugar at all in it?

second I cooked mine in a bread tin, in a fan forced oven(which I think may be the problem) and it flopped, came out very moist and dense......anybody had the same issuses?

also I looked at the website it is great but the book is not avl in Australia at all boohoo.....would love a copy but shipping is a killer from amazon etc.

thanks for posting this recipe it's great

No sugar is correct.

There are a couple of websites that feature Artisan bread in 5.....Breadtopia.com and www.artisanbreadinfive.com both have inforrmantion and recipes.

I have baked in abread tin with no problems, but I put it on a pre-heated bking stone.
  I posted tips for lbaking this bread on this forum...check it out.
Keep trying it.
Anne
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2009 01:48:30 AM »

I am going to try again using my pizza stones, just as soon as I get my oven fixed, the element just snapped in half and it is only 3 years old.....I need to get a wood fired stove I swear.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Alicia_039
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2009 04:13:23 AM »

I made this recipe yesterday and put it into bread tins Smiley  no baking stone,  pan with water on bottom rack.   It turned out soooo good my mother in law wants more this weekend.
Thanks for the recipe Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LMAshton
Kitchen Witch

Canada -> Sri Lanka -> New Zealand -> Singapore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2009 07:58:22 PM »

It sounds like your oven could be too cool. I'd suggest getting an oven thermometer and checking to see what your actual oven temperature is.

Moist and dense bread means it didn't get enough oven spring and it didn't finish cooking, both can be caused by a too cool oven.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

6differentways
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2009 05:30:50 PM »

Hey all- if you wanted to try a few recipes from the book before buying, here's a link!
http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-Food/Artisan-Bread-In-Five-Minutes-A-Day.aspx

i tried a loaf today, mine didn't rise properly. think it was my yeast.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Trends In Swimsuit Shorts
Technical Novelty Swimsuit Trends
Crochet Swimsuit Trends
Bandini Swimsuit Trends
Coral And Poppy Swimsuit Trends
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...